Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Disney buys LucasFilm

Enough with the remakes, reboots, and 30-year-gap sequels.

Hey, if you're unhappy with reboots and remakes and sequels, read a book! (BTW, more than likely if it's popular enough it will eventually be turned into a movie, lulz)

• Downvote 1

Hey, if you're unhappy with reboots and remakes and sequels, read a book! (BTW, more than likely if it's popular enough it will eventually be turned into a movie, lulz)

I like how you assume I don't already read, lmfao.

• Upvote 1

I like how you assume I don't already read, lmfao.

I was suggesting you read more, instead of going to see stuff that's been done before or continuations if you're complaining about it.

I was suggesting you read more, instead of going to see stuff that's been done before or continuations if you're complaining about it.

I don't go see them. Again with the assumptions. :yao:

It's not unreasonable to want original ideas, and I am definitely not the only one with this train of thought.

in case anyone wants to get caught up real quick:

http://www.starwars.com/news/christopher-miller-and-phil-lord-to-helm-han-solo-anthology-film?linkId=15374280

The next adventure in the Anthology series of Star Wars films will be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, whose credits include the critically acclaimed The LEGO Movie and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, as well as 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. Among the most sought-after filmmakers working today, the two have proven a formidable duo on the multiple films they’ve collaborated on and are looking forward to applying their unique creative chemistry to the Star Wars universe.

“This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with. We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us. This is a dream come true for us. And not the kind of dream where you’re late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding, but the kind of dream where you get to make a film with some of the greatest characters ever, in a film franchise you’ve loved since before you can remember having dreams at all.”

The screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan. The story focuses on how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley.

Lawrence Kasdan, the writer and director known for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Big Chill, and Grand Canyon, is familiar to Star Wars fans for having co-written the screenplays for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens. His son Jon Kasdan wrote and directed The First Time, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and In the Land of Women, as well as writing for the television series Freaks and Geeks and Dawson’s Creek.

“We’re so excited to be working with Chris and Phil, who will bring a fresh new dimension to the Star Wars universe,” said the Kasdans. “They’re two of the smartest, funniest and most original filmmakers around, and the ideal choice to tell the story of Han Solo, one of the coolest characters in the galaxy.”

Kathleen Kennedy, who will be producing, says she can’t wait to discover what’s in store from these two extraordinary teams of directors and writers.

“It’s not just any filmmaker who can tell the story of such a beloved icon like Han Solo, and I’m excited to say we’ve found the perfect team to handle the task. Larry and Jon know all there is to know about the character, and Chris and Phil will bring their wit, style, energy and heart to tell Han’s story.”

Slated for a May 25, 2018 release, the film will be executive produced by Lawrence Kasdan and Jason McGatlin and co-produced by Will Allegra.

star-wars.jpg

still image from the new teaser posted to Instagram (not sure how to post stuff directly from instagram and I can't find any other form of the video)

Edited by oochymp

Ya, why the hell do they want to bring all these people back? Stop it... Stop messing with a good thing. People from the original trilogy? Sweet. People from the 2nd trilogy? Please no.

wait, we already have a 63 year old Mark Hamill playing Luke in Episode VII, why do we want 34 year old playing Anakin in Episode VIII? :blink:

Edited by oochymp

How does that even work?

liamneesonwhywhywhywhy.gif

Probably thinking about bringing in some time travel shenanigans? It's just a rumor. It's a rumor for a reason... just clickbait.

tumblr_m4kls5MwMO1rwla5to1_500.jpg

I've never seen this picture before and it made me literally laugh out loud.

--

As far as Anakin goes, my guess is Force Ghost. There's flashback potential there, but the important 'wtf' here is that Hayden Christensen is probably the worst thing ever, and no incarnation of him in these films is gonna be good.

Best Anakin :smug:

jake_lloyd_mugshot.jpg

Lucas already shoehorned him as a Force Ghost into one of the RotJ special editions. I would like to think that everyone has moved on from that...

I still enjoyed the prequel movies but I haven't seen any of them in like 10 years or more. I'm not the kind of guy to watch movies a bunch or times. I was a big fan of McGregor's Obi Wan. The dude who played adult Anakin was a little stiff but I've read a big part of that was the directing. I thought he was better in other movies :shrug:

Anyway, I'm excited for this new trilogy. I'm a fan of Abrams. I think he'll do this justice. They picked the right guy to reboot Star Wars.

Edited by seanbrock

star-wars-force-awakens-posterjpg-1b1357

Dope ass poster. Can't wait to see the film!! Only two months away!! (A trailer is supposed to hit today too I think.)

Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Upvote 1

No Luke Skywalker? Death Star 3.0?

Yeah, I'm just as pumped for tonight's trailer as I am for the game. :chip: