Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2012 Buccaneers season thread

After reading some of the offseason thread, I figured we make the season thread now since preseason is over and we're ready for Carolina this weekend. :yep:

2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Schedule

Week 1. vs Carolina Panthers, Won 16-10

Week 2. at New York Giants, Lost 41-34

Week 3. at Dallas Cowboys, 1:00 P.M.M FOX

Week 4. vs Washington Redskins, 4:25 P.M. FOX

Week 5. BYE WEEK

Week 6. vs Kansas City Chiefs, 1:00 P.M. CBS

Week 7. vs New Orleans Saints, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Week 8. at Minnesota Vikings, 8:20 P.M. NFL Network (Thursday night)

Week 9. at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 P.M. FOX

Week 10. vs San Diego Chargers, 1:00 P.M. CBS

Week 11. at Carolina Panthers, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Week 12. vs Atlanta Falcons, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Week 13. at Denver Broncos, 4:05 P.M. FOX

Week 14. vs Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Week 15. at New Orleans Saints, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Week 16. vs St. Louis Rams, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Week 17. at Atlanta Falcons, 1:00 P.M. FOX

Active Roster

5 QB Josh Freeman

6 QB Dan Orlovsky

9 P Michael Koenen

10 K Connor Barth

11 WR Tiquan Underwood

12 WR Jordan Shipley

17 WR Arrelious Benn

19 WR Mike Williams

20 DB Ronde Barber

21 DB Eric Wright

22 RB Doug Martin

23 DB Myron Lewis

24 DB Mark Barron

25 DB Aqib Talib

26 DB Anthony Gaitor

27 RB LeGarrette Blount

28 RB D.J. Ware

29 DB Leonard Johnson

31 DB E.J. Biggers

33 DB Brandon McDonald

34 RB Michael Smith

35 DB Cody Grimm

37 DB Keith Tandy

41 FB Erik Lorig

43 DB Ahmad Black

44 TE Dallas Clark

48 LS Andrew Economos

50 DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim

53 LB Najee Goode

54 LB Lavonte David

56 LB Dekoda Watson

57 LB Adam Hayward

58 LB Quincy Black

59 LB Mason Foster

62 OG Ted Larsen

65 OT Jeremy Trueblood

69 OT Demar Dotson

70 OT Donald Penn

71 DE Michael Bennett

74 C/G Cody Wallace

76 C/G Jeremy Zuttah

77 OG Carl Nicks

79 OT Jamon Meredith

83 WR Vincent Jackson

86 TE Danny Noble

88 TE Luke Stocker

90 DT Roy Miller

93 DT Gerald McCoy

94 DE Adrian Clayborn

95 DT Gary Gibson

96 DT Corvey Irvin

97 DE George Johnson

?? WR Chris Owusu

Practice Squad

2 QB Adam Weber

51 LB Jacob Cutrera

60 OT Mike Remmers

67 OG Julian Vandervelde

73 OG Roger Allen

81 TE Drake Dunsmore

84 WR Dale Moss

98 DE D.J. Bryant

Injured Reserve, PUP or retired

18 WR Sammie Stroughter

52 DT Eric LeGrand

72 OG Desmond Wynn

75 OG Davin Joseph

91 DE Da'Quan Bowers

Let's go Bucs :yep:

Edited by McMilla4Prez63
  • Upvote 2

:rock:

I'll be at the first game (week 1 - Panthers), the Redskins game, the first meeting against the Saints, and the Chargers game.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

I hope to go to a game this year, but I'm honestly not in a big hurry to do so. It is too hot this time of year. But I'm ready for the season to start, it is make or break for a lot of guys. Mainly Mark Dominik, it is time for his drafts to start showing up big.

Getting one of those new Nike jerseys this week but I dunno if I should get Barron's, Martin's or Jackson's...

:think:

I bought Barrons. You can't really go wrong with any of those 3.

I bought Barrons. You can't really go wrong with any of those 3.

