DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Eastern Conference thread

hated seeing Granger go down... never liked all the extracurricular stuff he started doing this series, but I am a huge fan of his. Straight BA.

What did Hansbrough do to deserve what Haslem did? He went for the ball yes, but then he raked his fingers in and luckily only was able to cut Wade's eyebrow open. His finger almost went into his eye. The initial action wasn't so bad, the follow through is what got him that technical, and possible suspension.

About Granger, LeBron did get a technical that game that Granger got into his face. The other 3 times he got a technical was all him. There was game 4 where he got into Wades face because the way Hibbert fouled Wade was kinda dangerous and Wade just threw Hibberts hand off of his and then here comes SuperGranger to get into Wades face. He's trying to instigate some kind of fight or reaction so he can eliminate either LeBron or Wade from this series and it isn't working. Granted, what happened to him last night with the ankle really sucks. It's unfortunate, but it's part of the game.

This has become an excellent series and very interesting. Also, I've noticed that David West pushes players so that they crash into each other when someone is trying to set a pick. He did it a few times last night and none of the refs called it. The refs haven't really been all that consistent this playoffs, but what can you do? 2 games left, let's see how it goes.

Haslem has a history of cheap shots or nonbasketball type play. Hes one of the NBAs dirtier players imo.

Now the series gets serious..We have the home court advantage but it doesn't have to mean anything,Sixers can always surprise us..

Now the series gets serious..We have the home court advantage but it doesn't have to mean anything,Sixers can always surprise us..

Celtics are notoriously bad at closing games on the road. I think we are 2-10 in game 6 situations on the road since the big 3 got together. I am not worried about the Sixers. Their magical season comes to an end on Satuday at Boston. :bookit:

I wouldn't say Haslem is a dirty player at all. A dirty player is a player who goes out of his way to hurt someone. I've been watching the Heat since the 03-04 season (Wade and Haslem's rookie year) and I have no recollection of him going out of his way to hurt another athlete. He's well known for an extremely physical "old school" type player, before the NBA got soft and started calling fouls for the dumbest shit. He's more of a hot head sometimes but a dirty player. Nah, you tell me when he was a dirty player? That shit with Hansbrough was borderline dirty at best. If anything it was more retaliation than dirty because of Hansbrough's foul on Wade....

On that note, How does Hansbrough get a "Flagrant 2" and NOT get suspended. it doesn't make all that much sense. Either leave him with the Flagrant 1 or give him a Flagrant 2 with a suspension. They upgraded Hansbrough, Haslem and Pittman to flagrant 2's and only Haslem and Pittman got suspended. That's just jacked up right there. :wtf:

Celtics are notoriously bad at closing games on the road. I think we are 2-10 in game 6 situations on the road since the big 3 got together. I am not worried about the Sixers. Their magical season comes to an end on Satuday at Boston. :bookit:

Booked it..:yep:

No matter what happens in game 7, it's been awesome to see the Sixers keep fighting back. Win or lose, they've proven a lot. Here's to a good game 7 with the better team on top, and may whoever wins beat the everloving shit out of the fucking Heat. :beerchug:

• Upvote 1

No matter what happens in game 7, it's been awesome to see the Sixers keep fighting back. Win or lose, they've proven a lot. Here's to a good game 7 with the better team on top, and may whoever wins beat the everloving shit out of the fucking Heat. :beerchug:

Damn SteveO... Angry much? lol Where's the love? Everyone used to love D-Wade and now that he's with LeBron and Bosh he became hated... lol No worries it's cool. I don't hate on any other team in the NBA. No room for that lol

:party:

Damn SteveO... Angry much? lol Where's the love? Everyone used to love D-Wade and now that he's with LeBron and Bosh he became hated... lol No worries it's cool. I don't hate on any other team in the NBA. No room for that lol

Everybody hates Dwyane Wade because he whines and moans at the officials all game and has hissy fits over being fouled as if it's not part of the game. He's got an entitlement clause and I can't wait to see somebody actually foul him one night, like literally level him like he did to Collison in what, game 2?

