Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

The more I think about it, the more am I fine with Spidey not beng a part of the Avengers films. I'm fine with him being in his own little movie world. Plus he has never been a HUGE player for the team in the comics, they kind of just threw him in there for popularity reasons. Same with Wolverine, whose probably had a bigger impact on the Avengers than Peter.

I'll admit, I really would like him in it for my own selfish reasons, as spider-man has been my favorite character since I was little. The New Avengers run is some of my favorite reading to date. The reason I said '3' specifically, was because of how that run came to be. Scarlett Witch bugged out and killed everything, and then they had to reform the team with what they had. They could even have Ultron take control of her or something if it crossed legal boundaries. It could end up being a really cool transition.

I think that the Justice League movie will end up trying too hard to beat Avengers and end up having very little substance.

I caved and got Injustice earlier today. Haven't played it yet though.

I caved and got Injustice earlier today. Haven't played it yet though.

Just in time for the Martian Manhunter DLC coming out Tuesday.

I'm in the theater for The Wolverine now. Not expecting much but it should be decent.

I am going Tuesday with friends. Let me know how it is, without spoilers. :D

It was solid, better than Origins for sure. The after credits scene gave me a MASSIVE nerd boner though.

Reports are that Vin Diesel is going to voice Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. Lol at all that hype over him doing something for Marvel and he just ends up with a role saying one line a bunch of times throughout the movie. :rofl:

Reports are that Vin Diesel is going to voice Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. Lol at all that hype over him doing something for Marvel and he just ends up with a role saying one line a bunch of times throughout the movie. :rofl:

To be fair, that's probably a good thing.

To be fair, that's probably a good thing.

It is a good thing. Vin Diesel can go work on his go kart that runs on the hopes and dreams of orphans rather than act.

I so badly want to see David Oyelowo or Idris Elba play John Stewart in a Green Lantern reboot. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/whedon-talks-ultrons-powers-in-avengers-2

When it comes to Marvel villains, Ultron can be a tough nut to crack. Put aside the fact that he's borderline invincible with powers including superhuman strength, speed, stamina, intellect, durability, reflexes, flight, mind control, and high-tech weaponry -- you get the idea -- but on top of that, he's also a robot.

How do you make a robot an interesting character? More to the point, how does writer-director Joss Whedon plan to tackle Ultron in his upcoming sequel to Marvel's The Avengers?

"I knew right away what I wanted to do with him," Whedon explained to EW.com in a recent interview. "He's always trying to destroy the Avengers, godd@%n it, he's got a bee in his bonnet. He's not a happy guy, which means he's an interesting guy. He's got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we'll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone [a new character, Scarlet Witch] who's a witch."

Whedon added that he's making sure "to ground [the character] while still evoking that guy... As a character I love [ultron], because he's so pissed off."

Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1, 2015.

Supposedly Bradley Cooper is up for the voice role of Rocket Raccoon.

Justin Kroll

Film Reporter

@krolljvar

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

“Man of Steel” actors Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane are reprising their roles with Zack Snyder on board to direct.

Affleck now becomes the latest to play the caped crusader which includes Adam West, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

The film is slated to bow on July 17, 2015.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a

seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was announced last month Comic-con to much excitement and the next thing to look out for is if more of the Justice League team will be added to this cast.

The irony to this news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

Affleck is repped by WME and can be seen next in Fox and New Regency’s thriller “Runner Runner.

Source: Variety.com

Oh Lord. Ben is good friends with George Clooney and my guess is he wants to finish what George started -- killing Batman.

I seriously want to know who thought adding nipples to Batman's suit was a good idea.

But anyways, more sources are saying Bradley Cooper is expected to voice Rocket Raccoon. Also, Elizabeth Olsen appears to be closing in on the role of Scarlet Witch for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

How did the masses feel about Kilmer as Batman and Batman Forever in general?

Oh Lord. Ben is good friends with George Clooney and my guess is he wants to finish what George started -- killing Batman.

Actors need a one role limit on how many superheros they can play.

I seriously want to know who thought adding nipples to Batman's suit was a good idea.

You can thank Joel Schumacher for that one

Edited by BigBen07

I'm in wait and see mode for Afleck. I think he's a way underrated actor, a better writer and director but a pretty good actor. Its not like Bale was tour de force, or anything. he just happened to have good writing and directing and overall production. Bale's co-stars far outshined him in every movie. Well many of his co stars.

edit: Affleck's not a great or terrible actor, he's ok and that's fine for this role. Wayne is not that hard to play. Michael Keaton has done it better than anyone else, btw. Bale's lisp pisses me off a little.

Affleck HAS started making some seriously good movies as a writer/director. Argo, Gone Baby Gone and The Town were all excellent. If this works out maybe he does take on a Justice League movie. That might help make it work.<-- idea borrowed from elsewhere but I liked it.

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 1

Keaton has done it better than anyone else, btw.

Supposedly Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) has been cast as Lex Luthor.

If true, it's nice to see Bryan in more of a lead movie role, compared to what he usually plays. Bats vs. Supes vs. Luthor? Seems like an awful lot to cover in one movie.

And Bradley Cooper is the voice of Rocket Racoon.

http://marvel.com/news/story/21107/official_bradley_cooper_to_voice_rocket_raccoon_in_marvels_guardians_of_the_galaxy?LSID=6149513|10859501|l1m5mscd946u

Rocket Raccoon has finally found his voice!

Academy Award-nominated actor Bradley Cooper has officially joined the cast of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy," lending his voice to the fan-favorite raccoon that will join Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista) on their epic adventure.

Cooper has previously starred in "Silver Linings Playbook," for which he was nominated for an Oscar®, "Limitless," "Place Beyond the Pines" and the "Hangover" trilogy, the latter of which has grossed $1.4 billion globally. He will next be seen in "American Hustle" which will reunite him with "Silver Linings Playbook" director David O. Russell. "Guardians of the Galaxy" will mark Cooper's first voiceover work.

In the far reaches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an unlikely cast of characters including Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. Directed by James Gunn, the live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy" will take fans to new corners of the Marvel Universe when it hits theaters August 1, 2014, but in the meantime stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest news as it breaks, including official casting, first looks and more!

In addition to "Guardians of the Galaxy," Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Thor: The Dark World" on November 8; "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015; and "Ant-Man" on November 6, 2015.

Not sure how I feel about this.