Disney buys LucasFilm

People like Darth Maul. I actually like this guy much better:

3448649-2382786-general_grievous.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Force Awakens has a 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. :D

What's the rating, though.

What's the rating, though.

I'd say 8.5/10. I don't think there will ever be a movie that works as well in my nostalgia-filled mind as the original trilogy, but it is a worthy addition to the Star Wars saga. People won't try to forget this one like the prequels.

I'd say 8.5/10. I don't think there will ever be a movie that works as well in my nostalgia-filled mind as the original trilogy, but it is a worthy addition to the Star Wars saga. People won't try to forget this one like the prequels.

I think it does rival the original trilogy. I need to see it again, but my initial reaction was this is the best SW movie since New Hope, if not the best one ever.

Edited by Thanatos19

Think I just got spoiled elsewhere in something that wasn't even Star Wars related. :yao: If it's true, I hate the movie already.

Hopefully it wasn't true though.

Ya'll be careful out there on the interwebs...

:sigh:

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

I have no idea how I forgot that dude was playing Kylo Ren like I remember hearing that's who they got to play him then somehow I magically forgot :lol: But I don't know man. My only criticism of the movie is the actor who played him. He talks too much like his character in that show Girls it took me out of the movie immediately. For the lucky few who haven't seen Girls this probably didn't happen to you and for better. Wish I never saw Girls. I didn't even like the show, quit watching but it caused me to get taken out of Star Wars :angry: Other than that was pretty good :yep: I liked it. Ford killed it as Solo again one last time.

• Upvote 1

I didn't get home until about 3:30 in the morning so I'm running on like three and half hours of sleep. lol

The movie was amazing. It had that original trilogy feel (as others have mentioned) with all the great modern day special effects.

IMO, everything was so well done and they've left us wanting more and fanboying out while trying to theorizing if Rey is Han's daughter (Ren's twin?) or if she is Luke's daughter. Regardless of which, why/how was she left abandoned on a desert shitty planet with no memory of her parents? If she's Luke's kid, who's her mother? Mara Jade? If so, where is Mara Jade?

As mentioned already, Poe Dameron is awesome! His character is done really well by Oscar Isaac and that's with very limited screen time. Hopefully he gets more in the episodes 8 & 9.

I loved Fin and his little interactions with other characters. I love Rey and her great facial expressions and her good hearted, independent, strong attitude.

Kylo Ren's voice (mask on) is so fucking awesome.Very menacing with such a great tone. I love, as SteVo said, how he's so angsty and extremely conflicted and portrayed so well Adam Driver.

The lightsaber battles were so well done. I mean, I loved it all. Again, well done JJ and crew. So far, I am loving every minute of it and cannot wait to see it again and to say I am looking forward to VIII is a massive understatement.

9/10 rating from me

• Upvote 1

So many things could have been better.

The Raid stars didn't do Jack shit, predictable twist with Han dying, dragged in the middle... Also, light saber battleS? No, just one. It was good though. Why the fuck do Jedi masters fail? Please drop the apprentice shit then please... One more thing: not buying Kylo Ren as the next big thing either. Just acts like a big baby and I'm 100% sure they made him a big bad to make sure people don't regret buying those Kylo Ren figures. Also, why the fuck is Snoke so god damn big or is that just a new hologram thing?

Edited by Spartan Havoc

I came into this thread 100% knowing Sparty would hate it.

Snoke is big because, IMO, he is using the Emperor's old throne room which had a holoprojecter that made things appear way bigger than they were.

• Upvote 2

Two fan theories:

Rey is

from Mandalore/descended from Boba Fett directly. She is carrying a Mandalorian weapon in a durastaff, or at least it looks like one.

Supreme Leader Snoke is

Darth Plagieus, Emperor Palpatine's master that Palpatine thought he had killed. Instead, he merely hurt him badly, thus explaining Snoke's deformity. Plageius is the only character in the SW universe that reportedly could reverse death itself with his mastery of the Force, it thus stands to reason he could certainly heal any non-fatal injury to himself. (Whether or not he actually could reverse death seemed to be a matter of debate, as Palpatine/Sidious dismissed it as a mythical exaggeration of his old master's powers.) It would also explain his apparently advanced age, (he is reportedly over 1,000 years old), although that could also be explained by him not actually being a human, but merely a member of a long-lived alien race.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

Who was that old guy in the beginning of the movie who kind of seemed a little original trilogy Obi-Wanish? Poe the pilot bro is with him and tells him to leave etc. Then after Kylo Ren lands he asks the old guy for the map to Luke. Who the hell is that guy? here's a clip of him: https://www.instagram.com/p/_cthuIouGM/?taken-by=borgetti58

also

Edited by CampinWithScragglyAssHairs
  • Upvote 1

I'm gonna be Kylo Ren for Halloween next year. :yep:

• Upvote 2

Who was that old guy in the beginning of the movie who kind of seemed a little original trilogy Obi-Wanish? Poe the pilot bro is with him and tells him to leave etc. Then after Kylo Ren lands he asks the old guy for the map to Luke. Who the hell is that guy? here's a clip of him: https://www.instagram.com/p/_cthuIouGM/?taken-by=borgetti58

also

He's no one we know atm. He knew Kylo Ren early on, clearly, but he isn't someone from the original trilogy. His name is Lor San Tekka, but that's about all we know atm.

GO8o2QN.jpg

I was at work tonight talking about the movie with some coworkers and we were talking about Kylo Rens lightsaber then Luke's and then we realized wasn't Luke's lightsaber green? Obi-Wan's was blue? Or did Obi-Wan give that to... no wait... :wut:

Edited by CampinWithScragglyAssHairs

Also

Finn's original stormtrooper name: FN-2187

In Episode IV, Leia is held prisoner in...cell 2187.

I HATE to say it, but I agree with SpartanHavoc after seeing this movie the second time on the subject of Ren.

To me he's just an overall terrible character, and it wasn't jar jar binks bad, but not almost kinda at the same level. I started off thinking he was a bad ass, but as the show progressed he literally ruined scenes for me.

And that scene with Han Solo dying was so forced, Ford pretty much made me like that scene.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this movie on multiple levels being a carbon copy more or less of one of the other episode.

Not saying it was terrible, because it was terrific, but, yea.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I thought Kylo Ren was a great character. He gave off an aura of terror in his initial scenes, and carried that into the middle of the movie. His removing his mask and revealing a human side, IMO, made him more terrifying. We saw before that he was clearly maligned with anger, but to see an actual human being with no abnormalities capable of such heinous things made him even more evil. On top of that, despite his longing for his family (which was evident in how he struggled with going back to the light), he literally sought out to kill his father so that he could complete his transformation. I wish they had explained his obsession with emulating Vader's darkness more, however.

All in all, I think the movie did an amazing job of broadcasting how monstrous people can be, even the most normal of them all. He looked menacing with the mask on, but I truly thought he displayed his greatest threat when you could see his human face with no humanity behind it.

EDIT: I think Adam Driver is doing with Kylo Ren what Hayden Christenson should have done with Anakin. He had a pretty great performance, IMO. The ONLY thing I didn't like about this movie was how murky the political situation is. How do the Republic, First Order, and Resistance relate to each other? Are the Republic and First Order independent entities, and the Resistance is just an unofficial branch of the Republic trying to destroy the First Order within the First Order's territory, thus preventing the First Order from overtaking the Republic?

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 2