SteVo

NFC East Power Rankings

1. :Redskins:

2. :Cowboys:

3. :Giants:

4. :Eagles:

Well, the rankings should look a bit backwards after week 1, shouldn't they? The Cowboys got a big win against the Giants, but didn't look overly impressive doing it. The Redskins, on the other hand, made a statement against the Saints, and it was a very promising premiere for Robert Griffin III.

Meanwhile, even though they're 1-0, the Eagles are still lower than the Giants for their awful offensive performance. Four interceptions from Michael Vick is not going to get it done against a non-horrible offense. Anybody but the Browns and the Birds would be 0-1.

• Upvote 2

:Cowboys:

:Giants:

:Redskins:

:Eagles:

The Giants secondary has been decimated by injuries. If they can get some guys back they should be ahead of Dallas but for now the 'Boys knocked off the defending champs so they have to be number 1. As for the Skins, idk if what we saw against NO was fools gold or not, but they've certainly proved enough to be ranked ahead of the Eagles after their horrendous performance offensively, just not the champs.

• Upvote 1

1. :Redskins:

2. :Cowboys:

3. :Giants:

4. :Eagles:

Well, the rankings should look a bit backwards after week 1, shouldn't they? The Cowboys got a big win against the Giants, but didn't look overly impressive doing it. The Redskins, on the other hand, made a statement against the Saints, and it was a very promising premiere for Robert Griffin III.

Meanwhile, even though they're 1-0, the Eagles are still lower than the Giants for their awful offensive performance. Four interceptions from Michael Vick is not going to get it done against a non-horrible offense. Anybody but the Browns and the Birds would be 0-1.

Didn't look overly impressive doing it? Realize we had a fourteen point lead for most of the fourth quarter, and then we went for the kill and got it. If that isn't impressive for week 1, I don't know what is.

I'm surprised you guys are so high on Washington and so willing to put the defending champs of not only the division but the entire league in 3rd place.

Didn't look overly impressive doing it? Realize we had a fourteen point lead for most of the fourth quarter, and then we went for the kill and got it. If that isn't impressive for week 1, I don't know what is.

It's NO where near as impressive as the Redskins going to the SUPERDOME beating Drew Brees in his own house with a ROOKIE QB. They put up points in the dome.. 40!! with a rookie. Rg3 looked flawless. Way more impressive then the Cowboys game.

:Eagles::bag:

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

It's NO where near as impressive as the Redskins going to the SUPERDOME beating Drew Brees in his own house with a ROOKIE QB. They put up points in the dome.. 40!! with a rookie. Rg3 looked flawless. Way more impressive then the Cowboys game.

:Eagles::bag:

No. The Cowboys went into the reigning Super Bowl champs' house and beat them, and it was pretty much decided at the end of the third quarter.

The Redskins allowed 32 points. The Cowboys allowed essentially fourteen because a FG was imminent after Boley's INT return.

Sure RG3 looked great, but don't use that to equate one win to be superior to another.

No. The Cowboys went into the reigning Super Bowl champs' house and beat them, and it was pretty much decided at the end of the third quarter.

The Redskins allowed 32 points. The Cowboys allowed essentially fourteen because a FG was imminent after Boley's INT return.

Sure RG3 looked great, but don't use that to equate one win to be superior to another.

I think Rg3s was more impressive because no one had them to win that game. Nobody! It was in the Saints house and they don't lose in the dome; let along to a ROOKIE QB putting on a historic performance for a rookie QB debut. Everyone knows the Cowboys can play good; ppl can expect a few great games like that from Romo in the regular season, but nodboy expected RG3 to put a performance like that up in the dome shooting it out with Drew Brees. The Giants leading receiver also wasn't up to speed as well. Not discrediting the Cowboys because they played a great game and quieted some of their haters, but the Redskins beating the Saints in the dome was more impressive imo.

It was decided at the end of the 3rd? Did you and I watch the same game? That game was nowhere near decided at the end of the 3rd.

The Skins going into the Superdome and beating a pissed-off Saints team is far more impressive than what the Boys did, IMO.

