ATL_Predator

Titans plan to keep Chris Johnson in 2013

Yesterday I woulda been arguing but not today.

Now I'm being serious-- Titans fans please rank Chris Johnson in the top 5 then. Who do you have him over and why?

The problen i have with this board is the people here are VERY SELECTIVE on giving good graces. Example, CJ runs for 2000 yards with a average oline, and above average offense. Tells everybody he wants to get paid, hes a asshole. MJd does it and no one calls him on anything bad. CJ dreads, slang talk and maybe appearance might be why people look away from him.

Since Mawae left our WHOLE running game has been hurt. CJ has dealt with a bad oline for a couple years now, and bad qb play this year. A bad defense. Ngata says excuses but he will have no problem pointing out why his Ravens offense fails at times due to a bad cordinator. Cant be double standard on that bruh. Most of yall do it too.

Arian Foster was average this year. Alot of TDs but in most games he avgd 3. Something a carry. Why didnt he get a falling off debate? He didnt look the same yet everyone still has him high? No sense but whatever.

My top 5 is AP, Lnych, Charles, CJ who could flip flop with Charles , and then Mccoy.

CJ had four lineman starters out for a couple games towards the end, and no Jared cook. Not to mention how many games we had where we were trailing by 14 or more the whole game. CJ doesnt get a chance to get carries at that moment. Cant use that against him, its our defense. But what im saying is despite being on a peice of shit team this year, bad coaching and all , he still produced. which is what top RBs do. Charles gets a pass why not CJ when he produced with a worse oline? When i say worse i mean run blocking. Titans have the worse interior line in the NFL period. You guys think when i say that its an excuse, no its a REASON. Obviously if CJ had ok blocking like he did before, he showd us what he can do. 2000 yards.

Favre i recall Barry Sanders having the most negative runs in NFL history but he didnt suck? CJ has constantly made history, big runs and good plays in his career. Sure he has negative runs due to defenders being right in his face most of the time he gets the handoff. I dont see such breakdown in blocking then i do when i watch the Titans try to run block. Kinda reminds me of the VOLs. Terrible execution on blocking. But the funny thing is people here will say i cant use the bad oline as a excuse, but yall can use the Cj is only good due to a good oline excuse. Selective double standard. Yall do it alot to players u dont like. If u dont like them its fine but dont get ignorant or double standard because u cant explain why u dont like him.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Chris Johnson is better than Arian Foster and Ray Rice.... Oh boy. Those are some doo doo ass drugs you are taking. :laugh:

I also forgot to point out...

I love your reading ability. It's top notch. You're up to a 2nd grade reading level now, right?

Edited by .AirMcNair.

I love your reading ability. It's top notch. You're up to a 2nd grade reading level now, right?

2nd grade level? They can read that good in Iowa?

2nd grade level? They can read that good in Iowa?

lol. Ooh the irony.

Yes they can read that well in Iowa.

You would use good if you were describing a noun and using good as an adjective.

Example: Farve4Ever is a good reader.

In this case you are trying to use and adjective phrase to describe the act of reading. Reading is a verb thus you would have to use an adverb phrase. The one most appropriate in this situation would be well. I have already given you an example.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

lol. Ooh the irony.

Yes they can read that well in Iowa.

You would use good if you were describing a noun and using good as an adjective.

Example: Farve4Ever is a good reader.

In this case you are trying to use and adjective phrase to describe the act of reading. Reading is a verb thus you would have to use and adverb phrase. The one most appropriate in this situation would be well. I have already given you an example.

Just a joke there. No need to explain anything.

Just a joke there. No need to explain anything.

It's funny because you're attacking him, insinuating that Iowans can't read well, and then you don't even know 3rd grade grammar. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

The idea that Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Ray Rice are not better backs than Chris Johnson is absolutely and completely laughable. Again, if only Titans fans think this, I think that might be a sign that perhaps your bias is getting in the way of simple logic.

