butta54

Forte vs Rice

I'd take Rice over Forte, but I would love to have either one on my team. Both of them are the focal points of their offense and not only can they both run well, but they both also have good hands and can make plays out of the backfield.

Snatched this topic from the NFL site... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8299e2e5/article/is-matt-forte-or-ray-rice-the-more-superior-running-back?module=HP11_cp)

Better Running Back between Matt Forte and Ray Rice based on:

Athleticism -Rice

Instincts -draw

Versatility -Forte

Explosiveness -Rice

Production -draw

Discuss

I trust the health of Ray Rice a little more when it comes down to it but take health out of the equation and I'd probably take Forte.

I trust the health of Ray Rice a little more when it comes down to it but take health out of the equation and I'd probably take Forte.

This, basically. Forte also has had a shit offensive line while Rice has had some decent to great ones.

Which ever one quits being a bitch and signs a contract.

In no shape or form is either being a bitch. They're dealing with teams that are trying to drastically underpay them because of RB shelf life. The Bears and Ravens can either bite the bullet or lose elite RBs.

Easy for you to say but as a RB in the NFL you generally don't have a very long shelf life. If you play 3 or 4 years under your rookie deal you might only have 3 or 4 more years where you're actually effective and can make your money. I'd try and get as much as I could too.

In no shape or form is either being a bitch. They're dealing with teams that are trying to drastically underpay them because of RB shelf life. The Bears and Ravens can either bite the bullet or lose elite RBs.

And I hope we tell him to hit the door if he truly wants AP money. And apparently you havent been keeping up with the RIce negotiations because he has bitched several times about this deal. Ray rice was a second round guy who produced, if he thinks he is irreplaceable that is fine, but he will be shown differently. Rice has been offered Arian Foster money and said no. If he thinks he is worth more than Arian Foster then let him take his big headed ass somewhere else.

Easy for you to say but as a RB in the NFL you generally don't have a very long shelf life. If you play 3 or 4 years under your rookie deal you might only have 3 or 4 more years where you're actually effective and can make your money. I'd try and get as much as I could too.

The NFL is starting to do running back by committee so only a few are that valuable, and the Ravens often rotate another back in there so it is not like he is racking up obscene carries like steven Jackson.

This is a hard one..If Forte is healthy,I'll say he's as good as Ray Rice..But right now,I'd give a slight edge to Ray Rice,just because he's healthier..

I would take Ray Rice. Don't get me wrong, I love having Forte on my team, but Rice is more consistent.

That being said, Forte must be resigned. We can't move forward without him.

Really? I'll take Matt Forte. He is much more capable of having absolute monster games. He wants to run wild on every play. Produces more with less touches and less talented offensive lineman.

Man, this is a tough one. Especially considering that I feel like either of these two guys could be the top back in the league if the situation were right in terms of how the teams used them. Got to love Forte, got to love Rice. Now, to my pick.

I'm taking Ray Rice in this one.

These guys are so similar in terms of everything having to do with their talent/abilities, production, and instincts it's not even funny. But the reason I'm taking Rice came down to the size of the two running backs. Matt Forte is listed 6-2", 218. Ray Rice listed 5-8", 212. I like quick running backs that can be elusive, but when it comes down to 3rd downs and 4th downs, I want a guy with a solid base and shorter legs.

Not to mention the year of age. With these two, it came down to that for me. I simply can't, and don't know how anyone else can, chose between the two basing it off the basics. Had to look deeper.

Athleticism Point goes to Rice He is way more Athletic than Forte with out a doubt

Instincts Tough one but I'd end up saying Rice He's got fantastic instincts after he gets the ball

Versatility I'd say about equal Forte has a terrible O-line and he is taking whacks due to that but Rice is against The steelers the bengals and the browns all of which have top 10 defenses

Explosiveness Forte He is one explosive runner but he doesn't win by much here because Look at Rice he's 5 foot 9 and he is explosive in hits like a line backer but Forte is just a bit more explosive

Production Rice all the way His O-line can actually block

Ray Rice wins he is the better back

I think it s a toss up when you look at the impact that both have on their teams. They both are the focal point of hte offense as receivers and rushers.

On the criteria mentioned I say Rice gets all categories but one which is indeed explosiveness but rice has had his fair share of monster games as well.

• Upvote 1

I'd say Forte! They both are extraordinary!

Not necessarily a hard one for me. Don't get me wrong, both are top backs imo but I'd take Forte. Forte has a shitty O-line and still produces. He also has more explosive plays then Rice and he only played 12 games. Rice has a way better O-line and the best blocking FB in the game.