blotsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 11,364 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Mizzou Tigers, Buffalo Bulls
  • NFL Team: Bills

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

http://www.monstersa...y-for-4-billion

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm excited for another star wars movie.

#2 rzb

rzb

GET HYPHY

• TGP Prime+
  • 7,675 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Hogs
  • NFL Team: Bandwagoner

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Typo in your thread title. Should have been "LucasFilm sells out to Disney."

Posted Image

Posted Image
kudos to BK & Dmac4HOF

#3 DalaiLama4Ever

DalaiLama4Ever

Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

• Owner+
  • 45,920 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Iowa State
  • NFL Team: Packers

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I can't lie.. I will definitely be there when it opens.. Probably at a midnight showing. lol. Disney has done well with Marvel, I hope they do the same here. Stay true to the universe created for them and expand.

First scene should be Jar Jars head getting blown off.

I defer all football takes to Seanbrock

due to his superior football 

knowledge.

#4 Vin

Vin

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

• Owner+
  • 27,836 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Florida State Seminoles
  • NFL Team: Jaguars

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm curious to see where the decide to go with the story. There's been a lot of material covered in books, wonder if they're going to adapt something, branch off into something new, or just screw continuity altogether.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#5 oochymp

oochymp

RIP Exotic Smashmouth

• Elite Members
  • 16,499 posts
  • NFL Team: Titans

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

First scene should be Jar Jars head getting blown off.

First off, I realize you were being facetious, but I've seen people comment about Jar Jar related to this story, but he would just seem out of place in Episode VII since he wasn't in Episodes IV, V, or VI, there's absolutely no way they bring him back

I actually am interested in seeing how they revive the series, but then again, I actually kinda enjoyed Episodes I, II, and III (with the exception of the last five minutes or so of III) so take that for what it's worth

GettyImages-969468026_1528429888536_5642

"They don't got pictures on the scorecards"

#6 Zack_of_Steel

Zack_of_Steel

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators+
  • 14,945 posts
  • NFL Team: Steelers

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

I have never seen the original trio, but I thought I was meh, II was ATROCIOUS, and III was pretty awesome.

aq2ObKS.png

Cry me a river and I'll piss you a puddle, 'cause either I don't give a fuck or my compassion's too subtle.

Spoiler

#7 DalaiLama4Ever

DalaiLama4Ever

• Owner+
  • 45,920 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

First off, I realize you were being facetious, but I've seen people comment about Jar Jar related to this story, but he would just seem out of place in Episode VII since he wasn't in Episodes IV, V, or VI, there's absolutely no way they bring him back

I actually am interested in seeing how they revive the series, but then again, I actually kinda enjoyed Episodes I, II, and III (with the exception of the last five minutes or so of III) so take that for what it's worth

I was being facetious, but I also really don't want to see him back. lol. Like Vin has said, there is SO MUCH material out there regarding the Star Wars universe that I won't rule out any kind of story line.

knowledge.

#8 Thanatos

Thanatos

Byrd is the word

• Members
  • 10,408 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Auburn, Clemson, Louisville
  • NFL Team: Panthers

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I have never seen the original trio, but I thought I was meh, II was ATROCIOUS, and III was pretty awesome.

What the what?

You have never seen episodes 4-6?

Zack. This must be fixed. You have to get help man, and fast.
Warning, Opinions may be included.

Posted Image

#9 oochymp

oochymp

RIP Exotic Smashmouth

• Elite Members
  • 16,499 posts
  • NFL Team: Titans

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I was being facetious, but I also really don't want to see him back. lol. Like Vin has said, there is SO MUCH material out there regarding the Star Wars universe that I won't rule out any kind of story line.

fair enough, though I'd be surprised if don't try to maintain some continuity, another thing I wonder is if they'd need to get a separate agreement to adapt something that's already out there, my guess is (assuming someone in the LucasFilm legal department had half a brain) that any license they gave out to use the 'Star Wars' name for books or the like included a reservation of the movie rights for an adaptation, but you never know

GettyImages-969468026_1528429888536_5642

"They don't got pictures on the scorecards"

#10 badgers

badgers

badgers

• Members
  • 4,121 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Wisconsin Badgers

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

By the time Episode 7 comes out it'll have been 32 years since the opening of Episode 6...not sure how this is gonna go down.

35n6a83.png
userbar_classic.png

Thanks BK for the sig

Packers 10-6 Bulls 25-19 Blackhawks 33-16-4

2nd NFC North 2nd Central 1st Central

Lost Div -- --

#11 DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Advanced Member

• Elite Members
  • 19,033 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): University of Oregon, MSU
  • NFL Team: Lions

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I guess I should catch up on episode 1-6...

YoaUhU7.jpg

71plbb.gif

#12 Eefluxx

Eefluxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Alabama Crimson Tide
  • NFL Team: Saints

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Thing to be considered is they bought Lucasfilm LTD. Not just the Star Wars franchise they got everything from Star Wars to ILM to Skywalker Sound to Indiana Jones and hopefully LucasArts. I would imagine it would also include the books licsening as well.

Being a Star Wars fanboy and geek I look forward to a new movie brought to me by the company that rescued Marvel movies and look forward to Lucas himself no being able to kill the franchise like I feel he was doing.

And Zack I agree with Thanatos that the fact you haven't seen 4,5 and 6 must be corrected immediately.

#13 housemd

housemd

• Members
  • 4,148 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Penn State
  • NFL Team: Steelers

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Adam Rank,NFL.com writer,made a list of NFL players and found their look-alike characters from the Star Wars..Here are some good ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Read the whole story here..

