Favre4Ever

Staff Application Process

With the recent decision to wipe the slate clean and start fresh with the staff here at The Gridiron Palace, we decided that it would be a good idea to get back to our roots.

In recent times, when a staff member would be demoted or step down, it was common procedure for the staff to get together and discuss who the best candidate would be and go from there. However, Vin and I want to get back to an application style of promoting staff.

We just feel that it is much easier to gauge not only your activity, but your interest as well.

This entire process also gives us the chance to redefine the roles of each tier of the staff. A lot of the issues, we feel, stem from a lack of direction -- and the blame falls on us for that.

You will be able to select which position you want to apply for, and we will hold you to certain standards depending on your position. With that, the positions available for the taking and the expectations that come with them are as follows.

Position [Max # of spots open]

- Expectations

Admin [1]

- The Admin position won't be a glamorous one. A lot of work will be done behind the scenes to keep TGP running as smoothly as possible.

- The position will be expected to be more creative. Somebody who can come up with ideas that could better TGP. Even if your ideas don't come completely alive, we want to know that you are at least pondering possible improvements.

- Communication is key. While 20 posts a day in the public forums isn't a requirement, it will be expected that you keep in touch with staff at the very least.

*The following aren't required, but any or all of these will better your chances*

- High Activity Level

- Experience with FTPs, SEOs, IPB software, etc

- Willingness, Experience, and Success in Recruiting.

Global Moderator [2-3]

- Global moderators are going to be central cogs in our new staff structure.

- Beyond being a great poster, G-Mods are going to be expected to be facilitators as well.

- More than posting news stories, G-Mods need to be the types to go into those news threads, reply, and spurn even more debate or conversation on the topic.

- G-Mods are likely to have a wealth of knowledge on many sports related and non-sports related topics. An emphasis on sports related, and more specifically the NFL, of course.

- G-Mods are more likely to be hosting site wide activities such as a fantasy league, Pick Em', fantasy drafts, Sim Leagues (such as The Vindicators), and anything else that may come to mind.

- And lastly, using your best judgement to moderate The Gridiron Palace, its members, and its contents as well as contributing to staff discussion.

Forum Moderator [4]

- Ideally, we are looking for 4 forum moderators. Two people will share the responsibilities in the AFC and NFC forums (all of the divisions). Another would be set in the General NFL forum. And the last would be in the Sideline.

- Forum moderators will be focusing on creating content. Posting news stories, making polls, and creating threads such as Buy/Sell, Prediction threads, etc.

- General activity throughout the forums, including contribution to staff discussion

- Sound judgement to moderate TGP, its members, and its contents.

We will not be filling spots just to fill them. If we accept your application, we are putting our faith in you to get the job done and do what it takes to reach certain goals. And once more, a lot of this is to gauge interest.

With all of that out of that way, the application is below. Please send it in PM form to Vin, or to our E-mail account: GridironPalace@gmail.com

--- Application for TGP Staff ---

Forum Name:

Position Applying For (If forum mod, please specify which forum):

Your expected activity level -

What makes you the best choice for this position -

What do you feel are your best attributes -

If applying for Admin/GMod would you accept a lower position if deemed a better fit? - Yes or No

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vin and I would like to thank you all for your time and continuous efforts in making TGP the best that it can be. We look forward to your applications and the 2012 NFL Season.

This is open to everyone, so I don't know why we don't have MORE APPLICANTS.

If you have the time and can meet the requirements, please by all means take a shot. No harm in trying.

Is "front page editor" included in this? If so then I'll apply but I don't think I have the qualifications to help be staff nor do I think you guys need someone of my inadequacy. :p

But I plan on doing more front page stuff as the season rolls around. :yep:

Are these forum moderators in addition to the other forum mods we already have, or do we not actually have anyone at that position atm?

Are these forum moderators in addition to the other forum mods we already have, or do we not actually have anyone at that position atm?

I think we have no forum mods right now as I've seen that Bay,Trident and BucD are Elite Members..

To be honest guys I am not wanting to shit on peoples ideas or anything like that. That said though I wont apply because I really liked the site before and am unclear of the direction you guys are trying to go ? I am all for efficiency so there is no need to have 20 people do the job 5 can but I did not really think that moderation or anything like that was a problem anyway.

I liked the big boy rules where we could say what we want as long as you were not being an ass hat. and the news always broke fairly quickly anyway.

So what was the issue and where are you trying to go ? Not at all questioning your decisions as I will enjoy my membership either way as long as it does not become overly moderated like the Ravens website. Just curious.

I thought the entire reason for this was to downsize the staff...looking at these numbers, wouldn't it put it at around the same number it was before?

And while I don't think it's gonna be an issue, I'm with Ngata. This site better not change it's moderating policies. Every site I've ever seen that tries to become more strict that it one was falls flat on it's face. If you want to be strict with your rules, you have to be that way from the beginning. Otherwise it just doesn't work.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

I'm pretty sure there will be no change in moderating policies....

Just a downsize in the staff. But yea, from this it just seems there will only be 1 less admin so far if you add all the staff members up O_O

There should be little to no change in "moderating policy".

To be quite honest, modding is taking a backseat. Modding is a heck of a lot easier than what we are asking of new mods. In my opinion anyway.

We want more focus on the creation and stimulation of conversation. While, of course, if drama breaks out, we expect a moderator to take action... That is definitely not at the forefront of their responsibilities.

We also didn't make this decision primarily to downsize. Definitely part of it, but far from the deciding factor. If we wanted to simply downsize, we could have asked 2-3 mods to step down and be done with it. Not how it has turned out thus far, as you can see.

Again, for those getting a little worried about a possible change in moderating. Don't. There is nothing even planned to change, right now, as far as that is concerned.

J/W, Is this still open?

:yep: