BLUE

PFF's offensive line rankings so far

I'm surprised our offensive line is ranked that poorly. With Joseph out we've had to try a few different looks and they certainly have been inconsistent but for the most part, I think they give Free a good amount of time in the pocket. They struggle in the running game. A lot of our big runs have been Martin bouncing it outside and making the first guy miss.

Expect us in top 20 when DeCastro and Gilbert return..

I am thoroughly surprised that we are 12th, and also ranked higher in the run blocking department than the pass. Once again, nobody stands out...but still.

I'm surprised our offensive line is ranked that poorly. With Joseph out we've had to try a few different looks and they certainly have been inconsistent but for the most part, I think they give Free a good amount of time in the pocket. They struggle in the running game. A lot of our big runs have been Martin bouncing it outside and making the first guy miss.

:yep:

I was expecting a higher ranking too. Our pass protection has been good pretty much the entire season and the past few weeks, our run blocking has gotten better.

If only Joseph was healthy...we'd have such a good line. Because it's not the left side with Nicks and Penn that is having problems... it's the right side with Dotson (who's been definitely serviceable for the most part) and fucking LARDsen/Meredith who's been screwing us over. LARDsen and Meredith SUCK! It's painful watching them out there.

Edited by GoodellFTL

There's an astounding lack of elite LTs in the game today, anyone else notice that? It just seems like there's a lack of Offensive Tackle talent league wide. You have your select few that are really good, sure, but overall, there's so many bad LTs and RTs starting in the NFL right now. It's shocking after possibly the golden era of Tackle play in the late 90s - early 2000s. I don't think any of the best LTs in the game right now would even sniff the Pro Bowl in that era.

I mean think about it, the best LTs right now are between guys like Duane Brown, Andrew Whitworth, Eugene Monroe, Joe Thomas... really who else? I mean Jake Long has regressed if I recall, but he used to be up there too. The lack of elite LTs is shocking.

The Eagles being ranked 4th in run blocking is a little misleading. Evan Mathis and Todd Herremans are beasts individually, but we've had mediocre play from our center and right guard. In other words, the line has not blocked well as a whole, and McCoy hasn't had too many holes to run through.

There's an astounding lack of elite LTs in the game today, anyone else notice that? It just seems like there's a lack of Offensive Tackle talent league wide. You have your select few that are really good, sure, but overall, there's so many bad LTs and RTs starting in the NFL right now. It's shocking after possibly the golden era of Tackle play in the late 90s - early 2000s. I don't think any of the best LTs in the game right now would even sniff the Pro Bowl in that era.

I mean think about it, the best LTs right now are between guys like Duane Brown, Andrew Whitworth, Eugene Monroe, Joe Thomas... really who else? I mean Jake Long has regressed if I recall, but he used to be up there too. The lack of elite LTs is shocking.

Jordan Gross?

With Anthony Davis coming around this season and the success of our hall of fame run game :troll: not surprised to see the 49ers first.

17th. Worse than I wanted coming into the season (was expecting top 10), but better than we've looked this year.

The Titans are 19th? I thought they were supposed to be the worst line we've ever seen, and that's why Chris Johnson was struggling.

Edited by Thanatos19

I agree with that ranking for pass pro, but I don't buy it for a second in run blocking. Too many times guys get let into the backfield, and we are physically incapable of running the ball when we need to the most, even with one cut guys like Mikell and Bell.

Our pass pro is not so good though that it propels us in the top 5. Unless if every other line below us are really that bad.

10th? Maybe this is the rare homer in me coming out but I figured we'd be higher. Guess it has to do with the subpar run blocking because we're great in pass pro.