Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

**Update** Seahawks acquire Winslow for late-round pick

Somebody tell Schiano thanks. :yep:

Last year we had no TE presence because of the OL injuries Miller had to block and Carlson didn't play a down because of his injury. If our OL stays healthy this year (knock on wood), we should have a pretty productive duo for an accurate QB not named TJax to throw to. Gonna be a good year for the Hawks!

So what are we getting with Kellen Winslow Jr? We didn't even really get to use Zach Miller too much, but it will be cool if we can throw off coverage. Get them both on the field, have them block and send different ones out at different times.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Seahawks acquired TE Kellen Winslow from the Buccaneers in exchange for a conditional 2013 seventh-round pick.

The pick can upgrade to a sixth-rounder based on Winslow's performance. Tampa Bay did well to get anything for Winslow, who has creaky knees and played last season with a hitch in his gait. He would have been released if Seattle hadn't made a trade offer. Winslow, who turns 29 before the coming season, finished 2011 with 75 catches for 763 yards and two touchdowns. His playmaking ability has been dwindling several years running, and he's now going to a run-first offense to compete for snaps behind Zach Miller. Winslow may help Seattle in a limited role, but his fantasy value will be scant in 2012. May 22 - 12:33 AM

Edited by BLUE

So what are we getting with Kellen Winslow Jr? We didn't even really get to use Zach Miller too much, but it will be cool if we can throw off coverage. Get them both on the field, have them block and send different ones out at different times.

A guy who pushes off all the time and yells at the QB because he didn't throw the TD pass to him. Winslow is a good player, but you can tell he was slowing down the past few years, he isn't nearly as fast as he use to be.

You guys were ecstatic when you got him from the Browns, we told you he was toxic and just wasnt worth his effort on the field.

I'd do it all over again, in a heartbeat.

Ummmm, why? This move makes no sense. So, we are going to bring in an older Tight End who no one even wants to replace a 28 year old Tight End who has been our most consistent weapon ever since he has came to Tampa?

First move I completely disagree with this off-season.

Agree 100%. Too many good things were happening, I'm not surprised we made a shitty move.

I would take winslow. In a heart beat. baggage and all.

:yep:

There really isn't any baggage that comes along with him. The people that say that are just spitting out garbage.

He just doesn't practice all the time because he has bad knees. All that matters though is the games and he plays in every one and produces well. That's really all the baggage that comes along with him.

I know. I remember he did come with some "character issues" from Cleveland but in his time in Tampa, I never remember there being any issues with him and coaches or players. Dude showed up on Sundays, played hard and with intensity. Blocked well, wasn't a pussy either. He also managed to stay relatively healthy.

We have definitely downgraded at the TE position.

Words can't even describe how dumb of a trade that is for the Bucs.

A 7th fucking round pick for Kellen Winslow? Are you kidding me? The guy is only 28 and still has some years left in the tank. The Bears offered a 3rd rounder for Winslow during the draft so we definitely could have gotten better than a 7th. We pretty much just gave Winslow to the Seahawks for free. A 7th rounder means jackshit.

Not only is this an awful trade, but at the same time, we downgrade at TE. Freeman's most reliable target for the past 3 years is now gone. Winslow would have produced even bigger with the addition of V-Jax and having the defense less focused on him.

Good job, Dom. :facepalm: One of the dumbest moves I have ever seen right here.

BTW, good luck to K2. The Seahawks are getting a solid football player here who will be great for Matt Flynn. I hope he continues his solid production and makes Dom look like the idiot he is for only getting a 7th rounder for him.

Edited by GoodellFTL

You guys are soooo right...they just cut him to cut him....

I'm sure there was no reason.

What a shitty move. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he's gone.

His stats this past season were a bit inflated due to our WRs being complete crap out side of Parker.

How many INTs did Freeman throw trying to go to K2?

Any other WRs get in Freeman's face because he didn't throw more balls his ways? Anyone else say that he didn't come here to be a decoy during the middle of a game?

He was a cancer in Cleveland and all signs point to him being the same here. He also has two shitty knees.

There was a reason he was traded and was only given a 7th rounder in return.

We have no idea what our new offense is going to be other than running it a lot. Hell, our new OC just came from the Giants whe the TE isn't even used much. For all we know our offense is a variation of what they run. All we know is we are going to run block.

No one knows why he was traded for certain, but there is more evidence that he's a "cancer" than there is evidence that he isn't.

But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

As far as the Clark signing goes...hands are about the same...it could be argued that Clark's hands are better. Granted he had a lot of drops last year, but IIRC, there was a wrist injury that played a big part in that. I'd be willing to bet that Stocker catches more balls than Clark this year.

