Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

I think a lot of his inefficiency is because he's on a crappy team. I think since he doesn't have talent around him, he takes more shots rather than pass the ball.

Meh, John Wall is a ''me first'' player, regardless.

Meh, John Wall is a ''me first'' player, regardless.

No way. If anything hes far from that. When u have shit for teammates, that wont get it done, what else are u going to do? I hate fans saying a player who takes more shots then everyone else is selfish. Ok so he should pass it to them and have them miss most of there shots ? They would lose by 30 each game. Least Wall brings skill and drive to the team. Not his fault he doesnt have anyone worth being on the team.

This whole "Dwight Howard Saga" I must admit is worst than Lebron's "Decision".

Dwight has single handedly held the Magic hostage and unable to move him. Nobody wants that kind of drama... I feel bad for Magic fans and who ever is going to have Dwight for just one season or half a season...

By Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel sports columnist

Dwight Howard is physically able to attend Dodgers games in Los Angeles, but he can't attend his own youth basketball camp in Orlando?

Really, Dwight?

Seriously?

According to an official at his annual basketball day camp for children, Dwight Howard will not attend this year, and families who paid the camp's $199 registration fee were sent e-mail messages Monday to inform them Howard will remain in Southern California in order to continue rehabilitating his back.

Originally, Howard was scheduled to be back in Orlando a few days after having out-patient back surgery, but he hasn't been seen by the Magic in Orlando in more than three months. He has, however, attended at least two Los Angeles Dodgers games and a portion of the adidas Nations basketball tournament in L.A.

Howard's annual camp originally was scheduled for July 1-2 at UCF, and Howard was supposed to attend both days. But it was postponed and rescheduled for Aug. 13-14 at Orlando Volleyball Academy.

Although the camp still will be held next week. Andrew Nicholson, the Magic's first-round draft pick, will fill in for Howard.

I've said it once and I'll say again: It’s hard to believe Dwight is physically unable to attend a youth basketball camp, walk around the gym, offer some words of encouragement, take pictures and sign some autographs for the kids.

Not only has Howard let down his teammates and the City of Orlando, now he has let down many kids, too.

The Dwightmare continues.

It seems Dwight Howard is not only doing his best to get traded from Orlando, he's doing his best to be hated in Orlando, too.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

Wow thats scummy. I hope people are allowed to get refunds.

I doubt it, they are probably going to be forced to settle with the Magic's first round pick Andrew Nicholson. Which sucks for the fans because they were looking forward to Howard.

Things like this its easy to go what a douche etc etc. Who knows maybe he is a douche or maybe something else was/is going on that we dont know. I dont listen to these type of media shit forreal. Media either makes u love a player or hate em, theres no middle ground. Dwight hasnt handled it well at all i agree on that. But that doesnt make HIM a BAD PERSON. It just shows that he REALLY wants out of Orlando. Prior to this, he hasnt shown anything bad about himself. So it looks like once hes out of Orlando and on a new team, he'll be the same Dwight before this ever happened.

• Downvote 1

Wow thats scummy. I hope people are allowed to get refunds.

They are, and I expect most people to ask for them.

56, I understand exactly what you're saying and I agree with you. That maybe when he's out he will be "fun" Dwight Howard, but there's a saying that says "When shit hits the fan, you see the real person come out" or something of that nature. Maybe the "fun" Dwight is just an image so Dwight can be liked, but when things don't go his way he acts like a child until he gets what he wants.

That's just my own speculation, I could be wrong.

56, I understand exactly what you're saying and I agree with you. That maybe when he's out he will be "fun" Dwight Howard, but there's a saying that says "When shit hits the fan, you see the real person come out" or something of that nature. Maybe the "fun" Dwight is just an image so Dwight can be liked, but when things don't go his way he acts like a child until he gets what he wants.

That's just my own speculation, I could be wrong.

The fun Dwight is somewhat of a forced image. He does kind of have a fun personality, but he over does it for the camera. Deep down he is pretty selfish and he is showing a lot of it now. Hell, after a game last year where the Magic won late with some big play from Jason Richardson (like the only time that happened all year) Dwight whined and pouted about not getting the ball in the 4th quarter.

