Sign in to follow this  
housemd

US Olympic Team

Kobe as a 19 year old?

I'm assuming Davis' injury is bad enough that he can't play. I'd be pissed if he wasn't on the team because of some "paying your dues" crap. If he really cant make it, I think this is the right roster.

I'm still trying to figure out how Blake Griffin made the team in general, let alone start lol.

I feel bad for Davis, that would be such a good experience.

Davis wasn't going to make the team injury or not. The Olympics team is very much about tradition and all of that. They weren't going to let a rookie on the team who hasn't even played an NBA game yet. I also imagine Hornets didn't want that if he had ANY type of injury. The reward of letting fans see their future star play for his country does not outweigh the risk of having that future star be hurt at the beginning of the season.

I don't see why people are against Blake. We need size and athleticism is always welcome on a USA team why do you think Westbrook made it? Besides no matter what you think of his game or skills he is a presence in the paint.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Blake Griffin suffered a left knee injury during a Team USA scrimmage on Wednesday and will return to Los Angeles to be examined by team doctors.

There's no flopping in Olympic scrimmages, so this appears to be a very real concern. More details should emerge in the near future, but reports are that he twisted the knee, which is the same one he hurt in the playoffs last season. Adrian Wojnarowski is also reporting that Anthony Davis has been summoned to Vegas "immediately" to fill the void left by Griffin. Stay tuned. Jul 12 - 1:43 PM

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

So have you guys heard the argument that Kobe sparked? The Dream Team would beat this team USA, IMO. I'm not going to go as far to say that they'd 'destroy' them but I do believe The Dream Team would be slightly superior.

Apparently Portland's leading physician is a part of the medical staff.

If I had so much as a regular twisted ankle, i'd dip outa there... Anybody from that staff is probably an expert at ending player's careers.

• Upvote 1

I think it'd be a different matchup if the entire team was healthy (2012).

But this team against the 92 team would go to the 92 team. I disagree on it being a huge advantage, but the rape-fest that would take place in the paint by the 92 team would be an ugly one.

Especially with no Howard for the 12 team, Chandler would have nightmares of Robinson and Ewing for the rest of his life... And Davis would probably quit hooping altogether...

I think it'd be a different matchup if the entire team was healthy (2012).

But this team against the 92 team would go to the 92 team. I disagree on it being a huge advantage, but the rape-fest that would take place in the paint by the 92 team would be an ugly one.

Especially with no Howard for the 12 team, Chandler would have nightmares of Robinson and Ewing for the rest of his life... And Davis would probably quit hooping altogether...

:rofl:

Even if the 2012 was entirely healthy, there is still no way they are beating the 1992 team.

The big men matchups alone qualify this game as a wash. Especially since the legends on the dream team actually played ball. They would probably all foul out by half due to the current state of the game.

Howard complains about calls on every single play nowadays... I can't imagine the amount of tissues he would need when getting defended by the true legends of the NBA who actually played defense.

Btw - love the replies the dream team members (Bird, Barkley, Malone, Pippen) are giving when asked this very question.

Barkley is right when he says only 3 players on the 2012 team would make the 92 team. LeBron, Durant and Kobe.

Though I guess you could make an argument Paul over Stockton.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Team USA clobbered the Dominican Republic in Friday's pre-Olympic tuneup by the score of 113-59, with Kevin Durant leading the way with 24 points and 10 rebounds.

Durant hit a ridiculous 9-of-11 shots from the field, Andre Iguodala scored 18 points and was named player of the game, Carmelo Anthony scored 13 points, and LeBron James had seven points in the win. Jul 13 - 12:41 AM

Per Rotoworld.com:

Anthony Davis (ankle) will replace Blake Griffin on Team USA following Griffin's knee injury.

Davis played on his bum wheel and looked fairly good, scoring nine points in the fourth quarter including a four-point play. He'll officially be placed on the roster pending Griffin's removal any time now. Jul 13 - 12:55 AM

Source: AP