Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

Yuuzhon Vong are droid hating aliens from outside known space. They are from a line of books that were very well written where the Solo kids and other younger jedi were starting to come into their own. I doubt (and I hope not) that they are in this upcoming movie. I THINK this movie will be more about establishing a third generation of skywalker (or solo---skywalker's grandchildren in other words) to the fans.

On a side note I'd love to see at least small bit roles by Corran Horn and Mara Jade (and I'd be shocked if they hadn't married her to Luke like in the books though) in the movie. Horn is by far my favorite non-canon character.

The Vong were also all-but-immune to the Force, that was their big thing. (I believe Luke was able to move one about two feet using everything he had, so not completely immune to it, but for all intents and purposes, they were immune to it.) It was very hard for the Jedi to deal with them at first.

The cool thing about the Vong was that all their weapons and ships and technology were alive. They had a symbiotic relationship with their ships, and their weapons.

Mara Jade is hands down my favorite character from the books.

And um, Corran Horn is very much canon. All of the books in the main storyline are canon. They may be about to retcon them, but atm, they are canon.

Edited by Thanatos19

And Thanatos I guess what I was saying about Corran Horn is that he wasn't included in any of the movies nor was he included in any of the clone wars cartoons ....so he isn't etched in stone anywhere. Now that the movies are going into a time period where Horn was playing an important role I am very interested to see if he makes an appearance. Here is a picture of Horn from the cover of the book "I, Jedi".

corran-horn-300x194.jpg

And if by chance anyone didn't know what Mara looks like there were actually several 'official' photos done of her several years ago.

mara_jade.jpg

I really can't see them doing the Yuuzhan Vong. You really think the first movie is going to open with a book where

a principal character and fan favorite dies? The only reason it worked in the book was because you had grown to appreciate the character he dies saving.

The Vong series was specifically to shake things up and tell people "hey, all those people you thought were safe? Yeah well, they aren't."

The characters haven't been touched in a major media (not counting the books, or Revenge of the Sith) in 30+ years. I guess it all boils down to whether or not the focus is the casual fan or people who have somewhat delved into the lore a bit.

Like you brought up though, I'm really curious to see, if they indeed choose to go a different route compared to the books, how they do it without screwing with the timeline.

Character speculation:

I wonder if we see Boba Fett. He's still alive by the time the movie is gonna take place right? That would be a pretty cool addition, again, if they can do it without screwing with the timeline.

I really wish that SuperShadow still worked.....the two star wars movies before ...attack of the clones and revenge of the sith they actually had very close to the plot lines there a few months before the movies. Up until about 2 months ago there was a tentative plot line for star wars 7 too.....but suddenly not only is it gone but the whole website is suddenly gone and the domain name is for sale.

for those not familiar or who never got a chance to check it out before:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Shadow

and contrary to what it says in the article before the movies ever came out the plot lines given were almost verbatim to what ended up on the big screen. But unfortunately doesn't look like anything going to be leaked right now at least. In any event whether the vast majority of stuff was bogus or not .....there was a lot of stuff interesting at the time.

Edited by southgadawg

You arent seriously saying SuperShadow is a credible source?

He's a complete and utter hackjob lol. It's basically the same as the Bob guy who posts rumors about the NFL.

SuperShadow also claims the sequels will feature a battle between an aged Mace Windu and Boba Fett, where Fett "finally gets his revenge" against Windu for the death of his father. This, however, would be impossible, as Windu is canonically dead. However, SuperShadow insists that Windu survived both Palpatine's Force lightning attack and the subsequent fall from his office window, and went into hiding

Just one of his many insane theories.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

that isn't exactly what i said...i did say that some of the stuff was interesting and that BEFORE the last two movies came out there were plot lines posted there that were very very close to the final plots as presented in the movies. Just going by my 'old' memory since we are talking about several years ago but I want to say that many scenes from revenge of the sith were verbatim to what was in the movie a few months before it came out on the big screen. Where the stuff came from I have no clue. I readily admit that much of the stuff was bogus. Thanatos are you speaking from what you read only on wookieepedia (which is decidedly very negative toward him and i only posted it because it did at least authenticate that a site however dubious was up for quite some time)? or did you ever go to the website years ago and read some of the things that were posted? And by no means am I knocking your opinion of it either...just curious if you had ever visited the website in the years past.

oh and call me sheltered...but i have never heard of bob seriously.

Edited by southgadawg

I was told about it by a friend and went there, and I distinctly remember the specific part in wookiepedia that I quoted.