You can't blame the media for Dwight's image right now because all of it is his own doing. He is making a bigger ass of himself with every thing he does. Skipping out on a camp for kids because you are butthurt and want a trade is selfish and just a low thing to do.

Yeah, he's an ass. "The Decision" now doesn't seem so bad anymore now does it? lol

The fun Dwight is somewhat of a forced image. He does kind of have a fun personality, but he over does it for the camera. Deep down he is pretty selfish and he is showing a lot of it now. Hell, after a game last year where the Magic won late with some big play from Jason Richardson (like the only time that happened all year) Dwight whined and pouted about not getting the ball in the 4th quarter.

You can't blame the media for Dwight's image right now because all of it is his own doing. He is making a bigger ass of himself with every thing he does. Skipping out on a camp for kids because you are butthurt and want a trade is selfish and just a low thing to do.

What do u have to PROVE that? Fuck reports u never get the full story, everybody knows that. Your putting too much into reports. Just like everybody else nowadays. If reports say it it must be true right? *sarcasm.

BTW stars will always complain about not getting the ball. Chad Johnson did in Cinncy, T.O, Moss, Jerry Rice ETC. Why does that make someone selfish or a jerk? If your a STAR u EXPECT the most touches on your team right? Point blank. Some stars get away with it, others dont i dont know why. Opinions differ i guess. Now i did say he could well of been ass hurt and didnt show up. If thats the case then yeah shame on him, but it takes more then media to make me believe it. And after recent years of how bullshit the media really is, i cant take it credible for ANYTHING. Why u think im done on the Dwight being traded shit lol. Reports say hes going here, oh no here, oh he said this now. Fuck it all.

• Downvote 2

What do u have to PROVE that? Fuck reports u never get the full story, everybody knows that. Your putting too much into reports. Just like everybody else nowadays. If reports say it it must be true right? *sarcasm.

Report??? It is a straight up fact that Dwight postponed his camp for over a month and then backed out of it. I know someone whose kid was going to go but just recently asked for a refund. The excuse from Dwight and his camp is that his back is in too much pain to go, but it is healthy enough for him to walk around Dodgers games (confirmed by several LA beat writers and fans) and an Adidas basketball tourney in LA (again confirmed by people who were there). There is no "report" here, this straight up has happened. Dwight doesn't want to come down here unless he absolutely has to, he is scared of the people he has angered in Orlando.

BTW stars will always complain about not getting the ball. Chad Johnson did in Cinncy, T.O, Moss, Jerry Rice ETC. Why does that make someone selfish or a jerk? If your a STAR u EXPECT the most touches on your team right? Point blank. Some stars get away with it, others dont i dont know why. Opinions differ i guess. Now i did say he could well of been ass hurt and didnt show up. If thats the case then yeah shame on him, but it takes more then media to make me believe it. And after recent years of how bullshit the media really is, i cant take it credible for ANYTHING. Why u think im done on the Dwight being traded shit lol. Reports say hes going here, oh no here, oh he said this now. Fuck it all.

Yeah and "stars" like Ochostinko, TO and Moss are jackasses with a whopping zero championships combined between them. Rice was a rare exception. Just because they act that way, doesn't mean other people should.

Why does it make someone selfish or a jerk? I don't know, maybe because your TEAM won a game but you are upset that they won it by SOMEONE ELSE'S HEROICS! How is that NOT selfish? Instead of celebrating a hard fought win, he pouted that someone else stole the show. That defines selfish to a T. It is one thing to want the ball if what you were doing isn't working, but in a situation like that, you're being selfish.

It doesn't matter what he's doing. He doesn't have to do a slam dunk at the camp. Like the writer said, he just has to talk to some kids, pose for pictures and sign some autographs. He capitalized on his name by making a $200 a person basketball camp, he should hold up his end of the bargain.

That being said, at least the camp is offering refunds to people, though I suspect there could be a lawsuit if they didn't.

Report??? It is a straight up fact that Dwight postponed his camp for over a month and then backed out of it. I know someone whose kid was going to go but just recently asked for a refund. The excuse from Dwight and his camp is that his back is in too much pain to go, but it is healthy enough for him to walk around Dodgers games (confirmed by several LA beat writers and fans) and an Adidas basketball tourney in LA (again confirmed by people who were there). There is no "report" here, this straight up has happened. Dwight doesn't want to come down here unless he absolutely has to, he is scared of the people he has angered in Orlando.