How's the fitting of the Nike jerseys?

I'd go Martin, but I don't really want jerseys anymore. 100 dollars is insane.

Edited by Milla4Prez63
  • Upvote 1

I'd go Martin, but I don't really want jerseys anymore. 100 dollars is insane.

Yup. So glad I got the old Panthers jersey for Newton while it was on sale for half-off since they were switching over to Nike. I was deliberating over waiting, but I'm not spending $100 for a jersey, geez.

Oh also, why buy a ticket to the first Bucs game just to see them get stomped. :troll:

Edited by Thanatos19

@TKras:

#Bucs re-sign G Julian Vandervelde to the practice squad...that's the tweak Mark Dominik alluded to when he was on with the Big Dog

As we thought....

The new jerseys fit pretty well. 100 dollars is a bit high, but meh.

I'm not usually too high on guys who are drafted to rival teams, but I am extremely high on Mark Barron. He should be an absolutely amazing safety for the Bucs.

All three of the Bucs' top picks look damn good early on. Lavonte David is already our best LB, he knows how to find the ball and tackle the right way.

All three of the Bucs' top picks look damn good early on. Lavonte David is already our best LB, he knows how to find the ball and tackle the right way.

I'm super excited about Lavonte. He's so fast and makes quick decisions. He's made some rookie mistakes but that's expected and they've been at a minimum. What's most impressive is they've already made him the play-caller on defense.

David was calling shots in the Panthers game and the D looked great. Super excited about him.

Head Coach Greg Schiano wired on NFLN's Sound FX...

Awesome.

Love it.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts:

-Freeman just isn't going to cut it for this team. He had one nice drive to tie at the end, but that mostly because of a miracle TD catch by Mike Williams bailing out what was a pretty dumb throw.

-Our run blocking sucks, we do have big #77, but you need all five guys out there making things happen. Larsen is just so damn tiny out there and creates no push. Zuttah is no better either.

-Blount needs to be involved somehow.

-Talib was just a joke today. Despite massive holding all day, he kept letting Hakeem Nicks get 20 yards a pop.

-Brandon McDonald was playing well for a while, but got lost at the end. He kept letitng his man run free after a while.

-Mason Foster is a force, he was hitting people hard all day and played the run well. Our D was never the same after his initial injury.

-McCoy was getting penetration early, but got taken out of the game with a lot of double teams.

-Clayborn may be our latest sophmore slump, he's done NOTHING after two games. Despite McCoy getting doubled, Clayborn couldn't win his one on one matchups.

-Bennett is way better than Clayborn, he won his one on one matchups a lot but Eli's quick release and our terrible coverage negated it.

-Vincent Jackson was worth the money, only guy on this offense worth a damn.

-Barron saved a couple TDs today, he has some issues covering the deep ball and knowing where to help. But he can play.

-After a few bad returns, Benn came into his own as the return man. I feel fine leaving him with that job.

-Mike Williams made some nice catches, but that one play where he hesistated and cost us a first down was one of many 2nd half backbreakers. That last negated play sucks, but it was a tough play to make. His TD was flat out amazing though.

-None of our other receivers made an impact, maybe because Freeman wasn't looking, but it was V-Jax or nothing.

-Dallas Clark needs to get more looks on offense, he is a QB friendly target.

-Luke Stocker sucks. He isn't a weapon in any way whatsoever and the so called "blocking TE" STILL can not block. He is a bust. TE is a position we have to adresss next year.

-Dotson did alright stepping in, he couldn't create any push in the run game but his pass blocking was alright.

-Mike Sullivan's play calling was pretty bad. Too many screens to guys like Lorig, Stocker and Clark. Why? lol Also we were in position to do what we want, eat the clock with a lead with our run game but we kept trying to pass. When we could've ran the clock out to the 3rd quarter, we got greedy and tried passing and Freeman threw the game changing INT. Like I said earlier, Blount needs some touches. It would've been the perfect time to bring him in and make some plays. We need a tandem here, and not just a Martin/Ware tandem lol.