• Downvote 1

A guy who pushes off all the time and yells at the QB because he didn't throw the TD pass to him. Winslow is a good player, but you can tell he was slowing down the past few years, he isn't nearly as fast as he use to be.

The whole he yells at the QB thing is so overblown based on one incident, it is kind of absurd to me. It happened ONCE. Yet since then, people act like Winslow is TO Jr. or something. I saw Freeman yelling at Benn after he ran the wrong route once, yet NOBODY took offense to that. I have no problem letting Winslow go because he isn't that great anymore and we had to move on at some point, but I think is an overblown issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys are soooo right...they just cut him to cut him....

I'm sure there was no reason.

What a shitty move. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he's gone.

His stats this past season were a bit inflated due to our WRs being complete crap out side of Parker.

How many INTs did Freeman throw trying to go to K2?

Any other WRs get in Freeman's face because he didn't throw more balls his ways? Anyone else say that he didn't come here to be a decoy during the middle of a game?

He was a cancer in Cleveland and all signs point to him being the same here. He also has two shitty knees.

There was a reason he was traded and was only given a 7th rounder in return.

We have no idea what our new offense is going to be other than running it a lot. Hell, our new OC just came from the Giants whe the TE isn't even used much. For all we know our offense is a variation of what they run. All we know is we are going to run block.

No one knows why he was traded for certain, but there is more evidence that he's a "cancer" than there is evidence that he isn't.

But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

As far as the Clark signing goes...hands are about the same...it could be argued that Clark's hands are better. Granted he had a lot of drops last year, but IIRC, there was a wrist injury that played a big part in that. I'd be willing to bet that Stocker catches more balls than Clark this year.

How is it K2's fault that Freeman wanted to force passes to him? Yea, he's gotten in Freeman's face a few times. So what? I've never heard Freeman or any other players complain about it. I really think the whole cancer thing with K2 is overplayed. No one has ever complained about the guy and all he has done since he's come to Tampa has been our most consistent receiver.

I'm pissed that we could only get a 7th round pick for him when the Bears offered us a 3rd during the draft. We definitely could have gotten more than that. And then, replacing Winslow with Dallas Clark? Really? He is an older version of Winslow and there was a reason no one had picked him up through FA yet. The guy just isn't any good anymore.

We downgraded at TE and I am not happy about it. Especially since Winslow has been here since Josh started his career and has been Freeman's most consistent weapon.

The whole he yells at the QB thing is so overblown based on one incident, it is kind of absurd to me. It happened ONCE. Yet since then, people act like Winslow is TO Jr. or something. I saw Freeman yelling at Benn after he ran the wrong route once, yet NOBODY took offense to that. I have no problem letting Winslow go because he isn't that great anymore and we had to move on at some point, but I think is an overblown issue.

Lawl

A QB getting in the face of a WR for running the wrong route =/= A TE getting in the QBs face for not throwing him the ball or w/e and having another player having to come and get in K2's face in defense of Freeman.

I'm sure the FO and coaches are so stupid that they traded him for no reason. I'm sure missing OTAs and doing a DJing gig instead was just the icing on the cake.

I find it funny that there are some fans (not many) that are so up in arms of this and all we know about the offense is that we will run it a lot.

What about all the other offensive ADDITIONS?

How is it K2's fault that Freeman wanted to force passes to him? Yea, he's gotten in Freeman's face a few times. So what? I've never heard Freeman or any other players complain about it. I really think the whole cancer thing with K2 is overplayed. No one has ever complained about the guy and all he has done since he's come to Tampa has been our most consistent receiver.

I'm pissed that we could only get a 7th round pick for him when the Bears offered us a 3rd during the draft. We definitely could have gotten more than that. And then, replacing Winslow with Dallas Clark? Really? He is an older version of Winslow and there was a reason no one had picked him up through FA yet. The guy just isn't any good anymore.

We downgraded at TE and I am not happy about it. Especially since Winslow has been here since Josh started his career and has been Freeman's most consistent weapon.

How do you know that the Bears offered us a 3rd?

Speculation at best.

Glad he's gone.

How do you know that the Bears offered us a 3rd?

Speculation at best.

Glad he's gone.

Could have sworn I saw it at another site. I'll look around for it.

Lawl

A QB getting in the face of a WR for running the wrong route =/= A TE getting in the QBs face for not throwing him the ball or w/e and having another player having to come and get in K2's face in defense of Freeman.

I'm sure the FO and coaches are so stupid that they traded him for no reason. I'm sure missing OTAs and doing a DJing gig instead was just the icing on the cake.