Yeah and "stars" like Ochostinko, TO and Moss are jackasses with a whopping zero championships combined between them. Rice was a rare exception. Just because they act that way, doesn't mean other people should.

Why does it make someone selfish or a jerk? I don't know, maybe because your TEAM won a game but you are upset that they won it by SOMEONE ELSE'S HEROICS! How is that NOT selfish? Instead of celebrating a hard fought win, he pouted that someone else stole the show. That defines selfish to a T. It is one thing to want the ball if what you were doing isn't working, but in a situation like that, you're being selfish.

Just because u know someone going to the camp doesnt mean u know it was by Dwight. The Report said it was Dwight which is what i was getting at.(By Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel sports columnist <--thats a report. ) Right bcuz Chad Johnson has always caused trouble. You define someone by being a jackass for being selfish, which in most cases in sports everyones like that. Many arent vocal about it but that doesnt mean hes a jackass. How are they when they dont cause any trouble off the field or on? Dont have a heavy or if at all police record? You letting common feelings of being competitive the reason to be a jackass which is stupid lol.

When your the star, u feel that u are the person who gets the ball in a GW situation is that not accurate? Kobe is known for taking the final shot even if someone else is open, HE WANTS IT. And if the guy is a star, his chances of making the shot are better then anyone else on the team. Im like that on the court. Ask anybody at my gym that knows me, theyll tell u im like that. But none of them think ima jackass or even come close to it. They know how it goes, they ball players too.

Not to mention your a Magic fan. I'd expect nothing but negatives for Dwight from u. Just like LBJ fans from Clev the year he left for Miami. Dont let that cloud your judgement on a player. Specially when hes been good most of the time. Kinda like that saying, u do 100 good deeds, but do wrong once and theyll remember that above everything else. Thats selfish of a fan if u ask me. Almost every player is similiar. does that mean all of them are jackasses as well? Dont say yes. LOL

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

It doesn't matter what he's doing. He doesn't have to do a slam dunk at the camp. Like the writer said, he just has to talk to some kids, pose for pictures and sign some autographs. He capitalized on his name by making a $200 a person basketball camp, he should hold up his end of the bargain.

That being said, at least the camp is offering refunds to people, though I suspect there could be a lawsuit if they didn't.

I get what your saying. I would agree in that sense but if they are refunding it then thats that. Personally, I dont think all of which is going on is Dwight being a bad person. I think hes handling worse then he should be but its not like the guy has done anything bad MAJOR before.

The Blazers hired Terry Stotts as their new head coach on Tuesday, replacing interim coach Kaleb Canales.

Canales will remain with the Blazers in some capacity and has to be bummed after coaching the team last season, getting down to the final two candidates and then getting beat out by a guy with a 115-168 record as a head coach. Many folks think Phil Jackson will eventually take a job in Portland, but there's no guarantee it happens. To be fair, Stotts is said to be a great guy, knows how to set up and run an NBA offense, and wasn't really in winning situations in Atlanta or Milwaukee. It should be interesting to see how he handles rookie Damian Lillard as his starting point guard.

Source: CSNNW.com

LaMarcus Aldridge has been talking to Dirk Nowtizki about new Blazers head coach (and former Mavs assistant coach) Terry Stotts and Nowitzki gave Stotts much of the credit for the teams' offensive innovation during the Mavs' championship season in 2011.

Aldridge went on to say, "Dirk said he’s an offensive genius. He played a very big part of the offense changing the year they won the championship...I’m looking forward to having (Stotts) bring that type of scheme to our team." The Stotts hire raised some eyebrows around the league, but it sounds like the Blazers offense is one to keep an eye on this preseason, as studs like LMA and sleepers like Damian Lillard and Nicolas Batum could be even better than projected.

Source: Joe Freeman on Twitter

Just because u know someone going to the camp doesnt mean u know it was by Dwight. The Report said it was Dwight which is what i was getting at.(By Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel sports columnist <--thats a report. )

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here.