Foster definitely wasn't up to his usual self this year. This might have something to do with the heart murmur he was having, or maybe it has something to do that in the games where he has a low yardage, the Texans were getting smoked, so they went away from the run-game. Still, yes, he was off a bit from his usual pace.

Your idea of us having this vendetta against Chris Johnson is also funny, considering we had a HUGE conversation in the shoutbox over MJD being an ass by asking for more money- now I tend to consider he does deserve a far larger contract, given they were paying him like 500k or something. But CJ gets paid the highest in league history and then disappears one season and comes back and is average the next.

I'm not at all surprised you're still defending him though. You would find an excuse if he averaged 1 yard a carry. It's never CJ's fault when he does bad, it's always the O-line's fault, but it's never the O-line when he does good, it's all CJ.

Edited by Thanatos19

Somebody has to actually get some kind of real answer out of you. Bay asked who you who you had CJ over in your Top 5. You gave us a Top 3 and then EIGHT (including CJ) players who you call "roughly equal".

You gave us 11 names total, and being that you don't actually want to even go as far as grouping them.. I have a feeling even you know that CJ isn't in the Top 5. Heck. He doesn't make the Top 10 of the 11 names you gave us.

Those guys you listed are all at least decent outside of Chris Johnson. But they aren't all "roughly equal" either, in my opinion of course. I see numerous tiers within your group of "roughly equal" players.

Spiller has had an AMAZING season and a half or so. I said this earlier in the the season, but I really have no idea where he has come from. He looks like a completely different back. He is quickly rising in the ranks.. but on roughly equal ground as Arian Foster and Ray Rice? Not quite, in my book.

Stevan Ridley is another guy I really like. Somebody who I targeted coming out of school as a good sleeper pick for somebody. A guy who is getting better and better and will continue to do so... But again, even on the same level as those guys? Not yet.

Frank Gore is one of the most consistent backs in the league, but fairly different then the other guys mentioned as far as style goes. Not bad in the slightest though and definitely above CJ.

Morris and Martin had exceptional rookie years... But I would like to see more before putting them on even footing with the likes of Foster, Rice, Gore, or even Spiller and Ridley.

Then of course there are players who you missed completely...

MoJo, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte... And I would probably take 40 year old Steven Jackson over Chris Johnson too.

There are other not as flashy backs that I would take over him as well, but those are just some of the bigger names.

I might be going out on a limb.. But my reading comprehension MIGHT improve if you could actually follow through on what others ask to back your point that CJ is clearly a Top 5 back. I don't think it is out of line to ask who you rank behind Chris Johnson.

If we can determine who you put above and below him, it will be a lot easier to gauge and debate the topic.

EDIT for grammatical reasons

Edited by Favre4Ever

Somebody has to actually get some kind of real answer out of you. Bay asked who you who you had CJ over in your Top 5. You gave us a Top 3 and then EIGHT (including CJ) players who you call "roughly equal".

You gave us 11 names total, and being that you don't actually want to even group them.. I have a feeling even you know that CJ isn't in the Top 5. Heck. Not in the Top 10.

Those guys you listed are all at least decent outside of Chris Johnson. But they aren't all "roughly equal" either, in my opinion of course. I see numerous tiers within your group of "roughly equals"

Spiller has had an AMAZING season and a half so. He is quickly rising in the ranks.. but on roughly equal ground as Arian Foster and Ray Rice? Not quite.

Stevan Ridley is another guy I really like. A guy who is getting better better... But again, even on the same level as those guys? No.

Frank Gore is one of the most consistent backs in the league, but fairly different then the other guys mentioned. Not bad in the slightest and definitely above CJ.

Morris and Martin had exceptional rookie years... But I would like to see more before putting them on even footing with the likes of Foster, Rice, Gore, or even Spiller and Ridley.

Then of course there are players who you missed completely...

MoJo, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte... And I would probably take 40 year old Steven Jackson over Chris Johnson too.

There are other not as flashy backs that I would take over him as well, but those are just some of the bigger names.

