karl

It's playoff time

Now, normally I don't typically ask for fantasy advice. Not to sound conceded or toot my own horn, but I like to think I'm pretty awesome at fantasy football. My teams always make playoffs and I've won 5 out of 13 possible championships. But, alas, here I am, stuck in quite the quandary. I have 4 pretty awesome WR's and I have zero clue who to bench. It's an ESPN league so I have WR/WR/FLEX available, I'm using the flex for a WR.

My question to you guys is, who the hell do you bench here?

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Pierre Garcon

Vincent Jackson

I'm open to ALL suggestions.

PS. Go Colts

Mr. Wayne.

The Ravens don't give up a lot of passing TD's and this is without Webb.

Titans give up 24 passing TD's.

Ravens- 10

Eagles: 23 lol

Packers: 18

Edited by BayAreaBomber

This might be easier than you think...but V-Jax is questionable for this week. Otherwise. I'd bench Wayne.

This might be easier than you think...but V-Jax is questionable for this week. Otherwise. I'd bench Wayne.

V-Jax will play and do just fine. He was also listed as questionable before the Saints game where he got 7 catches for 216 yards and a TD. Honestly, I am expecting a big game from him, AT LEAST 100+ yards and TD. The Eagles defense is garbage and has a lot of holes. Plus, V-Jax just went up against 2 good secondaries and is due for a big game.

Edited by ICum4Falcons

Bench Garcon and I don't really think this is a question.

Obviously, you aren't sitting Megatron.

Obviously again, you aren't sitting V-Jax against Philly.

Wayne is the better WR of the two left, and I think has the better matchup as well.

Yes, it is pretty obvious I'm not benching Megatron. But I figure I would paint an entire picture for you guys. Here's where I see the problem:

RG3 is having a monster year in the air, it's been sort of overlooked because of his vickabilities to run plus he doesn't have a star wideout, and every game where Garcon is healthy he drops 17+ (17 in each of his last 2 games). Granted the Ravens don't give a lot of points to the WR's, but part of me thinks this is where RG3 will show everyone he can throw against the best. Between his running tactics and Morris showing some strong running this year that should keep the front 7 up front and the secondary watching for the run. If the front 7 stays forward, Garcon has been a kingpin on the deep slant this year, when he plays, and that will work wonders for the Skins offense. He's always RG3's first target in the red zone and I think that's where it will come into play.

Reggie Wayne hasn't had a game without 3+ catches in 60 games, Colts are at home where Luck seems to gain some kind of magical powers where on the road he's just awful and he's against a terrible Titans defense. Wayne can be hit or miss but like Garcon, he's Luck's favorite red zone target by far.

Jackson has been hot-cold all year. Last week 5 pts and the week before 9 pts. He's susceptible to giant games along with a horrible Philly defense. Since Freeman is far from a terrible QB, I see no definitive reason to bench him either. Same with Garcon, the defense will be watching for the run since Martin is apparently a freaking beast which will leave the middle open to exploit.

Guess it will just depend how I feel tomorrow at 12:59 ;O. Leaning towards benching Garcon after the advice, but something tells me he'll have a pretty big game. Thanks for the halp gentz

This thread is depressing, because it reminds me how terrible I did this year. lol. Good luck to everyone though.

So, who did you decide to bench?

Garcon. Shoulda benched Megatron, who woulda thunk it?

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8934/30363037.png

Meh, at least it wasn't my money league. Good week for 2011 Cam to show up :shrug:

Cam's had 28+ points in the last three games and has been playing lights out in his last four. Its not like this came out of the blue.