Also, Wade should have been suspended for that hit. It was as dirty as Jason Smith's hit.

Edited by BwareDWare94

That hit on Collison I would agree is a Flagrant 2. You have to agree though, the officiating in this series has been terrible on both ends. To be honest, the Pacers have been playing more physical with the Heat, I'm surprised that sometimes they haven't called fouls on Pacers. There's been a few times where David West throws who ever is covering him towards another Heat player so that they run into each other. West is a beast but when he does that, it should be an offensive foul, or am I wrong? :think:

Hate to break it to you but I'm not the only basketball fan who will be rooting against the Heat as long as their "big three" is there.

Thanks for getting our hopes up, Pacers. Now we have to put our faith into either the Sixers (lol) or the old ass Celtics who are about to play game 7 against the Sixers (lol).

I know you're not the only one rooting against the Heat. Everyone outside of Miami is rooting against the Heat. I honestly don't see why so many haters. When the Celtics did the EXACT SAME THING, everyone praised them and said "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO BE AWESOME!" and everyone cheered. When the Lakers did it back in 2004 when they got Malone, Payton, O'Neal and Kobe, everyone cheered. Why is it now that the Heat got LeBron, Wade, and Bosh everyone just becomes straight up haters? I have nothing against you guys, I just would like to know your reasoning in hating the Heat. That's all. I'm cool with all basketball fans of all teams. Pacers played one hell of a series and I tip my hat to them. If anything they helped the Heat become a better team when their big men are out (Bosh and Haslem) It's cool. I just wanna see some good ass basketball come the East Finals...

GO HEAT! :party:

The reason is that none of those players left in as terrible of a way as LeBron. The Decision was simply indefensible, though to LeBron's credit he seems to realize that now.

I know you're not the only one rooting against the Heat. Everyone outside of Miami is rooting against the Heat. I honestly don't see why so many haters. When the Celtics did the EXACT SAME THING, everyone praised them and said "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO BE AWESOME!" and everyone cheered. When the Lakers did it back in 2004 when they got Malone, Payton, O'Neal and Kobe, everyone cheered. Why is it now that the Heat got LeBron, Wade, and Bosh everyone just becomes straight up haters? I have nothing against you guys, I just would like to know your reasoning in hating the Heat. That's all. I'm cool with all basketball fans of all teams. Pacers played one hell of a series and I tip my hat to them. If anything they helped the Heat become a better team when their big men are out (Bosh and Haslem) It's cool. I just wanna see some good ass basketball come the East Finals...

GO HEAT! :party:

A lot of people hate them for the arrogance. When those teams got together they didn't have huge ceremonies or proclaim they were going to win 7 championships.

That being said I don't hate the Heat that much. If they face the Celtics in the ECF I'll be rooting for them as well as if they face the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

Here's another reason to hate the Heat and just the NBA in general...

LBJDW-%20Full.jpg

Douchebags times infinity.

I'll flip shit if I ever see an NFL player wearing a leather/denim jacket and fake glasses.

Go Celtics! The Heat got off easy with the Rose injury and I'd love to see Boston han it to them.

Granted, I agree that "The Decision" was a terrible as hell idea to do lol. I bet if LeBron would not have left the way he did and just held a regular press conference saying he will be leaving Cleveland, it would've been taken a bit more lightly. Also the whole "7 Championships" was more of just kidding around kinda thing. If you look at that video, Wade is just sitting there cracking up and stuff. Don't get me wrong, they do plan on winning championships here in Miami, but we just have to see how many. In my honest opinion I think they can win around 2 or 3 if they stay all 6 years of their contract in Miami. :thumbup2:

People hate the Heat because they're essentially the Yankees of the NBA.

The Heat were the better team in the end, but one thing absolutely frustrates me about the NBA game. Superstar power means everything.