I might be going out on a limb.. But my reading comprehension MIGHT improve if you could actually follow through on what others ask to back your point that CJ is clearly a Top 5 back. I don't think it is out of line to ask who you think CJ is better then. You named

I've posted what I feel about CJ several times. More times than I care to count. Not my fault you guys have a terrible memory.

And you can think whatever you wish. I think CJ could be placed in the top 5. I think he's on equal grounds with those backs I listed. It's not some outlandish statement. There were quite a few backs who played really well this year. I think Peterson, Lynch and Charles were all a step above the rest this year. Peterson probably even a step above those two, but whatever. Past them, though, there were a bunch on the "really good" tier, and there wasn't enough separation between them to really make a definitive list. Put CJ at 10 or whatever if you want to, I don't care. He could go anywhere from 4 to 10 and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

You seem to have serious issues with that, but I'll let you deal with those on your own time. I don't have time for them myself.

Also, just to note, in regards to MJD, McCoy, etc, I thought we were only going off this year. That's what my listing was based on. They didn't play enough to qualify. If they were healthy the entire year, who knows what would have happened.

I've posted what I feel about CJ several times. More times than I care to count. Not my fault you guys have a terrible memory.

And you can think whatever you wish. I think CJ could be placed in the top 5. I think he's on equal grounds with those backs I listed. It's not some outlandish statement. There were quite a few backs who played really well this year. I think Peterson, Lynch and Charles were all a step above the rest this year. Peterson probably even a step above those two, but whatever. Past them, though, there were a bunch on the "really good" tier, and there wasn't enough separation between them to really make a definitive list. Put CJ at 10 or whatever if you want to, I don't care. He could go anywhere from 4 to 10 and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

You seem to have serious issues with that, but I'll let you deal with those on your own time. I don't have time for them myself.

Also, just to note, in regards to MJD, McCoy, etc, I thought we were only going off this year. That's what my listing was based on. They didn't play enough to qualify. If they were healthy the entire year, who knows what would have happened.

"Serious issue" is a bit of an over dramatization, I think. But I do find it somewhat humorous when CJ is called easily a Top 5 RB and then you roll off 11 names. You don't make a point for him at all.. Which is very telling, I think.

Now.. You continue to say you think he is Top 5. Which of the 7 names you posted (excluding the Top 3, obviously) do you put into the Top 5 with Chris Johnson? You don't even need to explain if you don't want, we will get to that later :laugh: . How do you round out that Top 5?

It's funny because you're attacking him, insinuating that Iowans can't read well, and then you don't even know 3rd grade grammar. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

The idea that Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Ray Rice are not better backs than Chris Johnson is absolutely and completely laughable. Again, if only Titans fans think this, I think that might be a sign that perhaps your bias is getting in the way of simple logic.

Foster definitely wasn't up to his usual self this year. This might have something to do with the heart murmur he was having, or maybe it has something to do that in the games where he has a low yardage, the Texans were getting smoked, so they went away from the run-game. Still, yes, he was off a bit from his usual pace.

Your idea of us having this vendetta against Chris Johnson is also funny, considering we had a HUGE conversation in the shoutbox over MJD being an ass by asking for more money- now I tend to consider he does deserve a far larger contract, given they were paying him like 500k or something. But CJ gets paid the highest in league history and then disappears one season and comes back and is average the next.

I'm not at all surprised you're still defending him though. You would find an excuse if he averaged 1 yard a carry. It's never CJ's fault when he does bad, it's always the O-line's fault, but it's never the O-line when he does good, it's all CJ.

On the joke, I was completely joking. I didn't attack him, more of a lil joke. He used to do worse to me, trust me haha. I ain mad and I didn't say I couldn't take it? Where did I put a reply where I bashed Ngata? I just said I was joking no need to explain anything.

Laughable? Your opinion. Also me and you have had this convo. CJ is some to blame. Me and Air even said that before but u always ignored it.

