DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Western Conference thread

"Scott Brooks is outcoaching Pop, just like I expected." -No one

At home?

Pop was mentally dominated the weakling Scott Brooks in SA. Let's see what Brooks can do in SA before we get carried away.

RT @AlexKennedy Only two players are averaging at least 20-5-5 during the 2012 postseason: Russell Westbrook and LeBron James.

CLEARLY THE REASON OKC IS LOSING

Don't even try to put LeBron James and Russell Westbrook in the same sentence.

By the way, guess who shot less than twenty times again when the Thunder won? Russell Westbrook. He still had damn near ten misses. Also, he was the only Thunder player with a negative +/- tonight.

One problem with tonight's win. Ibaka drops 26 and Perkins 15 and yet the Thunder only win by 6? Neither of these post men will approach figures like that again. I want the Thunder to win, yes, but they won't get that kind of production from their 4 and 5 in another playoff game.

I can't believe so many people are defending Westbrook. Just look at last night. Durant took over and won the game for the Thunder in the 4th quarter. That's what Durant needs to keep on doing. If Westbrook was his normal selfish self, the Thunder are down 3-1 in this series.

Guest Phailadelphia

I can't believe so many people are defending Westbrook. Just look at last night. Durant took over and won the game for the Thunder in the 4th quarter. That's what Durant needs to keep on doing. If Westbrook was his normal selfish self, the Thunder are down 3-1 in this series.

Westbrook isn't selfish. I can't believe so many people are trying to perpetrate that myth.

Westbrook isn't selfish. I can't believe so many people are trying to perpetrate that myth.

Hes not selfish, hes just a bad shot taker. I understand if he had a consistent jumper, if anything he needs to attack inside and draw the foul. Lets face it, hes prob the most athletic Pg in the NBA IMHO. He has power , speed, and good finishing technique to be good at that. Leave the shots for Durant and attack. Thats what i think.

:rofl:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Westbrook isn't selfish. I don't know how many times this year I saw him have a breakaway dunk that he gave up to whatever Thunder player ran down the court with him. I think Westbrook thinks he can do more than he is capable of sometimes or he tries forcing shots instead of running the offense, but I don't think that equates to selfish.

OH, man, did the Thunder dodge a HUGE bullet! Harden really came up clutch at the end! Now OKC can close it out at home.

Great game by the Thunder, that was a terrible foul call on Westbrook, though, where he accidentally elbowed the guy in the face.

Won 3 straight after going down 0-2, now they really need to close it out at home.

Guest Phailadelphia

Going into an opposing team's arena and watching them lose to your team is one of the most gratifying feelings I've ever experienced. Tonight was incredible.

photo2nrs.jpg

Fuck the Spurs. End them, Thunder.

We're one game away, man. One game.....

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 2

At home?

Pop was mentally dominated the weakling Scott Brooks in SA. Let's see what Brooks can do in SA before we get carried away.

How about now?

Finish it, Thunder. If San Antonio wins on Wednesday, they'll have the momentum going into game 7, not to mention home court.

The Thunder nearly gave that game away at the end, really it was James Harden's absolutely clutch three that just sucked all the wind out of the Spurs. If he misses that shot, the Thunder lose that game, IMO.

Guest Phailadelphia

If OKC wins Game 6 and Boston wins Game 6, then OKC goes on to beat Boston in the Finals...they will have beat the last 4 Finals champs. Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Mavs.

Guest Phailadelphia

Tonight's officials: Joey Crawford and Bill Kennedy.

Fuck me.

Tonight's officials: Joey Crawford and Bill Kennedy.

Fuck me.

Bill Kennedy is fine on his own staff, but you pair him with the plucked chicken and by God, this game could be officiated terribly.

Joey Crawford shows up in certain places at certain times, and I think David Stern has a lot to do with that.

Congratulations, Thunder.

Great comeback in the series and in game 6.

I am not at all worried about any either East team. Not seriously, anyway. I think Boston could pull it off in 6 or 7, but I don't think they would. Miami, if they find their groove, can do it, but I just don't see that happening, either.

I am not at all worried about any either East team. Not seriously, anyway. I think Boston could pull it off in 6 or 7, but I don't think they would. Miami, if they find their groove, can do it, but I just don't see that happening, either.

My early NBA Final pick: OKC in 6.

The Thunder played amazing, especially Durant, in the 2nd half and the Spurs just could not get it going after using so much energy. Whoever wins the East will lose to the Thunder in 6 and we will see the beginning of a dynasty. The Thunder are that good and so young still. Durant will become the best player currently in the league very soon.

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't know what to say.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the Thunder. No way in hell did I think they'd come back down 2-0. Beat the Spurs 4 times in a row after ending their 20 game win streak. Very impressive.

Also, props to Scott Brooks. Had he not told the team to not give the ball to Westbrook during that timeout in the 4th, we most likely would be seeing a game 7 in San Antonio.

Edited by GoodellFTL

The Thunder played amazing, especially Durant, in the 2nd half and the Spurs just could not get it going after using so much energy. Whoever wins the East will lose to the Thunder in 6 and we will see the beginning of a dynasty. The Thunder are that good and so young still. Durant will become the best player currently in the league very soon.

Exactly. Everyone talks about Miami is going to be the new Dynasty, nope, its the Thunder. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are young as hell. Harden too. The way that crowd is, the city, those 4 will wanna stay there for their career. Thats another 10 seasons of those 4 if they stay healthy. Ibaka could emerge as a threat on offense later on in his career, crazy. Thunder taking the whole thing in 6. That crowd is the loudest crowd ive seen since the Boston-Lakers finals. Energy in the building. Hope Lakers get something going next year to win a championship again before Kobe goes out. The Thunder are going to be young for awhile.