Right bcuz Chad Johnson has always caused trouble. You define someone by being a jackass for being selfish, which in most cases in sports everyones like that. Many arent vocal about it but that doesnt mean hes a jackass. How are they when they dont cause any trouble off the field or on? Dont have a heavy or if at all police record? You letting common feelings of being competitive the reason to be a jackass which is stupid lol.

I never said he caused trouble. Just that he is a jackass. Every human is selfish to a point, that is fine, but some people go too far and become a sideshow.

When your the star, u feel that u are the person who gets the ball in a GW situation is that not accurate? Kobe is known for taking the final shot even if someone else is open, HE WANTS IT. And if the guy is a star, his chances of making the shot are better then anyone else on the team. Im like that on the court. Ask anybody at my gym that knows me, theyll tell u im like that. But none of them think ima jackass or even come close to it. They know how it goes, they ball players too.

If Dwight wants the ball at the end of games, he should work on his FTs. Until then, he won't get the touches. He shouldn't cry about not getting enough touches when his team wins anyways. It isn't about him, it is about what he can do for the team. Whining about not getting enough touches during a win indicates he cares more about himsef than the team, which is selfish.

Not to mention your a Magic fan. I'd expect nothing but negatives for Dwight from u. Just like LBJ fans from Clev the year he left for Miami. Dont let that cloud your judgement on a player. Specially when hes been good most of the time. Kinda like that saying, u do 100 good deeds, but do wrong once and theyll remember that above everything else. Thats selfish of a fan if u ask me. Almost every player is similiar. does that mean all of them are jackasses as well? Dont say yes. LOL

I've defended Dwight a lot and even have no problem with him wanting out. I have problems with him acting like a selfish diva though. Besides, you're a Lakers fan with hopes of landing Dwight, so of course you'll defend him.

The media isn't making Dwight act like an ass, he has done it on his own. If you hold a press conference about how loyal you are and then demand a trade two months later, people aren't going to take you seriously. That isn't the media, that is Dwight's own stupid actions.

Besides, you're a Lakers fan with hopes of landing Dwight, so of course you'll defend him.

I guess u didnt see the KD vs Dwight thread lol. As a person im defending him here, but thats because i think everyone is being a little ridic about it is all.Any big name star will be happy for the win but would have wanted the ball in the final moments. If a person is a star they expect the ball, its simple. Thats just how it goes. He feels if u move away from him when hes your best player, then its like WTF. After he gets traded or moves on from Orlando I dont expect to hear anything bad about Dwight. Hes done more good then bad so that doesnt make him a bad person or a jackass forreal. Cant do 80 good things and like 5 bad things and be a jackass..

I guess u didnt see the KD vs Dwight thread lol. As a person im defending him here, but thats because i think everyone is being a little ridic about it is all.Any big name star will be happy for the win but would have wanted the ball in the final moments. If a person is a star they expect the ball, its simple. Thats just how it goes. He feels if u move away from him when hes your best player, then its like WTF. After he gets traded or moves on from Orlando I dont expect to hear anything bad about Dwight. Hes done more good then bad so that doesnt make him a bad person or a jackass forreal. Cant do 80 good things and like 5 bad things and be a jackass..

Nobody is saying Dwight is a terrible person, he isn't killing people or molesting children. But he is indeed a selfish diva. You're the only person who seems to think it is cool for players to whine when his team wins because his own personal agenda isn't fulfilled. That defines not being a team player and caring more about yourself than your teammates. The goal for every player should be to do all you can for your team to win, not to get the best stats and glory for yourself possible. Hell, you don't see LeBron pouting when the Heat win a game by the excellent performance of his teammates.

:panic:

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Lakers and Magic "are engaged in 4-way talks with Denver and Philadelphia" on a trade for Dwight Howard, league sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Obviously, too much time had gone by without an update on the Howard front. According to Wojnarowski, the Lakers would receive Al Harrington from Denver along with Howard, Andrew Bynum would go to the Sixers, Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo would be sent to Orlando along with draft picks, while Denver would receive Andre Iguodala. As we've seen before with Howard, just because the teams are talking does not mean anything is imminent. Aug 9 - 12:49 PM

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Dwight on his way to LA.

Kobe - Nash - Howard

Best Big 3 in the NBA?!?