baltimoreravens

Who are your contenders?

The Bears D got Rex-fucking-Grossman to the title game, lol. Could happen again, though I think they'd get their asses kicked by Houston or Pittsburgh with Ben. I think the Ravens and Broncos would be a toss-up with their QBs and the Patriots would get fucked.

• Upvote 1

The toughest team we faced was Denver...which beat New Orleans. We can only play the teams on our schedule.

Now tell me...who saw the Falcons being 8-1 at week 10 before the season started?

I had us being 6-3 AT BEST at this point coming into the season. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Broncos I all had chalked up as losses already.

So many teams we've faced are having down years, and there's nothing we can do to change about that other than take advantage of it. You won't find me saying anywhere that we're winning the SB this year. We haven't played our best football ONCE this year and we are still 8-1. All that matters to me is that we're at our best going into where it counts and that's the playoffs.

All I'm saying is...I trust the Bears defense to score more points than your offense. It's inconsitent and unreliable, and it starts with Jay Cutler.

Most of my post was more directed to ricky. Denver in week two is a lot different than Denver a couple weeks or a few weeks ago. Also true story Cutler in the fourth quarter is the highest rated QB. Now if he did not have shitty first quarters lol....

I would say with ben out it really decreases the steelers chances. Even if it is only one game ans Baltimore can pull the win out then they are really hurting for the division. If they are out 3 and play us at home again it could get ugly. We havent lost at home in a long time and even Big Ben has trouble there so I dont see leftwich taking it.

1.:Texans: Think they are the most complete team on both sides of the ball. The offense and defense is highly talented.

2.:Packers: They aren't playing as amazing as last year, but they are still finding ways to win games even with their injury bug. They really are suppose to be 7-2 but the fail refs screwed that up. The Packers putting a whooping on the Texans @ home(the most complete team in the nfl imo) showed that they are here. As long as they have Rodgers at the helm, they can make a run and have a good chance in winning.

3.:49ers: Their defense is spectacular and their offense is sound.

4.:Falcons: If regular season success translated to the play offs, I would have Falcons higher. They are the hottest team right now but it's hard for me to put them high as a super bowl contender when they never win their 1st play off game. They have the talent to make it to the super bowl every year, they just have to put it together in the play offs. If they continue playing like this into the play offs, they could get far.

5.:Patriots: Tom Fucking Brady. As long as they have this guy and putting up 30 points a game, they are still a huge threat. They lost some games they shouldn't have (all teams do at some point), but they know how to win in the play offs. Not writing them off.

6.:Bears: The way the Bears(defense) are playing now, they are the most dangerous team in the NFL. Their defense is forcing turnovers AND putting points on the board. That's huge in ball games. The only thing is this defense can't have a bad game in the play offs. I'm not saying Cutler can't carry them because he can play well. Cutler is just a flip of a coin and I wouldn't put my money on that.

7.:Broncos: Peyton is playing like he's in his prime orchestrating his offense. Watching him orchestrate drives is like art sometimes. Great reads, throws, adjustments; just enjoying watching him play the game and glad that he's back in the league. Peyton has been amazing outside of one game (falcons) which he was closing in on the deficit. One more drive and I think they would have won. With that said, I could see the Broncos making some noise in the play offs.

8.:Giants: This is another team you can never write off. They are playing bad now (which they usually do in November) but we all know this team can get hot and take that into the play offs.

9.:Ravens: Defensive culture change for this team being one of the worst in the league now (losing Webb didn't help). They have 3 division games left. Steelers twice (but no Ben), Broncos and the Giants in December. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. Oh yeah, they need to use Ray Rice more.

10. :Colts:

This 10th spot was hard for me. It was between the :Steelers: and :Colts:. I'm going with the Colts on this one. The Steelers are without Big Ben with no time table on this return and they have 5 division games left; Baltimore twice in 3 weeks. Idk if Leftwich can carry them through all that and who knows if Big Ben would even be back if they did make it into the play offs. Can't put my money down on uncertainty. The Colts have 3 hard games left against the Patriots and Houston twice. They have a chance to squeeze into the play offs. I'd like to see Luck in his 1st year seeing how he fairs in a a play off atmosphere.

Edited by dutchff7

The Bears D got Rex-fucking-Grossman to the title game, lol. Could happen again, though I think they'd get their asses kicked by Houston or Pittsburgh with Ben. I think the Ravens and Broncos would be a toss-up with their QBs and the Patriots would get fucked.

Not denying it can't happen but the NFC was very weak that year. Much weaker than it is this year.

Here are mine:

10. :Steelers: - Like the Bears they've started to look really good, but there are still some issues there, especially when it comes to injuries.