This loss was rough, we'll probably take one next week too. We have to hope we can beat RG3 at home in two weeks and go into the bye at 2-2.

Edited by McMilla4Prez63

This loss is on the offense big time. Freeman missed throws he shouldn't have, and WR's yet again seemed to mess up their routes. Sullivan had quite a few calls that baffled me, like throwing the ball over and over when we were well ahead. Before that he ran the ball several times, which I thought would ultimately lead to a pass because that's what good coordinators do. Nope, run again on 3rd down while the Giants stacked the front, completely expecting it.

People are likely to talk all week about the defense giving up 604 yards and 41 points, but they didn't even let the Giants tie the game until the last 7 minutes, and a huge chunk of the yards and the rest of their points came in the last 4 minutes of the game. The defense played pretty well when you look at the game as a whole. For 53 minutes they allowed 1 TD and 4 FG's while getting 3 INT's, all of which turned into TD's. Yes they didn't stop the Giants at the end of the game, but they were the only reason why we were ahead in the first place. The offense didn't do their part by getting first downs and running out the clock. It was just a cluster fuck of bad decisions and dropped passes.

The Giants definitely deserves the hard fought win. They played through most of the game poorly but pulled it all out when they needed to. Huge props to Nicks and Cruz for yet again showing why they should be considered one of, if not the best WR tandem in the league. Nicks abused Talib so bad he'll probably end up with PTSD from it.

I expect the team to play better next week. After doing so well against the Panthers some of the more immature guys may have gotten a little too full of themselves and lost some of the focus they started the season with. Foster and Barron seemed to have had a worse game but that could just be because they went up against more talent overall. Regardless, the offense needs to work on their issues or this is going to be a long season.

• Upvote 1

The Bucs have brought back WR Tiquan Underwood. To make room on the roster, the team released WR Preston Parker.

:towel: Awesome. No point in keeping Parker. He is a slot guy and we already have Shipley and Stroughter for that. Underwood played great in pre-season and adds another dimension to our offense. I love this move.

Not every call is the OC fault, Freeman should have changed the play when he saw the Giants stacking the front. No excuse for a QB who has been in the NFL this long to not have seen that. You can't tell me Sullivan has told Freeman he can't change plays based on his reads.

This loss is on the offense big time. Freeman missed throws he shouldn't have, and WR's yet again seemed to mess up their routes. Sullivan had quite a few calls that baffled me, like throwing the ball over and over when we were well ahead. Before that he ran the ball several times, which I thought would ultimately lead to a pass because that's what good coordinators do. Nope, run again on 3rd down while the Giants stacked the front, completely expecting it.

People are likely to talk all week about the defense giving up 604 yards and 41 points, but they didn't even let the Giants tie the game until the last 7 minutes, and a huge chunk of the yards and the rest of their points came in the last 4 minutes of the game. The defense played pretty well when you look at the game as a whole. For 53 minutes they allowed 1 TD and 4 FG's while getting 3 INT's, all of which turned into TD's. Yes they didn't stop the Giants at the end of the game, but they were the only reason why we were ahead in the first place. The offense didn't do their part by getting first downs and running out the clock. It was just a cluster fuck of bad decisions and dropped passes.

The Giants definitely deserves the hard fought win. They played through most of the game poorly but pulled it all out when they needed to. Huge props to Nicks and Cruz for yet again showing why they should be considered one of, if not the best WR tandem in the league. Nicks abused Talib so bad he'll probably end up with PTSD from it.

I expect the team to play better next week. After doing so well against the Panthers some of the more immature guys may have gotten a little too full of themselves and lost some of the focus they started the season with. Foster and Barron seemed to have had a worse game but that could just be because they went up against more talent overall. Regardless, the offense needs to work on their issues or this is going to be a long season.

Well said, sir. Well said.