Also even if CJ only hit 2000 yards ONCE, how come only 7 RB's in the many years of the NFL have only done that? You don't hit that mark and suck. You have to be good and a top back to do that right? All the names on those 7 players are pretty much top backs?

Looking to now, his first couple of games his stats suck I give u that. People hate on his game for Buffalo too which is soooo funny. Hes good right? So he was supposed to run wild against the Bills. And he did. Discrediting him from that game is retarded. Its taking the shine out of CJ and trying diss him. That's what you and others do. Like oh he ONLY had a 200 yard game vs the Bills sucky run D. ONLY 200 huh? We get picky now? LoL. I understand he got paid high, I know this, ima fan of the team. But when you have zero blocking and almost no passing game, what is he pose to do? You say great backs find a way, well not always. They struggle as well. Barry had struggle games where he was a nonfactor. If he could be considered the greatest and had a bunch of piss poor games, CJ should be fine.

My problem with the team is this. They took out a lot of CJ's strength plays. The outside runs. They changed it up and had him run up the middle or plays where we rely on the oline to MAKE THAT BLOCK and they don't. Constantly. Trust me, watching the Titans just blow up about every week gets old and annoying. Confusing too. I know we have a good team. This team is capable of winning 10 games. But coaching never made adjustments. Its hard to see change when the coaching staff rarely makes changes. there is a lot of inside problems right now with the Titans. Im just glad we kept CJ. Had we cut him, teams would line up to grab him QUICK. Teams know how good he is. That's why they respect him by stuffing the box every play. Shit they don't have to worry about Locker beating them lol. Just Blitz CJ.

Now before you say AP went thru the same thing, he didnt have it as bad as CJ. I thought Ponder was dogshit. Turns out I was wrong. Minnesota did a great job with their team this year. A average team like Indy that ended up surprising. Minnesota has great run blocking though. Sullivan has gotten better big time. Minnesota also runs a lot of screens and short passes with Harvin in space. I wish we would run some plays to take the focus off CJ. Now im not taking credit away from AP. He beasted this year no doubt. I call him the best RB in the NFL and theres no argument there.

For the MJD thing, I didnt see anyone call him a asshole. Not in the threads anyways. Im not here enough to read the mesg box daily.

"Serious issue" is a bit of an over dramatization, I think. But I do find it somewhat humorous when CJ is called easily a Top 5 RB and then you roll off 11 names. You don't make a point for him at all.. Which is very telling, I think.

Now.. You continue to say you think he is Top 5. Which of the 7 names you posted (excluding the Top 3, obviously) do you put into the Top 5 with Chris Johnson? You don't even need to explain if you don't want, we will get to that later :laugh: . How do you round out that Top 5?

I didn't call him "easily a top 5 back". I said he's one of the top 5 backs in the league in my first post in this thread. I think he is. If I were picking RBs, he would be one of my first 5 chosen. However, in terms of how all of the RBs have played THIS YEAR, that I listed, basing SOLELY off this year, I feel quite a few have a case for it.

As I've said 2-3 times already in this thread, I think any of them could go in to the top 5 with CJ. I think CJ could be left off the top 5. I just didn't see much of a difference in that group of RBs this year.

It could be anything from 1. Peterson 2. Lynch 3. Charles 4. CJ 5. Morris to 1. Peterson 2. Lynch 3. Charles 4. Morris 5. Spiller to 1. Peterson 2. Lynch 3. Charles 4. Foster 5. Rice

Again, which I think you seem to be missing, my list was based off this season only. I'm not taking careers in to account here. If that were the case, Morris, Spiller and Martin wouldn't be anywhere near the list for obvious reasons.

And if you're thinking I'm going to debate you saying "CJ isn't top 5/10/15/20" or whatever you're going to say, you can save your time. I seriously don't even care anymore, you can believe what you wish. I know how good he is. I'm content with that.