09. :Ravens: - Maybe this is a homer pick but I think we have a shot just as we always do. With a weak AFC I don't see us missing the playoffs and we always do well in the playoffs. If we can conquer our troubles on the road we can beat anyone.

08. :Falcons: - Despite being undefeated, Matt Ryan has never proven himself in the post-season. This could be the year, but it just as easily could not.

07. :Broncos: - Peyton. Manning. That is all.

06. :Giants: - They did it last year. They've struggled a bit more recently, but let's remember that they were pretty mediocre last year and still pulled off the wins when it mattered.

05. :Patriots: - It's the Patriots. You can never rule them out.

04. :Packers: - People should not write them off at all. I think they're going to get healthier and really hit their stride when it counts.

03. :Bears: - Recently they've been one of the most impressive teams in terms of destroying lesser ones. But can Cutler take them all the way?

02. :49ers: - Barring a few anomaly loses they've been one of the more consistent teams and could make a run much like they did last year.

01. :Texans: - They look like one of the best teams right now, and if they stay healthy they have a really decent shot.

Gonna update mine...

08. :Packers:

07. :Falcons:

06. :Patriots:

05. :Ravens:

04. :Broncos:

03. :Giants:

02. :49ers:

01. :Texans:

1.:Texans: Think they are the most complete team on both sides of the ball. The offense and defense is highly talented.

2.:Packers: They aren't playing as amazing as last year, but they are still finding ways to win games even with their injury bug. They really are suppose to be 7-2 but the fail refs screwed that up. The Packers putting a whooping on the Texans @ home(the most complete team in the nfl imo) showed that they are here. As long as they have Rodgers at the helm, they can make a run and have a good chance in winning.

3.:49ers: Their defense is spectacular and their offense is sound.

4.:Falcons: If regular season success translated to the play offs, I would have Falcons higher. They are the hottest team right now but it's hard for me to put them high as a super bowl contender when they never win their 1st play off game. They have the talent to make it to the super bowl every year, they just have to put it together in the play offs. If they continue playing like this into the play offs, they could get far.

5.:Patriots: Tom Fucking Brady. As long as they have this guy and putting up 30 points a game, they are still a huge threat. They lost some games they shouldn't have (all teams do at some point), but they know how to win in the play offs. Not writing them off.

6.:Bears: The way the Bears(defense) are playing now, they are the most dangerous team in the NFL. Their defense is forcing turnovers AND putting points on the board. That's huge in ball games. The only thing is this defense can't have a bad game in the play offs. I'm not saying Cutler can't carry them because he can play well. Cutler is just a flip of a coin and I wouldn't put my money on that.

7.:Broncos: Peyton is playing like he's in his prime orchestrating his offense. Watching him orchestrate drives is like art sometimes. Great reads, throws, adjustments; just enjoying watching him play the game and glad that he's back in the league. Peyton has been amazing outside of one game (falcons) which he was closing in on the deficit. One more drive and I think they would have won. With that said, I could see the Broncos making some noise in the play offs.

8.:Giants: This is another team you can never write off. They are playing bad now (which they usually do in November) but we all know this team can get hot and take that into the play offs.

9.:Ravens: Defensive culture change for this team being one of the worst in the league now (losing Webb didn't help). They have 3 division games left. Steelers twice (but no Ben), Broncos and the Giants in December. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. Oh yeah, they need to use Ray Rice more.

10. :Colts:

This 10th spot was hard for me. It was between the :Steelers: and :Colts:. I'm going with the Colts on this one. The Steelers are without Big Ben with no time table on this return and they have 5 division games left; Baltimore twice in 3 weeks. Idk if Leftwich can carry them through all that and who knows if Big Ben would even be back if they did make it into the play offs. Can't put my money down on uncertainty. The Colts have 3 hard games left against the Patriots and Houston twice. They have a chance to squeeze into the play offs. I'd like to see Luck in his 1st year seeing how he fairs in a a play off atmosphere.

Making a few changes to mines as well:

1:texans:

2 :49ers: 49ers look even more dangerous with Kaepernick at QB especially if he continues playing at this level. If he does continue playing at this high level, they may be my superbowl favorites. :ninja:

3.:Packers:

4.:Patriots: Patriots are hot right now scoring over 40 points in 3 of their last 4 games. They don't have much competition in the AFC either.

5.:Giants: I had them a little low before. They reminded me this past week why they are the superbowl champions.

6. :Falcons:

7. :Broncos:

8. :Bears:

9. :Ravens:

10 :Colts: / :Steelers: If Big Ben comes back, then the Steelers get in. If not, Colts.

Edited by dutchff7

If by contenders we mean possible Super Bowl winners, I don't even see ten anymore.

Patriots, 49ers, Texans, Broncos, Packers, Giants, Bears, Falcons.

