Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

Tell me you forgot the Bulls. Or else you will face wrath from Captain Africa. :troll:

Derrick Rose relies on his athleticism a lot and the Bulls rely on his offense a lot. I know they played well without him, but if he's not himself I see them just outside of the top ten. If he comes back and is ready they're in the top ten.

Lakers are not better than the Heat. Everyone on that team except Dwight is on the verge of retirement, I'm not going to crown them yet. Not to mention Dwight will miss the first month of the season and there is no guarantee he comes back the same. Plus, I have concerns about Steve Nash being able to be as effective in a slower paced offense and Kobe won't have the ball as much as he is used to. They are top 3 without a doubt, but until further notice I'd put Miami and maybe even OKC ahead of them. People forget how many fits Kendrick Perkins has given Dwight over the years.

I know you are a Philly fan, but the Sixers are too high. The Clippers are better, Spurs are better for sure. I don't think Bynum with Thad Young, Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner is a top 5 team in the league. Top 5 in the East for sure, but the league? Nah. I think the Nets are a few spots too high as well.

^ Your right on Dwight missing time but they wont rush him back. As for our team we are better then the Thunder. Heat still the top team after getting Ray Allen. Nash and Dwight/Gasol pick and rolls will be effective. Gasol has a mid range shot. Kobe will be ok sharing the ball now hes got players to actually play. Itll make our D better too. Health is the only thing im worried about. But signing Jamison and Meeks helped big time too. Big signings.

Obviously the Lakers are damn good, but I'm not ready to crown them (champions of the league or the West) just yet. Old age, injuries and some adjustments need to be made, it is no lock. Also if Nash gets hurt, good luck with Steve Blake and Chris Duhon lol.

Obviously the Lakers are damn good, but I'm not ready to crown them (champions of the league or the West) just yet. Old age, injuries and some adjustments need to be made, it is no lock. Also if Nash gets hurt, good luck with Steve Blake and Chris Duhon lol.

Im not crowning ourselves either. Im not becoming a Heat fan like last year. Til we go out here and WIN it im not promising anything. I do expect title contention though.

Im not crowning ourselves either. Im not becoming a Heat fan like last year. Til we go out here and WIN it im not promising anything. I do expect title contention though.

Of course they will contend for the title. Miami, LA and OKC are the obvious three best teams in the league.

I think you guys are forgetting about the Spurs. Yeah they lost 4 straight to OKC but they also won like a billion games in a row and made it to the conference finals. I don't think they're just gonna go away.

I think you guys are forgetting about the Spurs. Yeah they lost 4 straight to OKC but they also won like a billion games in a row and made it to the conference finals. I don't think they're just gonna go away.

Indeed. I pointed that out in my criticism of sean's list. Having them below the 76ers, Nets and Pacers is silly. I have them #4.

My top 10 for now:

1.Heat

2.Thunder

3.Lakers

4.Spurs

5.Celtics

6.Bulls (When Rose is healthy)

7.Clippers

8.Pacers

9.Grizzlies

10.Nuggets

Just barely missed the cut: Nets, Knicks, 76ers, Mavericks, Hawks, Timberwolves

Underdog team to watch out for: Raptors

Edited by Milla4Prez63

The Spurs are a good team with a great coach, but how effective will Duncan be next year? Can Ginobili stay healthy? I know we've been waiting for the Spurs to drop off for years, but idk, their super stars are getting kind of old.

The reason I have the Sixers so high is because they're not a team of superstars, but they can do it all. They can now shoot from outside. They drive to the basket with capable swingmen and they have a lot of bodies and a lot of size down low. They didn't add a bunch of big name players but they improved every weakness they had last year.

Andrew Bynum is a big name player..

Anyway,I don't have Philly in my top 10 right now but they are a young and talented team and they could get in the top 10 by the end of the season..Evan Turner played very well for some time last season and Jrue Holiday is capable of becoming a great guard..Bynum will certainly improve the game under the hoop,both offensively and defensively..

Andrew Bynum is a big name player..

Anyway,I don't have Philly in my top 10 right now but they are a young and talented team and they could get in the top 10 by the end of the season..Evan Turner played very well for some time last season and Jrue Holiday is capable of becoming a great guard..Bynum will certainly improve the game under the hoop,both offensively and defensively..

Bynum is ONE big name player. Not a bunch. These days you get teams like LA, Miami, the Knicks, everyone racing to put the best group of 2-3 superstars together. The Sixers have one big name player in Bynum and a bunch of guys who's strengths and weaknesses offensively really compliment each other imo.

Bynum is ONE big name player. Not a bunch. These days you get teams like LA, Miami, the Knicks, everyone racing to put the best group of 2-3 superstars together. The Sixers have one big name player in Bynum and a bunch of guys who's strengths and weaknesses offensively really compliment each other imo.

Agreed. Philly is already better than NYK and it will not change this coming season.

If Evan Turner can become the player I think he can, the 76ers can be a top 10 team. But for now, no. They are just a playoff team for now unless Bynum can become an extreme force now that he is out of Kobe's shadow.

Philadelphia 76ers center Andrew Bynum will undergo an experimental procedure on his knee in Germany, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Bynum plans to have the non-surgical treatment, known as Orthokine/Regenokine, in early September, the Inquirer reported.

The procedure is a derivation of platelet-rich plasma therapy and is the same treatment that Kobe Bryant, Grant Hill and Alex Rodriguez all recently underwent, according to the report.

Acquired in Friday's blockbuster trade that sent Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers, Bynum has been plagued by knee injuries throughout his career but remained healthy last season. Bynum currently is not suffering from any knee injuries, but was impressed with the results Bryant experienced after having the procedure last season, according to the Inquirer.

Bynum, 24, played in 60 out of a possible 66 games during last season's lockout-shortened campaign. The 7-footer averaged 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds in 35.2 minutes per game, all career highs.

A seven-year veteran, Bynum is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent following the 2012-13 season.

kinda spooked me when I saw that headline on ESPN but he's not going under the knife.

That blue wasteband is BAAADDD. Wow.

The Knicks shouldn't mess with their iconic unis, and if they do, they gotta do it well like Boston did. Boston's updated away greens are sick.

Brian Scalabrine decided to retire..He will be working as an analyst..

Justin Timberlake has reportedly agreed to purchase a share of the Memphis Grizzlies.

Timberlake is an outspoken Lakers fan, but the Grizzlies will take whatever celebrity investments they can get. Majority owner Robert Pera has also secured investments from 15 high-profile local business owners in the Memphis area, "part of a deal that essentially guarantees that the team will remain in the city for at least 15 more years." With a playoff-ready team already assembled, the future looks bright for Grizzlies fans.

Source: Memphis Commercial Appeal

I think there is two weeks until most teams start camp. But NBA camp is lame compared to NFL. You're talking like an hour or two of practice a day with players giving pre-written BS statements to the media about how excited they are for the season. No real opportunities to see how your team looks until preseason, which most games aren't televised.

It will be very interesting to see how Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger adapt to this lineup..I'm really excited about Sullinger..

Wondering how long it'll be until Rose can start.. Anybody heard anything? I sure haven't... other than rehab is going "well".

It will be very interesting to see how Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger adapt to this lineup..I'm really excited about Sullinger..

Man, I'm excited to see the Celtics with this youth injection. I fully expect them to compete with Miami even more than they did last year.

Can't wait for the season. Can't remember when we've (Dubs) had this much hype going into the season. Playoffs? Oh yes.