The Heat have a putrid supporting cast. And I mean putrid. Battier looks nothing like Houston or Memphis Battier. Mike Miller has been injured so often that I don't care anymore. Spoelstra doesn't even play James Jones half the time, and real bigs dispose of Joel Anthony. Seriously, everybody was on Roy Hibbert's junk all series, but I wasn't that impressed. He's 7'2 and can't consistently score in the post after 3-4 years in the league already. That's absurd. Also, after game 3, he wasn't dominating the boards anymore. Dude just disappeared, practically.

David West is a great player, but he shouldn't have to keep his teammates in check all series. He looked like an adult babysitting a bunch of kids out there, and it affected his game.

Danny Granger is one of my favorite players, but hopefully after this series he'll just play the damn game without all the talk from now on. Let guys like LeBron and Wade get upset over common NBA fouls and just laugh. Laugh, dude. You don't need to get in their faces.

Paul George's ceiling isn't even in sight for him. This kid is good.

George Hill gets better by the year, and if he can develop a consistent jumper and 3, we might be looking at the first or second seed in the East next year.

Indiana's good, and they're built to eventually beat teams like Miami, but they need to hang on to their core and find a better bench, because they're clearly weaker the instant Hansbrough, Barbosa, Amundson, or Collison take the floor. They need a real sixth man. Keep Hansbrough and Collison because they're developing, and Amundson is a fine hustle guy, but Barbosa is just too poor of a defender to have on the floor in crucial moments.

Now, back to the Heat. My hatred for LeBron has absolutely disappeared. This is the best player since Jordan, the best player in the league hands down, and he's dropped the constant complaining on the court of last year, and he just talks basketball in interviews. He's also come to terms with his mistake in the Decision. Can't help but appreciate the gift to basketball that this guy is. On the other hand, Dwyane Wade needs to drop the entitlement that you can see in him on the court and in interviews and then maybe, just maybe, it won't make me hate basketball if Miami wins the Finals. Just sayin'.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I always thought the Lakers were the Yankees of the NBA until a certain point. I did notice that David West had to get everyone on check because the Pacers do something badass or get the lead and they're celebrating like crazy and you can see West saying "Come on man, get back here" and all that stuff. Granted, I give the Pacers all the credit in this game. They gave us a run for our money and they got me a bit concerned when they were up 2-1 on us.

LeBron this year was just too nasty. He hasn't been complaining as much as last year when he gets fouled. He just plays harder and makes sure he gets his points. Last night, Wade's performance was just insane. 41 points. He practically put the team on his back like the old days because at the beginning of the game LeBron was having a hard time scoring. The Heat can make a legitimate run at the NBA Finals. If they play this way when Bosh comes back then man... between the 3 of them, an easy 85-90 Points a game. give or take.

I always thought the Lakers were the Yankees of the NBA until a certain point. I did notice that David West had to get everyone on check because the Pacers do something badass or get the lead and they're celebrating like crazy and you can see West saying "Come on man, get back here" and all that stuff. Granted, I give the Pacers all the credit in this game. They gave us a run for our money and they got me a bit concerned when they were up 2-1 on us.

LeBron this year was just too nasty. He hasn't been complaining as much as last year when he gets fouled. He just plays harder and makes sure he gets his points. Last night, Wade's performance was just insane. 41 points. He practically put the team on his back like the old days because at the beginning of the game LeBron was having a hard time scoring. The Heat can make a legitimate run at the NBA Finals. If they play this way when Bosh comes back then man... between the 3 of them, an easy 85-90 Points a game. give or take.

Yeah, I think the Heat would beat the Spurs because the Heat are all about taking away passing lanes and making sure the other team's offense eventually turns to Iso with no time on the shot clock. The Spurs rely ENTIRELY on ball movement in their offense, so the Heat are built to beat that. The Thunder, on the other hand are great in Iso, especially Durant, but if the Thunder want to beat the Heat, Durant needs those Iso shots. Westbrook is getting better by the day, but if he shoots more than 20 shots a game in the Finals, the Heat will win.

Uh, what? You can't stop the Spurs from moving the ball around unless you want to guard Duncan 1 on 1, which nobody can do right now. That's how they get it going. Get it down low to Duncan, he draws double teams, then he passes it.