Piggly Wiggly

2012-13 College Basketball Season

DeShaun Thomas :megusta:

That Michigan/OSU game last night was awesome. Both teams are pretty good, they should both go far in the tourney. Also how about Florida getting blown out at Arkansas? Terrible performance by Florida but Arkansas is a really good team IMO, especially at home.

Duke barely squeaked by lolBC tonight. :yao: BC was up 5 with about a minute left, and choked on their dicks the rest of the way lol.

And yet, Duke will most likely find themselves #1 in the polls this week. Shows how weak and wide open college hoops is this year.

I can't tell if Minnesota is slipping into mediocrity or if they are just in an incredibly formidable/competitive conference this year. The Big Ten certainly seems significantly stronger than it has in years past. What do you guys think?

I can't tell if Minnesota is slipping into mediocrity or if they are just in an incredibly formidable/competitive conference this year. The Big Ten certainly seems significantly stronger than it has in years past. What do you guys think?

Despite some teams struggles the B10 is easily the best conference.

The B1G is such a mess this year. Illinois and Wisconsin have both been losing to horrible teams, but have both beaten good teams like Indiana, Michigan, and Minnesota. I am really hoping that my Illini are back for real right now. I expect the Big Ten to do well come tourney time. IU, UMich, Minny, MSU, OSU should all go far. Illini and Wisky are so unpredictable that they could lose right away or could make a huge run. Think about it though: one conference has 5 teams poised to go far and could have up to 7.

Told Rick that Duke would lose to Maryland. :devious:

Bunch of fucking frauds Duke is.

Meanwhile, UNC dropped 93 on one of the toughest defensive teams in the country. :megusta:

That was Maryland's Super Bowl. Fucking hate the Terps and can't wait until they are out of the ACC.

And Duke is far from frauds. They've only lost true road games which there are none of in the NCAA Tournament.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

lol, classic ''IT WAS DER SUPER BOWL!!!11'' excuse by Ricky.

Duke just isn't that good this year, brosario. Although, not many teams are, so don't feel too bad lol.

Mizzou with the win over Florida! Definitely outplayed for most of the game, but fought back hard.

UNC-NC State game was pretty damn good today. UNC went on a huge run late to get the W. Grittiest effort I've seen by the Heels this year. As long as they take care of business in the next several games, they'll make the tourney.

I am pissed. I don't know if any of you watched Michigan-Illinois today on ESPN, but we had the talent to win that game. This is one of the more frustrating teams to watch. The talent level is there, but they just don't want it bad enough.

Much better 2nd half by Ohio State. State wins 68-60.

Does this say more about Minnesota or Indiana? That's my question.

Hopefully, it makes people realize that Minnesota is still the good team that we were earlier. The announcers pointed this out - we have the toughest schedule in the country. We definitely hit a bad snag with some ugly losses to Iowa and Northwestern (among others), but I think we're still one of the better B1G teams.

Does this say more about Minnesota or Indiana? That's my question.

Minnesota.

Indiana's loss opens the door for Gonzaga (currently ranked #2) to take the top ranking, anyone know the last time a non-major conference team was ranked #1? ever? or will someone else jump them and prevent that from happening?

Edited by oochymp

Refs came out and basically said they fucked the Cyclones in their OT loss to Kansas. Definitely makes me feel better -- not.

Indiana's loss opens the door for Gonzaga (currently ranked #2) to take the top ranking, anyone know the last time a non-major conference team was ranked #1? ever? or will someone else jump them and prevent that from happening?

Duke will go back to being ranked 1st if they beat UVa, and Miami this week. :rolleyes:

Duke will go back to being ranked 1st if they beat UVa, and Miami this week. :rolleyes:

yeah, I could easily see whoever wins Saturday's Duke/Miami game (currently ranked 3 and 5) leapfrogging Gonzaga, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go ahead and give it to Gonzaga because of how much it would mean to that school (and how much do the rankings really matter in college basketball? everyone who's ranked will make the tourney)