Now, it would be a legitimate argument to question whether or not its a fluke, (which is why they are below the Boys in my rankings, I don't trust them yet), but to say it isn't as impressive... well, that's just crazy talk. Or homer talk. How do we know what the Boys defense did isn't a fluke? After all, Cruz was open several more times, he just dropped them, and Nicks was not himself, not to mention that the Giants were on their what, 6th-string CB?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

It was decided at the end of the 3rd? Did you and I watch the same game? That game was nowhere near decided at the end of the 3rd.

The Skins going into the Superdome and beating a pissed-off Saints team is far more impressive than what the Boys did, IMO.

Now, it would be a legitimate argument to question whether or not its a fluke, (which is why they are below the Boys in my rankings, I don't trust them yet), but to say it isn't as impressive... well, that's just crazy talk. Or homer talk. How do we know what the Boys defense did isn't a fluke? After all, Cruz was open several more times, he just dropped them, and Nicks was not himself, not to mention that the Giants were on their what, 6th-string CB?

I thought the 'boys went up 14 in the third, but it was directly after.

Anyway, the game was essentially over with lots of time left, and the only time the Giants sniffed a comeback the Cowboys picked up a third and long and were able to kneel the game out.

This game was won early in the fourth quarter.

I don't think the Eagles offense and Mike Vick are nearly as bad as they showed this week, nor am I quite yet a believer in the Skins offense. Reid's teams have a 14 year history of coming out flat in the 1st week. It may be indicative of greater issues but I'm not ready to say it is for certain. The offense outside of Vick and the offensive line played very very well. They also seem to perennially have a game where everyone and their brother sees the ball should be run down the throat of a weak running defense but instead they throw it 50 times at a strong passing defense.

I'm in wait and see mode for the Skins, mostly because they do this every year. They put one on much better opponents and then fall back to earth at least once a season it seems. Especially early on. Though their offense was very impressive.

If we make these only based on week one we'll likely be way off by the time the end of the season comes around

1. Cowboys- They were the best team in the East for much of last season but couldn't beat the Giants. They've already done it once this season. I'll bump them to first at least for a week.

2. Giants - Not overly sold on Eli Manning still. Would like him to be "Eli"te more than one season in a row. They also seem to have trouble putting a whole season of great play together under Coughlin. I think they've had 11+ wins twice since Coughlin has been in town. Both of those seasons resulted in a one and done. The wishy washy nature of the team (slow starts with INCREDIBLY strong finishes/ fast starts with VERY slow finishes) makes it tough to get a read on who they really are early on.

3. Eagles - usually starts slow, but this was REALLY bad. They go as Vick goes, so if he doesn't turn it around quick they won't be going anywhere. Could be last after next week.

4. Redskins - Impressive offensively. Griffin looked like a pro. Could be a quick move up the ladder but I would like to see more.

We, as fans, are too quick to judge based on one week and we really won't know much about these teams until about a quarter of the way into the season. Then again, with recent history in the NFC East, we might not know until the end of the season. This division has seen a lot of end of the season collapses and comebacks in the past 7-8 years. I think its going to be tight again this season.

Alright, quite a shake-up this week. Let's see here...

1) :Eagles: After more turnovers, the Eagles finally settled in and played a strong half of football against the Ravens to earn a big win. They're the only team without a loss in the division, so they get the top spot almost by formality--for now. If they don't cut down on turnovers and penalties, they will catch up to them eventually.

2) :Giants: I debated putting them below the Redskins, but the 4th quarter comeback yesterday was shades of 2011, even if it was against the Bucs. :troll:

3) :Redskins: Frustrating loss for the Skins this week (lolJoshMorgan), but at least RGIII followed up week 1 with another strong performance. It looks like this team is going to be competitive this year.

4) :Cowboys: We all know this is what the Cowboys do, that they lay a few eggs once in awhile, that they come up flat, but damn. They deserve last place this week and they know it. :yep:

:Eagles: - Turnovers and penalties are still a problem that needs to get cleaned up, but the fact they were able to beat a tough opponent such as Baltimore while still committing those errors is impressive.

yay inconsistency for the rest of these teams...