I was told about it by a friend and went there, and I distinctly remember the specific part in wookiepedia that I quoted.

Kewl. As I said earlier I never said everything that was posted there was factual and that there was definitely bogus stuff there. My comments were about how well approximating the plots were months before the movies came out. As I said though I wish the site was still up because I found many posts there interesting. I guess what is interesting to me just wasn't as interesting to you and that you either didn't read the plot details that he had...or don't recall them. In either case no biggie.

The big thing is until we get something 'official' all kinds of star wars fans will guess and suppose at what the new movie will contain. I don't think that is a bad thing.

No but I mean this guy was just a hack. He told everyone he was close friends with Lucas, and I believe he even had the gall to post, (or have someone else post), as George Lucas himself and act like he was buddy buddy with the dude.

I'm not mad at you or anything, its just people who put words in others mouths just to try to gain power really, really, rub me the wrong way.

Even if Windu survived, it'd be like 50 years later...

You arent seriously saying SuperShadow is a credible source?

He's a complete and utter hackjob lol. It's basically the same as the Bob guy who posts rumors about the NFL.

SuperShadow also claims the sequels will feature a battle between an aged Mace Windu and Boba Fett, where Fett "finally gets his revenge" against Windu for the death of his father. This, however, would be impossible, as Windu is canonically dead. However, SuperShadow insists that Windu survived both Palpatine's Force lightning attack and the subsequent fall from his office window, and went into hiding

Just one of his many insane theories.

I love this theory. :laugh:

You can't kill Sam mother fuckin' Jackson.

• Upvote 1

If fucking Darth Maul survived, then Mace Windu could survive. I don't think either of them should have been able to survive (at this point Mace didn't), but it's a fair point.

I think a Jedi Master could survive falling out of a window.

Also, how the fuck old was Yoda?

We may be headed to a galaxy far, far away, but the characters are looking very much the same. With production already started on "Star Wars: Episode 7," Disney exec Alan Horn admitted that casting was still being solidified. Well, here's another puzzle piece put into place.

THR reports that the sixty-nine year-old Peter Mayhew will return as Chewbacca.

Edited by Favre4Ever

As long as there is no Jar Jar Binks, I'm cool.

Episode VIII: The Disney/Pixar thriller where Jar Jar becomes a Sith Lord. :yep:

I hate Jar Jar. So damn annoying.

Also, I thought I used to be a Star Wars nerd as a kid. That turns out to be wrong considering the knowledge level of this book.

Gonna be really interesting to see where the go with the story now that Lucasfilm blew up the EU.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce.jpg

April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Edited by Vin

http://starwars.com/news/gareth-edwards-and-gary-whitta-onboard-for-star-wars-stand-alone-film.html

May 22, 2014

In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited and honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm," said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

:megusta:

So on a Lions forum we are having a discussion about the greatest movie of all time, and are creating a bracket for it, and having everyone compile a list of their top 20 movies.

Episodes 4, 5, 6 (the originals) are getting mentions by everyone, whereas non of the newer episodes 1, 2, 3 have gotten even one mention outside of myself who put down episode 1 (my ranking is in no particular order).

So the question I posed over there and barely got a response, and I'm posing here is why is that? Why is it that a lot of people seem to prefer the older ones far more then the newer ones?

Not for arguing sake by any means, but more cause I'm actually curious.

I had a number of issues with the "new" trilogy. None of the involve Ewan McGregor who single handily made the trilogy watchable. He freaking nailed Obi wan. Secondly, Let me say that, on some level, I liked them all. I own them all and I still watch them all and have shown them to my kid.

There was a lot of issues with the original trilogy. The plot was lackluster in that you just don't have enough of the background info to give a shit. It COULD have been the highlight of the whole trilogy. In that I mean, Palpatine's power play is a stroke of genius and if they spent the trilogy showing us WAY more of that and way less of the Anakin becoming Vader plot line, especially because the acting was really bad by the lead, I think the movies could have been really really good. Instead we are left with little glimpses of the plan, and a big convoluted war going on in the background that the audience is only half understanding. There's more but that's how I think they could have been way better.

So the question I posed over there and barely got a response, and I'm posing here is why is that? Why is it that a lot of people seem to prefer the older ones far more then the newer ones?

Because the older ones are better. I don't think the newer ones are a complete train wreck, but the quality is a lot worse. Calling Episode 6 one of the best movies ever is a pretty big stretch too.