He made a point Favre. We all had this discussion before on CJ. Air and me made enough points. You and others make the same points. If I proved u wrong u still wouldn't like CJ. That's fine. Its your opinion. However, it does get old to me that u ignore our valid points. Thanantos says im bias but I don't see it. I call it like I see it. If I were bias I would be saying Locker is the best QB blah blah. Locker SUCKED IT BIG TIME THIS YEAR. Where do u see me making excuses for him? Nowhere. I HOPE it was because he was hurt but we gotta see about that this year.

Air point is why should he continue to try and debate this if you guys don't even debate it right? You guys clearly stand hes not a top back and gave a very few valid points. Its a waste of time to take u serious on this anymore. I don't blame him.

CJ its a top 32 back not top 5.

Top 32?

That's probably being a little too generous.

Top 64 may even be pushing it.

I didn't call him "easily a top 5 back". I said he's one of the top 5 backs in the league in my first post in this thread. I think he is. If I were picking RBs, he would be one of my first 5 chosen. However, in terms of how all of the RBs have played THIS YEAR, that I listed, basing SOLELY off this year, I feel quite a few have a case for it.

As I've said 2-3 times already in this thread, I think any of them could go in to the top 5 with CJ. I think CJ could be left off the top 5. I just didn't see much of a difference in that group of RBs this year.

It could be anything from 1. Peterson 2. Lynch 3. Charles 4. CJ 5. Morris to 1. Peterson 2. Lynch 3. Charles 4. Morris 5. Spiller to 1. Peterson 2. Lynch 3. Charles 4. Foster 5. Rice

Again, which I think you seem to be missing, my list was based off this season only. I'm not taking careers in to account here. If that were the case, Morris, Spiller and Martin wouldn't be anywhere near the list for obvious reasons.

And if you're thinking I'm going to debate you saying "CJ isn't top 5/10/15/20" or whatever you're going to say, you can save your time. I seriously don't even care anymore, you can believe what you wish. I know how good he is. I'm content with that.

My apologies for that misunderstanding. In that case... You named 10 guys (not including CJ). I added another 4? All had better seasons than Chris Johnson, so that puts him at least 15th? I am sure we could come up with more names to add to the list as well.

He made a point Favre. We all had this discussion before on CJ. Air and me made enough points. You and others make the same points. If I proved u wrong u still wouldn't like CJ. That's fine. Its your opinion. However, it does get old to me that u ignore our valid points. Thanantos says im bias but I don't see it. I call it like I see it. If I were bias I would be saying Locker is the best QB blah blah. Locker SUCKED IT BIG TIME THIS YEAR. Where do u see me making excuses for him? Nowhere. I HOPE it was because he was hurt but we gotta see about that this year.

Air point is why should he continue to try and debate this if you guys don't even debate it right? You guys clearly stand hes not a top back and gave a very few valid points. Its a waste of time to take u serious on this anymore. I don't blame him.

May as well kill two birds with one stone, being that I think this can be directed at the both of you. I think maybe what part of the disconnect here is that... I don't want this to be all about CJ. Yes, you guys know what the general consensus from me and many others here is on CJ. We try to convince you that CJ is nowhere near as good as you think. And you try to convince us of why he isn't as bad as we think. Why continue to go down that road.. Nothing is going to change, I don't think.

However.. Saying CJ is a Top 5 back, even this season... Isn't so much a credit to him as it is an indictment of the other talent at the position. It says a lot about the level of play at RB when we are putting Chris in the Top 5.

And while running may not be as up front and center as it used to be, I certainly think more highly of the other players in the league.

Instead of focusing so much on why CJ is bad or not bad. Why not get into some serious debate about why he belongs there above those other guys. What is it that those other guys don't do that put them below Johnson? What do they need to work on to excel even further and break the ranks of the Top 10 or 5. And we aren't talking about strictly.. Ohhh this guy had 2100 yards so he's clearly the best. Or... This guy had 1200 yards so he's obviously Top 5 or whatever.

What do we actually see on the field from either Chris or these other backs that either set them up or set them back on the list?

