Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Cowboys, Raiders, Tebow fans rated 'most delusional'

via NFL.com

I love how he has the Big Ten at #7 and Penn State at #3, double whammy. I think so of these are spot on.

When ESPN Radio host Colin Cowherd unveiled his list of the most delusional fan bases in sports, he surely lost a few listeners.

Give him this much: It's an intriguing topic.

For Dallas Cowboys fans, however, it touches a nerve. The Oakland Raiders faithful might feel the same way. Tim Tebow loyalists: Your ears are ringing.

Cowherd's assessment of Dallas echoes what critics have been saying for years, perhaps unfairly: "The owner (Jerry Jones) is your general manager (and) is sort of a running joke in the league. One playoff win in 15 years. I like Dallas more than most, but that's a delusional fan base," he riffed, via The Dallas Morning News.

We adore you all. We're just passing this one along. Deal with it.

Cowherd's top-10 most-delusional fan bases:

10. Chicago Bulls

9. New York Knicks

8. College basketball

7. Big Ten football

6. Oakland Raiders

5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

4. Dallas Cowboys

3. Penn State football

2. Notre Dame football

1. Tim Tebow

I think Lakers, Yankees and Red Sox fans should be on this list. Not saying all of them are delusional, but a majority their fans are so spoiled to the point where they believe their teams are better than they really are.

You need some proof that the Red Sox have some of the most delusional fans ever?

316681_10150840334870188_528700187_21324276_1364583327_n.jpg

I won't disagree with the Knicks, Dale Jr. and Tebow fans being on there though. They all belong for sure.

I don't get how Bulls fans are delusional? At least from my standpoint, we believe we are contenders for the Eastern Conference title, which we clearly are.

I don't get how Bulls fans are delusional? At least from my standpoint, we believe we are contenders for the Eastern Conference title, which we clearly are.

I was shocked when I saw that on there. Bulls fans have a pretty good perception of where we are as a team. Very knowledgeable about the game, too.

I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I don't have any complaints about us being on there. I've been to a lot of ND games and people still think its the 1980s when ND was the greatest team to ever compete.

Bulls fans definitely belong on there now. They are delusional about being delusional.

I'm kind of suprised at the Bulls being on there too, their fans are not that bad from what I've seen. Certainly no where near as bad as some of the teams I mentioned earlier.

ND and Tebow rankings are spot on. ND hasn't done anything in years. Tebow is Tebow, good guy, bad QB.

I'm kind of suprised at the Bulls being on there too, their fans are not that bad from what I've seen. Certainly no where near as bad as some of the teams I mentioned earlier.

Actually, no. Now that I re-read this list and re-considered, Bulls fans are EXTREMELY delusional..

In the mind of Colin Cowherd.

He believes that Derrick Rose is overrated and people who think he's a top 5 player in the league (which can be reasonably argued that he is) are delusional.

Therefore, anybody who disagrees with his opinion on Derrick Rose (in this case, 100% of the Bulls fan base) are delusional.

Case closed.

Edit- More seriously I think one explanation could be that some people consider Rose to be the new MJ? And there has been talk (from stupid people) about how this new age Bulls team is going to be as good as our 90's dynasty which was, let's be honest, one of the greatest dynasties in all of American sports. This new Bulls team won't even come close, I'm afraid. Maybe he's talking about how people over-exaggerate our potential or something?

Edited by badgers

I haven't heard many say Rose is the new MJ, but maybe they just mean the next great Bull, not necesarily being as good as MJ. There may be a few idiots, but every fan base has them. I don't think Bulls fans are worse than some of the teams I mentioned. Some fan bases are spoiled by success and overrate their teams because of it.

I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I don't have any complaints about us being on there. I've been to a lot of ND games and people still think its the 1980s when ND was the greatest team to ever compete.

are you talking all throughout college history or single season best teams. If it is single season they are not top 3 in any of their 80's years.

LOL I love how they've got "Big Ten football" on that list...