Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Who Owns a Grill?

Living in an apartment, I'll want a gas grill for the balcony because I'll be forced to keep my smoker in the garage. I used to have $150 Char-Broil gas grill, and the thing just fucking fell apart on me. Now, I may purchase another Char-Broil because of cost, but I want to know if anybody knows any better grill brands that are still thoughtful in price for a college student.

Any suggestions? I'm checking out other brands, and even keeping an eye on Weber prices for certain models, but I really don't want to part with anything more than $250 on a grill. Weber would more than likely take me to at least $500 and I'm not paying that for a grill right now.

I have a Weber Genesis and love it. It was worth it for a nice grill that has a lifetime warranty.

Here is a list of the top 10 gas grills under $250: http://bbq.about.com/od/gasgrills/tp/aatp062109a.htm

HTH

Thanks, man. My buddy's landlord allowed us to use her Weber at a cookout a few weeks back, and it was quite simply the best grill I'd ever used. I hope to eventually be able to purchase one, but the cheapest they get is $350.

I've considered a Kenmore grill from that list, and am absolutely going to check it out.

Right now, I'm enamored with this grill.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_296447-49769-3001_0__?productId=3031229&Ntt=char+griller&pl=1&currentURL=&facetInfo=

Great reviews and only costs $170.

Gas grill?

Gtfo of here, Bware.

It's charcoal or nothing.

Yes, I have a smoker that I can use as strictly a charcoal grill, but I cannot have it at my apartment. Not out in the open, anyway.

Sorry, but I seriously thought this said who owns a girl at first.

I really need my eyes checked lol.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I have a smoker that I can use as strictly a charcoal grill, but I cannot have it at my apartment. Not out in the open, anyway.

Are you saying you can't own a charcoal grill at your apartment? I'm kinda confused on that..

You can always buy one of the small charcoal grills/table top grills. I'm not 100% sure on the issue you're having in regards to the whole "out in the open" thing...

• Upvote 1

Are you saying you can't own a charcoal grill at your apartment? I'm kinda confused on that..

You can always buy one of the small charcoal grills/table top grills. I'm not 100% sure on the issue you're having in regards to the whole "out in the open" thing...

Landlords in ND are kinda picky about the things you have on their balcony. People are stupid.

Landlords in ND are kinda picky about the things you have on their balcony. People are stupid.

Every place I have lived that has a balcony has had a no charcoal grill policy.

AirMcNair, Hank Hill read your comment with utter disgust...

I'd love to hear a credible argument for propane over charcoal, because even then I'd think it was ridiculous.

Hydrocarbon Bonds son, all you need to know about Propane. Charcoal is just shitty wood.

Every place I have lived that has a balcony has had a no charcoal grill policy.

AirMcNair, Hank Hill read your comment with utter disgust...

Same here.

I have a tiny ass apartment with no patio... so no grill for me here :(, I just have a George Foreman grill for my kitchen. But fuck it, I make a mean burger on that piece.

Charcoal grills have wheels bro. Wheel it into your kitchen or some shit when you're done.

Yeah, personally I've never owned anything but charcoal grills. Propane is cheaper to use and much more convenient, but there's still really no comparison. I'll probably get a charcoal grill in the future, just to have for quick-in-a-hurry meals, but I'm all about charcoal/wood grilling and smoking.

Still, I looked at the specs on that grill you're looking at, and it seems to be pretty legit. My only concern with it would be its durability and sturdiness.

As NaTaS said, I'd wait until I had the extra 100 and get a Weber. They're some of the best grills on the market. As to which specific model to get, it really depends on what you want to do with it—what kind of cooking/how much cooking you'll be doing with it. There are a ton of grills out there, so don't jump at the first one you see in your price range.

Man, I work at The Home Depot and deal with grills. It's pretty simple..

The $99 Maxfire 2-burner is where it's at. It has the same amount of BTUs as the $120 Brinkmann 2-burner, only 12sf less grilling area less than the $400 Weber 2-burner (that you won't miss), and and 4 more years on warranty than the $130 Char-broil.

And if you're thinking a 3-burner, that same Maxfire has MORE grilling area than a $150 Char-broil 3-burner and TWICE as many BTUs as the $160 Brinkmann 3-burner.

Those Maxfire's feel like aluminum cans.