I think it's a fair question... and could actually lead to lengthy and valuable debate as far as judging some of the best backs of the 2012 season. Maybe it even deserves it's own thread... :laugh:

Edited by Favre4Ever

My apologies for that misunderstanding. In that case... You named 10 guys (not including CJ). I added another 4? All had better seasons than Chris Johnson, so that puts him at least 15th? I am sure we could come up with more names to add to the list as well.

I'm not even 100% sure how many guys I named. I named the ones off the top of my head that I felt had really solid seasons this year, and were all on that same tier. It's whatever works as far as placement goes. It was a really good year for RBs.

May as well kill two birds with one stone, being that I think this can be directed at the both of you. I think maybe what part of the disconnect here is that... I don't want this to be all about CJ. Yes, you guys know what the general consensus from me and many others here is on CJ. We try to convince you that CJ is nowhere near as good as you think. And you try to convince us of why he isn't as bad as we think. Why continue to go down that road.. Nothing is going to change, I don't think.

However.. Saying CJ is a Top 5 back, even this season... Isn't so much a credit to him as it is an indictment of the other talent at the position. It says a lot about the level of play at RB when we are putting Chris in the Top 5.

And while running may not be as up front and center as it used to be, I certainly think more highly of the other players in the league.

Instead of focusing so much on why CJ is bad or not bad. Why not get into some serious debate about why he belongs there above those other guys. What is it that those other guys don't do that put them below Johnson? What do they need to work on to excel even further and break the ranks of the Top 10 or 5. And we aren't talking about strictly.. Ohhh this guy had 2100 yards so he's clearly the best. Or... This guy had 1200 yards so he's obviously Top 5 or whatever.

What do we actually see on the field from either Chris or these other backs that either set them up or set them back on the list?

I think it's a fair question... and could actually lead to lengthy and valuable debate as far as judging some of the best backs of the 2012 season. Maybe it even deserves it's own thread... :laugh:

Agreed on the first part.

Now im guessing because since CJ doesn't get 4-5 yards EVERY play that he doesn't get a top spot? Well if that's your reasoning, its a pretty lame one. JS.

As for what I see. I see he still has speed, vision, determination, etc. Hes a homerun threat. NOT BECAUSE HES JUST FAST, but of how many times hes taken a long run to the house. HES CONSTANTLY done it. Until Charles started balling, there wasn't another back like CJ. U got Reggie Bush but he rarely if ever takes a long run to the house or does something with it. Just because a player has speed doesn't mean hes able to constantly take it to the house. I understand CJ gave up sometimes, it would get annoying if u couldn't even get out of your own backfield without getting hit. But that's due to his lineman failing so he quit I don't blame him.

The problem with why CJ has looked not as good and like shit sometimes is the overwhelming at the LOS. Interior lineman get blow up into CJ that he doesn't have a chance to just make a cut and cut upfield. The reason why he loses so many yards the last two years ( which increased big time from his 2000 yard season to the last two years ) is due to the line.

This is how a play goes down normally. CJ gets the handoff, either has someone in his face, or a lineman pushed into him so now hes got to make a cut to the ouside. Well the play is over before it stated and CJ tries to bounce it outside, and loses yards. You say that cant happen well your wrong bcuz it DOES HAPPEN, 70% of the time it does. If there is 100 run snaps in a game, 70 of them CJ will get hit as soon as he gets the ball. Can u blame CJ for that? Really? I cant because CJ doesn't even have a chance to do anything, he barely has the ball. Its like in Madden. When I play All Madden, the lineman just miss blocks, like not even trying. And im not even usering CJ just yet and he gets tackled.

That's why I say if he had a decent oline that could block, you would see the 2000 yard season CJ more.