I find it funny that there are some fans (not many) that are so up in arms of this and all we know about the offense is that we will run it a lot.

What about all the other offensive ADDITIONS?

How is it not the same? Getting in someone else's face for screwing up is getting in someone else's face for screwing up. If I recall, this whole incident was because Freeman threw the ball into the dirt when K2 was wide open. Winslow was upset and yelled at him, big deal. Freeman yells at people when they screw up, but people don't care. It happens when competitive people are out there.

Like I said, I have no real issue with letting go of Winslow, but this whole he is a cancer thing is overblown to me. There were absolutely no signs of him being a cancer before one incident where he yelled at Freeman. Infact, I remember all these worthless offseason fluff pieces about how much of a pro he was in the locker room yada yada.

Besides, you want to talk about cancers, the real cancer plays on defense and is still on the roster after multiple fights with teammates, cab drivers, etc. and is awaiting trial. He is the ultimate distraction for the franchise and is STILL on the roster.

Yea and Schiano said everyone gets a clean slate with him. The only guys that got the boot are guys that continue to do the stuff that the new guys in town don't like.

Last I checked, Talib has been at EVERY practice and from Schiano's own mouth...doing EVERYTHING he's ask of him.

When he fucks up again they will be gone too.

You should really keep up with your team there, Milla. :troll:

Yea and Schiano said everyone gets a clean slate with him. The only guys that got the boot are guys that continue to do the stuff that the new guys in town don't like.

Last I checked, Talib has been at EVERY practice and from Schiano's own mouth...doing EVERYTHING he's ask of him.

I'm pretty sure Winslow has been at almost every practice too. The one time he wasn't he let Schiano and the Bucs know ahead of time and it was for personal reasons.

And what about Dezmon Briscoe? This guy has missed multiple practices and it was because of drama with a girlfriend.

I just don't see why it was necessary to get rid of K2.

K2 hasn't been at any practice.

Not sure about Briscoe. Family issues is what caused him to miss practices. Schiano is big on family...probably let it slide because of that...doubt he has many chances...

He doesn't have to fuck up again, he has already fucked up and will probably be thrown in jail and suspended for his stupid gun incident. Talib has been a major distraction and cancer and the worst is still to come IMO. The only reason he is still here is because the Bucs are holding out hope he avoids serious trouble in court, and because Raheem talked Dominik into keeping him last year.

The reason Winslow had to be replaced at some point is because he has bum knees, can't get seperation and is getting older. But the reason he got shown the door is because he worked out on his own in San Diego instead of with the team in Tampa. That sounds like partly the reason why Tanard was shown the door too. Winslow was a moron for assuming Schiano would be cool with that because Raheem was, but it doesn't make him a cancer.

Fact is...there could be a multitude of reasons...we'll probably never know the true ones...there could be several other reasons...

He's gone. Deal with it. Lol

K2 hasn't been at any practice.

Not sure about Briscoe. Family issues is what caused him to miss practices. Schiano is big on family...probably let it slide because of that...doubt he has many chances...

He was at the first vet minicamp, didn't show up to OTAs though. He also didn't work out with the team, he did it on his own.

I thought Briscoe didn't show up because of girl drama? lol I remember there was this big thing on twitter about him fooling around with Dwight Howard's baby mama or something like that.

He was at the first vet minicamp, didn't show up to OTAs though. He also didn't work out with the team, he did it on his own.

I thought Briscoe didn't show up because of girl drama? lol I remember there was this big thing on twitter about him fooling around with Dwight Howard's baby mama or something like that.

Lol who knows, but I'm sure he's already on Schiano's shit list. He was at last Friday's practice, yesterday's and today's. We'll see...

Bears never offered a 3rd rounder for Winslow. Thats a lie.

Bears never offered a 3rd rounder for Winslow. Thats a lie.

I saw someone else post it on another board, but I couldn't find anything else, so yea, I guess it isn't true.

Still think we could have gotten more than a 7th rounder for him and if no one was willing to offer more, we might as well have kept him. Getting a 7th round pick is pretty much getting nothing.

I saw someone else post it on another board, but I couldn't find anything else, so yea, I guess it isn't true.

Still think we could have gotten more than a 7th rounder for him and if no one was willing to offer more, we might as well have kept him. Getting a 7th round pick is pretty much getting nothing.

Don't worry, it'll be upgraded to a 6th. :troll:

I guess Winslow could have shown up but he had a understanding that he wasn't going to participate that much because of his knee problem.

Not to worried about his knee issue though because he had this same injury and didn't miss a game playing for Tampa.

Edited by Sacks98