(Not in that order).

Anyone else would be a shock to me.

If by contenders we mean possible Super Bowl winners, I don't even see ten anymore.

(Not in that order).

If that's the case, I'd take your list minus the Bears. They may make some noise knocking someone out the play offs but I don't think they will make it to the big game. Relying waaaay too much on that defense to be awesome every game in the play offs. Not sure that happens.

(Not in that order).

Ravens are 9-2 and Ray Lewis will probably be back from his injury. They should have a decent chance.

Big Ben may be back this week and I think if he is there for the Steelers, he will lead them to the playoffs where they'll have a decent chance if he stays healthy.

Ravens are 9-2 and Ray Lewis will probably be back from his injury. They should have a decent chance.

Big Ben may be back this week and I think if he is there for the Steelers, he will lead them to the playoffs where they'll have a decent chance if he stays healthy.

Ravens aren't making the SB, Ray Lewis or no Ray Lewis. :nope:

The Steelers aren't making the playoffs if Ben doesn't get back soon, much less be SB contenders.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Making a few changes to mines as well:

1:texans:

2 :49ers: 49ers look even more dangerous with Kaepernick at QB especially if he continues playing at this level. If he does continue playing at this high level, they may be my superbowl favorites. :ninja:

3.:Packers:

4.:Patriots: Patriots are hot right now scoring over 40 points in 3 of their last 4 games. They don't have much competition in the AFC either.

5.:Giants: I had them a little low before. They reminded me this past week why they are the superbowl champions.

6. :Falcons:

7. :Broncos:

8. :Bears:

9. :Ravens:

10 :Colts: / :Steelers: If Big Ben comes back, then the Steelers get in. If not, Colts.

Updating

1.:Patriots: Easily the most dangerous team in football (without gronk)

2. :Broncos: Peyton and crew have the longest win streak in the league with 8 straight wins. I think 1 & 2 will be in the AFCCG.

3. :49ers: I love the potential of Kaepernick. Curious to see how he fairs going into the play offs for the 1st time; completely different atmosphere. Also have an elite defense.

4. :Packers: The Packers don't seem to be the same unstoppable amazing offense like the last two years but they are still a top caliber team and always have a chance to win a Lombardi Trophy as long as they have Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

5. :Texans: The Texans beat everyone they were suppose to beat on their schedule but they didn't show up and lost against other high caliber teams BADLY with the Ravens being the only exception (don't think the Ravens going far in the play offs anyway).

6. :Giants: If they get into the play offs, we all know what they can do.

7. :Falcons: They probably deserve to be higher but I like the chances of the other teams having more experience being deep into the play offs.

8. :Steelers:

9. :Ravens: Not the same defense of old, Flacco has been playing below average (under 200 yards last 4+ games?) and until they utilize Ray Rice to help them win games, don't trust them.

10. :Colts: People talk about Lucks stats, Ints, completion % etc. The main stat that they aren't paying attention to is the WIN stat. He has I believe SIX come back victories this year. He may make mistakes through out the course of a game (what rookie doesn't?) but he finds ways to win games at the end which is really ALL that matters. He's also throwing a SHIT load of passes and doing great in YPG.

Honorable Mention: :Seahawks: If they get a wild card, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sent someone home. Seahawks are on the rise and will be good for a while under that elite defense; 2nd favorite defense in the league behind the 49ers.

Edited by dutchff7

Ravens are a contender now if Caldwell has any idea how to run their offense.

So are the Seahawks.

Steelers are still there, but they are close to being discarded.

:AFC:

1. Patriots

2. Broncos

3. Texans

4. Ravens

5. Steelers

:NFC:

1. Giants

2. Falcons

3. 49ers

4. Packers

5. Seahawks

This is not in order of the best team, just in order of best playoff team- how they match up with everyone else.

Got to agree here. The Seahawks defense may and probably will play great but I don't see Russell Wilson being able to do what he has been doing to the Chicago Bears. I have a feeling the Bears will eat the rookie alive.

d5dd043865a29027f62c859825d4735d_full.jpg

Mine are (in no particular order)

Texans

Patriots

Giants

Packers

Falcons

And if their qbs can play:

Bears

Steelers

My new list:

Texans

Patriots

Packers

49ers (thank you Kaepernick)

Falcons

One of those teams will win the super bowl or your money back.

My new list:

Texans

Patriots

Packers

49ers (thank you Kaepernick)

Falcons

One of those teams will win the super bowl or your money back.

Counting the G-men out already is not a good idea. That loss to the Falcons was entirely intentional. They are lulling everyone into a false sense of security.

Remember, the other tradition of the Tom Coughlin Giants is doing great in the first half of the season and collapsing down the stretch.