Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

**Update** Free agent RB Grant never met with the Lions

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN Milwaukee reports free agent RB Ryan Grant is mulling an offer from the Lions.

Grant has already visited the Patriots and is believed to have received an offer from them as well. We're skeptical that there would be much guaranteed money and a secure roster spot from either organization. At this stage of his career, Grant is merely veteran insurance in case the teams' top options fail to develop or remain sidelined by injuries. May 3 - 2:23 PM

Source: ESPN Milwaukee

Edited by BLUE

I think he'd have a far better shot with the Lions. Jahvid hasn't stayed healthy so they'll probably give Grant a good amount of carries to reduce injury risk.

He had no problem with splitting carries last year... Although I don't like splitting carries.

What does he want more... To win or to run (maybe)?!

We will crush him twice a year.

It's obvious he won't be back in Green Bay. Our FO is done with him.

It's really sad. He has been one of my favorite players since 07.

He'll stay away from Detroit if he knows what's best for him :devious:

Call me crazy, but I think he is going to be a Packer.

I wonder how highly they rate Alex Green then?

The Packers haven't reached out to free agent running back Ryan Grant, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and it can only be assumed they are not interested in re-signing him.

Well... Strike 1 :D

Although I thought we had a very low offer on the table. Guess not. The market has been practically non-existent for Grant.

Mulling an offer? It is May and he doesn't have a team, he should jump on anything that will help him keep his career alive.

I'm a little surprised by this, because he isn't done. Green Bay should give him a small but reasonable offer and keep him around in case Starks gets hurt.

The Packers must feel good with Starks, Green and Saine.

But yea...unless Grant has more offers than the Lions' offer on the table...I don't really see what there is to be "mulling."

Mulling an offer? It is May and he doesn't have a team, he should jump on anything that will help him keep his career alive.

Because he wants to come back to Green Bay. So he thinks if he gets an offer somewhere else it may spark conversation with us. Not sure if thats likely, but I do know that he doesn't want to leave unless we force him to.

:shifty:

Per Rotoworld.com:

Updating several previous items, free agent Ryan Grant never did meet with the Lions as reported on Monday.

A Lions official disputed a report that Grant was ever scheduled to visit the club. The source for the initial report was Grant's agent. The Detroit Free Press attempted to contact Grant's agent on Monday, but their calls were not returned. The initial story last week claimed that the Lions had a contract offer on the table for Grant, and we'd now be forced to question that. May 8 - 9:22 AM

Source: Detroit Free Press

Kind of a failed attempt to create leverage.

Kinda sad that nobody wants him when he could still be a serviceable runner for somebody.

The player rep for Ryan Grant indicated the free agent canceled his visit to the Lions over "economic issues."

Grant's agent said last week that the Lions had an offer on the table. If that is the case, Grant was unimpressed with the particulars. The cap-strapped Lions were believed to be just $5 million over the salary cap with a draft class yet to sign. We doubt they were offering Grant much in the way of guaranteed money.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Kinda sad that nobody wants him when he could still be a serviceable runner for somebody.

He may be asking for more than teams think he's worth, but if not I'm also surprised he hasn't gotten offers yet. He's a good RB when he can stay healthy, and teams take chances on guys with issues like that normally. Plenty of teams out there could use a #2.