AllYouNeedIsLovie

Cards sign WR Mike Thomas

Depends what it is...

3rd Rounder - Way too much, Jags win

4th Rounder - Too much, slight win for Jags

5th Rounder - About even, maybe ever so slightly towards Detroit

6th or 7th - Detroit wins

• Upvote 1

Good for both teams. The Jags get rid of him, and the Lions get a player that should benefit from a change of scenery and rebound from his recent bout of suck.

And of course he'll probably do something this weekend that will cause the Jags to lose.

Edited by Vin

Mike Thomas - WR - Lions

Oct 30 - 4:30 PM

Lions acquired WR/PR Mike Thomas from the Jaguars in exchange for an undisclosed mid-round draft pick.

It's an understandable trade from Jacksonville's point of view. Thomas failed to endear himself to Mike Mularkey's coaching staff, wasn't worthy of his $4.95 million in salary and bonuses, and had fallen far behind emerging go-to receiver Cecil Shorts. Although Thomas will provide depth in Detroit at wide receiver and punt returner, he doesn't figure to be a threat to Ryan Broyles' slot receiver role. Broyles has impressed since Nate Burleson went down two weeks ago. With an average of 11 targets, six receptions and 97.5 yards the past two weeks, Shorts should be added in 12-team leagues.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

Edited by Smell My Face

Mike Thomas - WR - Lions

Oct 30 - 7:08 PM

The Lions were reportedly "highly interested" in Mike Thomas coming out of Arizona in the 2009 draft.

They ended up drafting Derrick Williams instead, only to turn around and dump him last season. Thomas is expected to fill a wide variety of roles in Detroit, including the occasional backfield snap "in a Jahvid Best-type role." We suspect his biggest on-field impact will come on returns, as Stefan Logan has come under fire for a trio of recent fumbles.

Source: Detroit Free Press

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

So its our attempt at adding a Percy Harvin to our offense? IDK if I'm looking forward to this. IDK what it is with Mayhew and his obsession with undersized receivers who probably have more value at slot then any other position.

If he can take over Logan's spot he'll be an epic win regardless of how successful he is.

Oh my god, if the Lions think Mike Thomas is anything like Best or Harvin they're in for a very rude awakening. Dude ran a 4.3 in the combine which is probably why they think they can do that with him, but on the field he's very very average speed wise. He can't run by guys at all, and with all the Bubble Screens the Jags ran last year to him, he couldn't make one guy miss, ever, and it almost always resulted in a 2 yard gain—if that.

Detroit doesn't have a 4th round pick this coming year, so it has to be a 5th, if it's a 3rd, that's just insane. He was drafted in the 4th. Not to mention he's making 1.5 mill less than Greg Jennings.

Like Vin said, he'll likely improve some with the change of scenery, but he has trouble with hard throwing QBs (like Gabbert, and I'm assuming Stafford?) He did better with Garrard who throws a soft ball. His biggest problem though, is effort, he quit on the Jags last year, and with a back-up role this year, seems unfocused, he leads the Jags in drops.

Still, I appreciate the big plays he made with the Jags when he was here, hope he pans out for you guys in Detroit. I do feel like the Jags won this trade though. We'll see how it pans out for y'all, I got the Lions winning this game regardless, Jags are terrible at home this year.

He was pretty decent last year, he should see a lot of openings with teams being all over Calvin.

He was pretty decent last year, he should see a lot of openings with teams being all over Calvin.

Last year? He was terrible last year. It was actually his worst year as a pro in his short career. His rookie year was better. His best year was 2010. 66 catches for 820 yds, 4 TDs, then he got paid and then flopped the next year. Continued his flop play this year as well, 13 catches for 80 yards.

Interested to see what he can do with Stafford though. I mean, I don't think he can get worse so it's all up from here right?

Wonder what he'llbe able to do in Detroit without anyone paying attention to him.

Thanks for the fifth, Detroit.

Lions released WR Mike Thomas.

Less than 12 months after sending the Jags a 2014 fifth-round pick for Thomas, the Lions are throwing in the towel. He couldn't earn consistent snaps even with several injuries in Detroit's receiver corps late last year, and struggled in 2013 training camp. Still only 26, Thomas should get another shot.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Cardinals signed WR Mike Thomas.

Thomas was released by the Lions just 24 hours ago. Thomas doesn't have much time to make an impression, but the Cardinals are unsettled at their fourth and fifth receiver spots.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

:superbowl:

I've seen some good plays from Mike Thomas. Seemed to be a talented player by very inconsistent and streaky. Hopefully he works out with the Cards.