Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Jerry Sandusky found guilty on 45 of 48 counts

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky's lawyers said Saturday they tried to quit at the start of jury selection in his child sex abuse trial because they weren't given enough time to prepare, raising an argument on the trial's speed that could become the thrust of an appeal.

A day after Sandusky's conviction, his lawyers disclosed they felt too unprepared to adequately defend him because of how quickly the case was brought to trial. Experts have said the seven months between Sandusky's November arrest and trial was fast-paced by Pennsylvania standards.

"We told the trial court, the Superior Court and the Supreme Court we were not prepared to proceed to trial in June due to numerous issues, and we asked to withdraw from the case for those reasons," attorney Joe Amendola told The Associated Press.

The issues included a scheduling conflict with a defense team member and the need to read a cache of documents produced by a lengthy grand jury investigation. Judge John Cleland denied their request.

The attorneys raised other issues that could be part of the future appeal, saying a mistrial was sought and denied over a repetition at trial of a brief part of a November interview Sandusky had with NBC's Bob Costas.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8088760/penn-state-nittany-lions-jerry-sandusky-lawyers-wanted-resign-judge-said-no

But the prosecution had the time to find what, 50 witnesses?

Heard this news while I was walking out of Citizens Bank Park with a crowd. Was pretty vindicating, even for those who had no direct emotional connection with the case.

Nothing will ever undo what has been done to the victims of these crimes, but it is an important and powerful step in the right direction. Let the healing begin, and let all others at Penn State who had knowledge of the situation face consequences of their own.

uhhh..perhaps i am insensive, but he is a fag to me...if you screw guys who have a dick bewteen their legs, reguardless of age--then you are gay/fag/homo--whatever....as a male human--either you screw males or females...reguardless of age...this, is sexuality..

so forgive me for being a brute fag hater, but I will stick with calling him a gay child rapist, or much worse, but the gay word is staying...

I call it whatever I want to, and i will treat anyone with respect, until they push gayness into my face, or ask me what i think, or like this--tell me how i shoudl see it their way..

if you are one, then you are...but jerry sandusky is a gay child rapist...he prefers boys dude...guys with dicks...but unlike other gays--he prefers young boys...

so--how is he not gay?...I guess gay is suppossed to be a noble thing then to you?..not to me...nature doesn't allow a gay society to produce offspring, for a reason...

nature itself--by way of reproduction in history--would kill an island of gay people--because that is what the natural world is suppossed to do...it only rewards--natural behavior..and only natural behavior is rewarded by--offspring...so--nature will kill fags, unless something is done to offset it.it only takes--time....this is called, survival of the fittest, and by way of that simple example--shows how nature itsself views gayness as a weakness in the survival of the human species...and it is a rule, that has existed since time began...

or am I wrong on that?...guess I am just a brute? or worse?..at least i am honest with you--and give you a real reason, based on the natural world, not the made up one we all live in today, where this is a "good" thing.

He is not a "gay rapist" He is attracted to little boys he is a pedo... If he was molesting little girls he would not be a straight rapist he would still be a sick fucking pedo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia If you are an Adult and you are attracted to young boys and or girls it does not make you gay it makes you a pedo. Please do not talk about subjects if you have no idea about it to begin with, and please do not let your blatant homophobia get involved in this thread. Does being gay make you any less noble than a straight man ?

I disagree with your opinion dude, that simple...and for the record, I do know some gay people, worked with them.I always respect them, and treat them as people.and as long as they don't do what you just did, which was twist my words, and tell me I a wrong in how i say something, or how I should feel, or think or call something--then I have no problems with them...

and no, comparing dogs and humans are not the same, you are twisting this into something else, why?

because i am right, and you are wrong..you wish to defend gay people, by using me as an example...I have no problem with you feeling any way you wish--I do however, have a serious problem with you choosing me, as your example...

you proved nothing in all your words, to counter anythign i said--I called jerry sandusky a gay rapist..and he is..

you twisted that into something much bigger, in your quest to defend all gay things in this world..is that not 100% the truth?..

my original post is up there, unmodified...and it onl;y dealt with one man--jerry sandusky..and i feel I have the freedom granted to me by free speech, to express my opinion on jerry sandusky..

NOW--how you twist that and force me to defend points that I NEVER RAISED???

but--I do agree with everything I said..and is it ignorance, to say that an island of gay people male and female--if they trutly are gay--will all die?..

and then, placemeaning of the natural order of nature, to that example?...is that not factually correct?

I do not think, that anyone is here to defend sandusky...but you felt the need, to cal me out, say i am wrong, and make my original words into an agenda statement for anyone sensitive to faggotdom...

well, that is your problem bud, not mine..and if you feel that I have to be a caveman to amke yourself feel better, so be it...got no problem with that...it isn't gayness I hate, it is the fact--that people like yourselves, feel that everyone else is wrong, and you wish to debate and pick arguements out of anything that you can, to make a point...

isn't that trolling?....I stand by my words, online, and in person...and i am proud, and think--whether by laws of god/religion, or by nature---no one in here, can debate the fact--that nature itself doesn't reward homosexual nature, in fact--nature has chosen death by time/nonreproduction for any species that practices this 100%....

now, if that offens you--is it my words, that bother you--or the fact, that it is 100% truth, that you cannot counter without attacking me as a person for saying it?

think about that,since i am just tennessee as you call me, backwards, hater--and stupid by implication by those words, you shoudl be able to counter my "truth" with some pearls of wisdom easily shouldn't you??

I mean after all in your mind, you are right???so--prove it...

and then when it is all said and done---I never attacked anyone gay/homo--until provoked by you..mu original post was short, and focused on sandusky alone as afar as gay...and jusr saying what I said--doesn't implicate the whole goddamn gay world, only one man..mostly it is about paterno...

that si one fact--that seems to have eluded you completely, but you needed and got--what you wanted, a close enough statement to get your gay debate right?..

have it with somebody who gives a shit dude ..

No you are not right. You are very wrong.. You are clearly homophobic and I found it laughable that your tried covering it up by saying " I have worked with gay people " and faggotdom..... really are you 12 ? Any ways dude is a sick human being and I hope his fellow inmates are awaiting his arrival.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Seriously ??? Ok this whole gay or not gay fiasco should have run its course.

I will be honest not sure if it means he is gay or not still tugging on that question. I mean he did have sex with boys which I do understand is pedo, that said he did not pick any sort of females. SO if it is as stated a discriminatory thing then is it not a conscious decision for boys. The comparison to hair color in my opinion does not work because that is hair color not gender, but I understand the concept of the discriminatory thing.

Had it been doing it with underage boys and girls then I could definitely understand saying he is only pedo, but it is undeniable he had an attraction to the one sex. Now was this just the presentation of opportunity I do not know, but I would assume he could have had girls too.

As said though I am still mixed up about it and I can not come to a conclusion because it would be based upon logic and that does not apply in this case since he obviously has something wrong with his logical process so inferring information and trying to interpret it through reason is close to impossible so I will stick to the fact that he is mentally disturbed and he COULD have been both.

Steelrain, you have the right to free speech just like everybody else. The flipside to this is they have the same thing so if they want to chastise you for how you see the world then you have to accept that as their right to free speech to now matter how much you disagree, as is the nature of a disagreement. Although given how sensitive of a subject this is I think silence may have been the better part of valor. If you choose to express opinions thought that is your right as a human and an American. I will say +1 for stirring the pot up to say the least. It has definitely sparked some rather heated conversation which I am always a fan of reading.

AS to the whole gay thing though in my opinion. I cant say I really give a shit one way or the other. If you are happy being gay than I am not one to sit here and be able to judge you because I am myself a flawed creature (not saying being gay is a flaw by any means) so I should not cast stones on peoples personal decisions. And another thing about it that hangs me up on this is of all the gay people that I have as friends and have known were all relatively nice people who had nothing against straight people and did not hit on me ( doubting my sexiness....douches) so I have no problem with them doing that. If the worst thing you can say about someone is that they are gay they are more than likely a good person. The flaming ones get on my nerves but so do bra burning women who protest womens place in the work place while having no job, but to each their own.

As to Mr.Sandusky I am sure that he is going to get his when he goes to jail and that he should not expect a pleasant concluding chapter to his life.

If Joe Paterno did report this as stated by what I assume to be credible sources than why they had to sullky his good name and tarnish his legacy I will never know. If he were to make defamatory allegations to the media he would have been fired anyway for bringing discredit upon the school if he had no hard evidence. If he did have hard evidence nand reported it to higher channels than would it not be up to them to do something about it ?

All in all though I am happy that justice is being carried out and my heartfelt remorse goes out to the families of those affected as well as those and they all remember that they can either let this destroy them or use it to make them a stronger person and influence others with their experiences.

Ngata, you got laid while wearing a french maid outfit, as you told all of us. Your sexiness is not in question. :D

Your manliness, perhaps. Not your sexiness.

Edited by Thanatos19

Ngata, you got laid while wearing a french maid outfit, as you told all of us. Your sexiness is not in question. :D

Your manliness, perhaps. Not your sexiness.

Why you would remember that I do not know lol. And I rocked the shit out of said french maid out fit and it still looked manly. :sparta:

Just throwing this out there, but if I didn't know anything about him I would think Sandusky was a faggot. He doesn't have any of his own kids. I don't think that pedophilia should associated with homosexuality, but Sandusky comes off as a faggot. Maybe that's just because I got that impression after the charges came but I really don't think so.

People who think he will be put with the general public are insane. He will be placed under protective services and probably live a good life in prison.

He should be put in general pop, for a week or so. That'd give every guy in the pen their time to make him their center.. then toss him into protective services for life. He'd feel the exact same as all of his victims. Karma makes its full circle.

Glad justice was served. Hate that it came so late.

Dude is looking at a max of 442 years in prison. He isn't going to get out, ever. He will die in a cell just as he lived.... As a sad, pathetic, a disgusting human being.

I hope this motherfuckin monster gets stabbed to death in prison when a prison guard "accidently" (deliberate intention) lets him into general population in the rec yard and then the other inmates start shakin this monster. I think people who commit crimes that he was convicted of should get the death penalty!!!

This time next year, I doubt Jerry Sandusky is still among the living. That's about as nicely as I can say that.

This time next year, I doubt Jerry Sandusky is still among the living. That's about as nicely as I can say that.

Are you thinking murder in prison, natural death, or suicide?

I'm glad that justice was served and that the brave victims that spoke out about him are given some peace to know that he's in prison for the rest of his life and can't hurt anyone else.

Tear the statue down.