Reasons why I picked us to make playoffs? The players we have. Britt, Washington, Wright, Williams, then Cook and CJ? those are weapons. I expected our coaches to use them right. Britt is a #1, Washington could be a #1, and Wright is a good ass slot WR. Cook is a very solid tightend whom we don't use really. Hasslebeck is decent to be a game manager. Locker looked bad I thought he would be effective. The line is shit in the middle but there are run plays to the outside we could run but Palmer took those out. So ina way its like the coaching staff fucked our offense over lol. Our defense gave up 30 a game this year. So when your playing from behind you don't run which is why CJ didnt get more touches. Bad coaching is why we sucked this year. Idk how u have a top 5 RB, two #1 WR's and two WR's who are good #2's ( Wright and Williams ), a talented tightend whos a mismatch on almost any LBer. And still not score at least 25 points a game. That's stupid. That's on coaching. But they never made any changes. This is a inside problem. If coaching did its fucking job, you would see better quality out of the Titans and CJ numbers and plays.

DESPITE all that CJ still had 3 TD runs over 80 yards. 1200 yards rushing. Not groundbreaking but with all the shit I mentioned ill take it.

You guys seem to be along the line of what these idiots at ESPN say, oh no excuses blah blah. That's such bullshit and a lie. There are reasons for why a player make have success or not. Its like a guard misses a block completely and the rb gets tackled. Like oh the RB should have cut elsewhere and got more yards. lol.. Really where? Into the other two defenders in the backfield waiting to tackle CJ? Idiot. Its a bullshit thing hitting the nation and making people debate sports completely wrong. CJ is top 5, id put him at 4 or 5.

Another thing I don't get. If AP were to line up in a strong formation, and break one on the edge to take it to the house, its omg hes AMAZING AP bets RB ever hype, love blah blah. But if CJ were to do it, its oh, he had good blocking and its only because hes fast. They could run the same way, same openness to take it 80 yards to the house, but CJ will get hated on. While AP gets praised. THATS the hate im talking about.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

All that being said, Favre is right on this damn debate. Lets see if we get some help on the interior oline. Then see how big a jump or fall his production goes from there. I just hope Locker plays at least "OK" next year or were fucked again at the QB position. Fuck you Peyton Manning.

-edit out-

Edited by Vikingfan465

Do these arguments get tiring to anyone else? A lot of people far overvalue CJ while a lot of people far undervalue him and while, as always, the truth is somewhere in the middle, you'll never convince either side that that's the case. Regarding the decision to keep him, yes, he hasn't produced as well as he did before signing the big contract, but since the pre-contract includes a 2k yard season you really can't expect that consistently, and the fact of the matter is we're not in cap trouble and he's a better option than anyone we could replace him with, so keeping him is a no-brainer.

• Upvote 1

Another thing I don't get. If AP were to line up in a strong formation, and break one on the edge to take it to the house, its omg hes AMAZING AP bets RB ever hype, love blah blah. But if CJ were to do it, its oh, he had good blocking and its only because hes fast. They could run the same way, same openness to take it 80 yards to the house, but CJ will get hated on. While AP gets praised. THATS the hate im talking about.

Difference being most if not all Viking fans (that I've seen) credit Felton and the amazingly better O-line. Hell, even AP credits Felton and his teammates. I think you're missing just about every ESPN/NFL.com comment about how well our line as blocked this year... I <3 the O-line now.

Difference being most if not all Viking fans (that I've seen) credit Felton and the amazingly better O-line. Hell, even AP credits Felton and his teammates. I think you're missing just about every ESPN/NFL.com comment about how well our line as blocked this year... I <3 the O-line now.

Majority give AP all the props. Yeah Vikes oline has gotten a lot better. AP wont work too hard for it anymore.

Thanantos says im bias but I don't see it.

Haha you do know what bias means right ? lol. That is almost the definition of it lol :biggrin:

And the other side has made just as many valid points but as you like to point out, the other side wont listen. If you want to debate this then fine but what you are doing is taking valid points and saying.....pshhhh Nah man that can't be it ain't CJ. Well yes a lot of it is. You can bring up the 2000 yard season but this is not a what did you do for me three years ago league. Lately he is not a top 5 back. That is the truth.