DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Eastern Conference thread

Bulls in 5

Heat sweep,

Pacers in 6

Celtics in 6

I know I'm going to sound like a homer but I'm not at all worried after game 1. The Celtics made no 3s, Pierce was completely off and we were missing Ray Allen. Our FG % in the first half was shit. All of this and we were within 4 points of winning this game on the road. In the words of GSP; "I am not impressed with your performance."

What I am worried about is what Sterns stupid ass is going to do with Rondo after that bullshit ejection.

Lol that ejection was such a joke.

I didn't even see what he did.

Lol that ejection was such a joke.

I didn't even see what he did.

He walked right up and chest bumped a referee while the ref's back was turned. If he WASN'T ejected it would have been a joke. He needs to be suspended. Rondo has always been a bit of a hot head and somewhat of a punk. He got suspended once this season for throwing a ball at a ref. This is worse.

As far as his "It was an accident" defense, lolthatshit. If he gets off scott free from this one, Stern will have sunk to an all time low in favoring star players.

After watching the replays out of the heat of the moment, I have to agree that the ejection was warranted. He let his temper get the best of him and clearly bumped the ref. He will probably be suspended for this although I hope they show him mercy.

He walked right up and chest bumped a referee while the ref's back was turned. If he WASN'T ejected it would have been a joke. He needs to be suspended. Rondo has always been a bit of a hot head and somewhat of a punk. He got suspended once this season for throwing a ball at a ref. This is worse.

As far as his "It was an accident" defense, lolthatshit. If he gets off scott free from this one, Stern will have sunk to an all time low in favoring star players.

True I didn't see a good angle then. From what I originally saw, he just got all up in the refs face.

Rondo has been suspended for one game. Fuck.

Hopefully we get Ray Allen back. If Pierce and Garnett play well, we can steal game 2 in Atlanta without Rondo.

The Hawks aren't that good, but I picked them since the Celtics are just old as fuck. Even if they do manage to win this series, they'll just get demolished in the next round.

The Hawks aren't that good, but I picked them since the Celtics are just old as fuck. Even if they do manage to win this series, they'll just get demolished in the next round.

False, because they'd either play Indiana or Orlando. The likelihood is that Boston wins that series.

Amare Stoudemire cuts hand after reportedly punching fire-extinguisher glass case

Staff reports

10:08 p.m. EDT, April 30, 2012

MIAMI— New York Knicks star Amare Stoudamire was tended to by paramedics after he reportedly punched the glass enclosure around a fire extinguisher after the Knicks' loss Game 2 to the Miami Heat, 104-94.

Doctors and paramedics at AmericanAirlines Arena tended to cuts on Stoudemire's left hand, according to a Knicks spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz.

Coach Mike Woodson would not discuss details about Stoudemire's injury in the postgame news conference and said he wanted to talk about basketball.

Stoudemire had scored 18 points in the game.

Source

this definitely ranks pretty high among the stupidest sports injuries

Edited by oochymp

this definitely ranks pretty high among the stupidest sports injuries

Not really, im sure players get mad and punch or vent out after a loss. Nothing is worse losing , when ur already a proven player impact for a team and to get showed up like that, it takes a toll. Shit ive kicked basketballs, throw em after a loss. I rather do that then a person.

Not really, im sure players get mad and punch or vent out after a loss. Nothing is worse losing , when ur already a proven player impact for a team and to get showed up like that, it takes a toll. Shit ive kicked basketballs, throw em after a loss. I rather do that then a person.

I can certainly understand releasing frustration, but punching a glass fire extinguisher case? That's just fucking stupid.

I can certainly understand releasing frustration, but punching a glass fire extinguisher case? That's just fucking stupid.

Naw, its one of in the moment type things. Until u go thru one or something similiar u cant say its stupid bcuz im sure u would prob do it to under the circumstances. Maybe not punch THAT, but something like a wall or a bike like Dirk did.

Naw, its one of in the moment type things. Until u go thru one or something similiar u cant say its stupid bcuz im sure u would prob do it to under the circumstances. Maybe not punch THAT, but something like a wall or a bike like Dirk did.

punching a wall won't generally leave you with cuts needing serious medical attention, punching glass likely will and in this case did

punching a wall won't generally leave you with cuts needing serious medical attention, punching glass likely will and in this case did

Like i said, in the heat of the moment, u dont think u just react.

alright, ESPN is reporting on the injury now and it sounds like he may have just been swinging at the wall and might not have noticed the fire extinguisher case, maybe not quite as stupid, also they're saying he probably won't be back for the rest of the series, huge loss for the Knicks, any small shot they might have had to beat the Heat is now gone

alright, ESPN is reporting on the injury now and it sounds like he may have just been swinging at the wall and might not have noticed the fire extinguisher case, maybe not quite as stupid, also they're saying he probably won't be back for the rest of the series, huge loss for the Knicks, any small shot they might have had to beat the Heat is now gone

Yeah they done now. Sweep for Miami.

Can we just say the first round in the East is complete mess? Give the Heat a by, make all the other series best of three. Seriously. No one wants to see the Bulls play the 76ers WITH Rose. Now even Bulls fans don't care.

The Hawks vs. Celtics... Wake me up when someone wins.

The Heat (Lebron) is just shitting all over the Knicks with no TP in sight.

The Pacers vs. Glenn Davis and J.J. Redick... yay.

:wtf:

Bulls in 6

Heat in 4

Pacers in 6

Celtics in 6

Round 2 will be

Heat in 5

Bulls in 6

East Finals will be

HEAT IN 6

....CALLED IT!

Actually if he would have punched a wall with the same force that he punched through that fire extinguisher case, he would have broken bones in his hands. lol.