Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Updtate: A.J. Jenkins could be frequently inactive?

According to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, A.J. Jenkins "looked like one of the worst receivers on the field" during mandatory June minicamp.

We previously heard Jenkins was having an nondescript OTA, but there now appears to be at least four receivers ahead of him on the depth chart. The Press Democrat notes that Jenkins was rarely on the field with the second-team offense, and ''made less impressive plays'' than UDFAs Nathan Palmer and Bryan Tyms. Kyle Williams ''looked like the third best receiver'' behind Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss.

Related: Kyle Williams

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Edited by BLUE

What a surprise, a huge reach at the end of the first round looks like a complete bust?

• Upvote 2

What a surprise, a huge reach at the end of the first round looks like a complete bust?

I honestly had him pegged for the 3rd-4th round until the late draft buzz that his stock was picking up and that the Rams really wanted him. Doesn't mean he sucks, he was really productive in college. I also won't put anything into OTA talk, let him show something in a game first.

• Upvote 1

He is small and needs time to adjust. Just because he can't make better catches than Moss, Crab and Manningham doesn't means he is a bust. You dumb asses use that term way too much to get anything even resembling respect from those of us that actually use our brain.

• Downvote 8

Before getting defensive you might want to read more articles on him. He isn't just not as good as those 3 guys, he's been reported as looking like the worst WR in camp, including other rookies, probably because unlike them he showed up out of shape. According to Matt Barrows he's been struggling to even stay on his feet during non-contact. That doesn't mean he's a bust, but it's also not common for a rookie to get a bunch of bad reports and actually still manage to have a good season. This should be expected though, they reached on a guy many thought wasn't even a top-5 talent at his position before the draft just because he had a good combine. I never thought the guy was anything more than a slot receiver, and that's probably where he'll end up on the field.

You know, at one time it was a "norm" to be near the bottom of the depth chart entering camp as a rookie. Now days when that happens, the screams are "bust". It might take him a little while to catch on but I think he'll turn out fine. Let's not forget that this is just camp and unless he is cut, nothing is set. Besides, if Moss is looking as good as they say he is then it will only do him even better (AJ Jenkins) that he sits behind him and learns.

Someone said I'm not exactly endearing myself to the new community. Here's one for you, Mr. stupid. Community is a STATUS, not a place. I am not a Communist, therefore I don't have any desire whatsoever to be a member of any Commune or try to have community with you and your fellow Communists. I also think it impossible for me to care any less about your negative votes. I came here to see what the site was all about. After reading some posts and making a few posts it turns out to be the same as 99% of all the other sites on the net: Full of stupid fascist debt slaves that play the "belief" game instead of KNOWING.

Pathetic. The world is doomed to repeat history because 95% of you ignorant slaves are spending way too much time on mindless entertainment instead of reading something that could change the world for the better. "To hell with trying to stop President Osama from destroying America, lets watch hockey"! I know, reading hurts you, because you cannot fully comprehend what you read anyway. Don't worry. You'll be surrounded by friends in the food lines soon enough, debt slave.

Edited by Vrick
  • Downvote 6

*sigh*

What have you done then?

Thanks for spewing your vagina blood all over this site. If you get this worked out about messgae boards and the internet for that matter.... Well I only can tell that life is going to be rough for you. As to thread, AJ has looked worse than ALL wide outs in traning camp so that includes crabtree and kyle williams and all the other late rd / udfa wr the 49ers have signed..

Someone said I'm not exactly endearing myself to the new community. Here's one for you, Mr. stupid. Community is a STATUS, not a place. I am not a Communist, therefore I don't have any desire whatsoever to be a member of any Commune or try to have community with you and your fellow Communists. I also think it impossible for me to care any less about your negative votes. I came here to see what the site was all about. After reading some posts and making a few posts it turns out to be the same as 99% of all the other sites on the net: Full of stupid fascist debt slaves that play the "belief" game instead of KNOWING.

Pathetic. The world is doomed to repeat history because 95% of you ignorant slaves are spending way too much time on mindless entertainment instead of reading something that could change the world for the better. "To hell with trying to stop President Osama from destroying America, lets watch hockey"! I know, reading hurts you, because you cannot fully comprehend what you read anyway. Don't worry. You'll be surrounded by friends in the food lines soon enough, debt slave.

Why dis fool be hur den?

Someone said I'm not exactly endearing myself to the new community. Here's one for you, Mr. stupid. Community is a STATUS, not a place. I am not a Communist, therefore I don't have any desire whatsoever to be a member of any Commune or try to have community with you and your fellow Communists.

We're all Communists?

Lol.

And wow, no other site let you spew your conspiracy crap without calling you out on it either? Big shocker there.

Per Rotoworld.com:

CSN Bay Area believes first-round WR A.J. Jenkins could be frequently inactive on game days.

Trusted beat writer Matt Maiocco finds it "difficult to believe" that Jenkins could carve out a role opposite Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, and believes his value as a first-round pick will be "measured over the course of his four-year deal." We agree, and have Jenkins as the No. 92 wideout in our initial rankings. He won't make an impact in redraft leagues. Jul 13 - 12:13 PM

Source: CSN Bay Area