Edited by housemd, 31 October 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 DalaiLama4Ever

DalaiLama4Ever

• Owner+
  • 45,920 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

I love to immerse myself in the Star Wars universe... but I am nowhere near a fan boy. For those of you who are more into it than I am... What do you want to see out of a plot line for this?

Do you want to see them put something together and continue the story they have already set up... or do you want them to do something new and kinda start fresh with the plot.

knowledge.

#15 Thanatos

Thanatos

Byrd is the word

• Members
  • 10,408 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I love to immerse myself in the Star Wars universe... but I am nowhere near a fan boy. For those of you who are more into it than I am... What do you want to see out of a plot line for this?

Do you want to see them put something together and continue the story they have already set up... or do you want them to do something new and kinda start fresh with the plot.

Take the very first book trilogy and make a trilogy out of it.

I don't mean the books that came chronologically after Return of the Jedi- that would be the Truce at Bakura, which was pretty bad- I mean the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn, with Grand Admiral Thrawn as the bad guy, the very first books that came out after the movies.

It remains the best trilogy of Star Wars books, and would make one hell of an awesome trilogy of movies. And it would let them introduce Mara Jade.

Posted Image

#16 Vin

Vin

• Owner+
  • 27,836 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Take the very first book trilogy and make a trilogy out of it.

I don't mean the books that came chronologically after Return of the Jedi- that would be the Truce at Bakura, which was pretty bad- I mean the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn, with Grand Admiral Thrawn as the bad guy, the very first books that came out after the movies.

It remains the best trilogy of Star Wars books, and would make one hell of an awesome trilogy of movies. And it would let them introduce Mara Jade.

Funny, I hated those books. Maybe it was the fact that I was 10 or so when I tried to read them, but I didn't have any issues with anything I read afterwards.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I hope they go with something new. If you continue after where RotJ ends (or soon after), then you're going to have to recast characters, and I don't think that would go over well.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#17 Thanatos

Thanatos

Byrd is the word

• Members
  • 10,408 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Heir to the Empire is far and away the most popular books, I believe. Certainly the best. Thrawn remains the best enemy in any of the books, IMO, primarily because he didn't have force powers or anything like that, he was just one hell of a tactician. The way he took Coruscant out of the war for an extended period of time was just awesome.

Surprised you hated them- what other series have you read since?

The Fate of the Jedi series should certainly be out of the question, but given that the Clone Wars TV series had an episode in there just to help explain the existence of Abeloth, I'm wondering if they don't just skip right to that. I hope not. That was decidedly one of the worst series.

The New Jedi Order original series would also work, with the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, but it's rather long for just a trilogy. Plus of course, there's the matter of killing off a major character. Not sure how that would go over.

What if they went backwards? Like, to the Old Republic days. That seems like it would work.

Edited by Thanatos19, 31 October 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Vin

Vin

• Owner+
  • 27,836 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Heir to the Empire is far and away the most popular books, I believe. Certainly the best. Thrawn remains the best enemy in any of the books, IMO, primarily because he didn't have force powers or anything like that, he was just one hell of a tactician. The way he took Coruscant out of the war for an extended period of time was just awesome.

Surprised you hated them- what other series have you read since?

Let's see, I'm going to count series and standalone books... (thank you wikipedia for helping me remember)

The Han Solo Trilogy
Shadows of the Empire (standalone)
2/3rds of The Bounty Hunter Wars
Truce at Bakura (I concur with your opinion.)
The first four books of the X-Wing series (Corran Horn is awesome)
Courtship of Princess Leia (standalone)
The first four books of the Jedi Prince series
The Thrawn Trilogy (I think I read all of these. It's been a while...)
Champions of the Force (this was one of my favorites)
I, Jedi (standalone)
The Callista Trilogy
The Crystal Star (standalone)
2/3rds of The Black Fleet Crisis (Can't remember if I read all of this one or not, think I didn't read either the first or last book)
The Corellian Trilogy
A bunch of the Young Jedi Knights
Vector Prime (the most recent Star Wars book I've read)
Tales from Jabba's Palace
Tales of the Bounty Hunters

The New Jedi Order original series would also work, with the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, but it's rather long for just a trilogy. Plus of course, there's the matter of killing off a major character. Not sure how that would go over.

New Jedi Order is one of the things I was thinking of, even though I only read Vector Prime. But like you said, killing off a major character right away probably isn't the best way to reintroduce things.

What if they went backwards? Like, to the Old Republic days. That seems like it would work.

I despise prequels, but that's just probably me.

thevindicator.png

Axiomatic728.png

#19 Spread Eagle

Spread Eagle

Commitment to Excellence

• TGP Prime+
  • 11,714 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Bama, Cuse
  • NFL Team: Raiders

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Bring back Darth Maul :yep:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 badgers

badgers

badgers

• Members
  • 4,121 posts
  • NCAA Team(s): Wisconsin Badgers

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Adam Rank,NFL.com writer,made a list of NFL players and found their look-alike characters from the Star Wars..Here are some good ones:

cut photos out for space

Posted Image

This one I actually liked.

And I always thought Darth Maul had the potential to be an awesome villain but they didn't do enough to make him a big part of the story.

Edited by badgers, 31 October 2012 - 06:57 PM.

35n6a83.png
userbar_classic.png

Thanks BK for the sig

Packers 10-6 Bulls 25-19 Blackhawks 33-16-4

2nd NFC North 2nd Central 1st Central

Lost Div -- --

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users