:Giants: - The defending champs almost went 0-2, but the same character and fight they showed during their 2012 Super Bowl run proved to still be in the team. Regardless of injuries, this secondary is going to have to tighten up big time for another playoff run.

:Redskins: - RG3 and the offense played well again, but the defense conceded 31 points to the Rams. Nevertheless, they're above the Cowboys because at least they didn't get blown out of the water by an NFC West team (minus the Niners).

:Cowboys: - Call it complacency after a huge win, but the Cowboys are just about the same team as last year. Tough to write a review about a team that didn't show up.

• Upvote 1

Why does everyone have the Cowboys lost. They didn't look impressive, but it was against the Seahawks in Seattle. That is not an easy task. The Redskins lost to the Rams...

But from the looks of it, this is not the same sorry excuse of a team that the Rams were.

• Upvote 1

Not to mention that the Skins game was alot closer in comparison to the Cowboys game

Separating the teams from 2-4 is gonna be tough this week, but here's my crack at it.

1) :Eagles: Almost 1st-by-default, as they're a game ahead of the entire division, but they finally played turnover-free football against the Giants and got a big win.

2) :Giants: They may have lost a divisional game, but they played well and took it to the wire. Remember, they're getting Hakeem Nicks back soon.

3) :Cowboys: You know this team will turn a corner at some point, but damn do they need to stop laying eggs like that.

4) :Redskins: I know everybody's high on RG3, but a close victory over the Bucs isn't impressive, and long-term I think losing Brian Orakpo and Adam Carikker will make a big difference.

:Eagles: We are a top of the division and a nice bounceback win after last weeks humiliation.

:Giants: Giants are next up and better then the skins and cowboys.

:Redskins: Granted their defense blows (and has suffered injuries), the Redskins have fought and kept it close in eVERY single game this season winning or losing by a one possession game. They go here for now but will be judged more when they play a real defense.

:Cowboys: In a prime time game against a potentially contending play off team and putting up the performance they did... yeah, they go here for now. Failed execution, miscommunications, and bad decisions all night. Big ups for the Bears capitalizing, showing up and making great plays.

Edited by dutchff7

1. :Eagles: - First place by default, but if they keep winning division games, they'll have earned it.

2. :Giants: - One of the worst coaching decisions I've seen Couglin make cost his team their last game. You can't trust Tynes to kick it from that far out. Hard to argue with the man who's won two Super Bowls in recent memory, though.

3. :Cowboys: - Tony Romo can't be compensating for his teammates any longer. He's too good to have receivers drop passes and run the wrong routes, and unfortunately he takes all of the blame. Arguably the best QB in the division when he's hot, Romo gets shit on like he's Kyle Boller when he's not.

4. :Redskins: - That defense won't hold up well enough for RG3 to take them to the playoffs, but you gotta be impressed by the kid so far. I like him more than I liked what I saw out of Cam last year, and that's saying something.

The Cowboys hatred is killing me.

I defer to Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

I think this early in the year, you go by the standings:

1. Philly

2. Dallas

2. Washington

4. NY (0-2 in the division speaks for itself)

The Cowboys hatred is killing me.

I defer to Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

I think this early in the year, you go by the standings:

1. Philly

2. Dallas

2. Washington

4. NY (0-2 in the division speaks for itself)

Lol no way is Dallas 2nd in the Division :disgust: Both of their losses were blow outs. The Giants are playing WAY better football then them. The Redskins have too but that can be debatable.

Lol no way is Dallas 2nd in the Division :disgust: Both of their losses were blow outs. The Giants are playing WAY better football then them. The Redskins have too but that can be debatable.

Dallas beat NY in NY. It's that simple for me.

Dallas beat NY in NY. It's that simple for me.

There's still a HUGE difference between a loss and a BLOWOUT. Both of the Cowboys losses were blowouts with large defecits. Not just a "we performed well" loss but just the other team made a play or two more then us; Losses that showed "WTF is going on!" Complete breakdown as a team. Miscommunications, bad decisions, multiple dropped balls, absurd amount of penalties and so on. Both of the Giants loses were a 1 possession game where the Cowboy losses were 20+ point blow outs; complete team collapses. It's not that simple lol.