Bay

Ok TGP, It's time for a Top 10 RB list

Bowe, you're counting consistency against CJ, but everyone knows that's the one thing he doesn't have, everyone knows what CJ brings to the table, he's not a guy that'll get you three yards every time you give him the ball, he's gonna have just as many bad plays as he's going to have great plays, but his great plays are good enough to balance it, use the analogy of a homerun hitter with a low batting average, the guy might strikeout a lot but he's still gonna be a guy opponents are afraid of because of what he can do when he does make contact

don't get me wrong, I know there's a lot of value in a back you can rely on to get positive yardage every time you give him the ball, but that doesn't mean there isn't value in a guy who can turn a five yard run into a 60 yard TD

I agree with what you're saying here. It all depends on what you value, and I value consistency quite a bit. CJ is a home run threat, and he's got talent as I said before, but moving the chains on a regular basis goes far with me. There are just more than 10 backs that I like better. That's not an insult to the guy, and it's not a slight imo.

He is capable of changing a game. He's not Barry Sanders though, and he doesn't hit enough home runs to really effect a season. He can win you a game here and there, but the backs I put above him I feel are capable of changing the complexion of their team's entire season. That's just how I see it though.

Well, one person you could have taken off is Darren McFadden lol. Your talking about numbers and production and McFadden doesn't touch anyone on this because of injuries. He hasn't posted a 1000 yard season in two years. No idea how he is on the list. I like the fact that you respect him based of his potential as do I because I know he would be good, but he hasn't lived up to his potential and doesn't deserve to be ahead of people who have actually produced. C.J Spiller who is on your list has had only one 1000 yard season and in that one season, he has already done 1/3 of McFaddens 5 year career.

Now in regards to Chris Johnson, after looking at his game logs for each of his 5 years in the league, I agree. He is kind of inconsistent. He's either great, to average, to useless. He seems to be either off or on point but the production is still there throughout the year. His last two years have been wildly inconsistent; especially his 2011 which was pretty bad. But his other 3 seasons in the league he strung together somewhat better performances. I can see your stance and I can somewhat respect/agree with it but I can't put other people over him that has produced less. McFadden is one, C.J Spiller had a hot year. I wouldn't put him up there yet but it seems more of a projection to me. A lot of people have him on their list but not yet for me. I do think he will possibly have another good year and if he does, he will possibly emerge on my list.

That's true. McFadden though—when he's on the field—is undeniably awesome. If I were to leave him off though, it would be for Matt Forte. CJ still wouldn't be on the list. In regards to Spiller, I pretty much said as much in my explanation. I couldn't see leaving off, but he doesn't quite have a large enough body of work for me to put him over anyone else on the list. I waffled a bit on whether to include him or Forte.

It's like your contradicting your own logic lol.

10. C.J. Spiller-Hard to deny his talent, but his body of work just isn't large enough for me to have complete faith in him just yet. I couldn't leave him off the list in good consciance, but I couldn't justify having him over any of those other guys.

That's true. McFadden though—when he's on the field—is undeniably awesome. If I were to leave him off though, it would be for Matt Forte. CJ still wouldn't be on the list. In regards to Spiller, I pretty much said as much in my explanation. I couldn't see leaving off, but he doesn't quite have a large enough body of work for me to put him over anyone else on the list. I waffled a bit on whether to include him or Forte.

The bold all points to Chris Johnson lol. Matte Forte's resume is alittle inconsistent as well. Although, in some of his bad rushing games, he yielded good receiving yards so it balances out. The production still doesn't match Chris Johnson's but that argument is more valid than Darren McFadden & C.J Spiller.

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Marshawn Lynch

4. CJ Spiller

5. LeSean McCoy

6. Ray Rice

7. Frank Gore

8. Arian Foster

9. MJD

10. Matt Forte

• Upvote 2

Perhaps I'm reading the chart wrong but I don't see where you get 66 from.

My main argument for Charles wasn't broken tackles. I was just explaining why his broken tackles aren't as high as some other running backs which is simply because he zips right past most would be tacklers. I was also defending that he wasn't a product of his O-line and he does create stuff on his own unlike you said. 0:20 in the video is a good example :laugh:

It looks like PFF and FO are in major disagreement over Spiller's broken tackles from last year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/24/why-jamaal-charles-missed-the-list/

Interesting that Charles doesn't he have the 20 necessary to make FO's list though.

And I believe I did recognize Charles' ability to "break tackles" by simply outrunning the field and not giving guys a shot. But what I'm saying is that, like with Chris Johnson, when that hole isn't there for him I am not as impressed by what he can do and I am with the guys ahead of him.

As for Spiller V. McCoy, I guess it just comes down to who you believe. I really don't know what to think because I really respect both those sites. But I guess we can agree that they're both really elusive.

Just a few things to share my thoughts on before I share my list:

2. Any list with Chris Johnson in the top five is a head scratcher. Before I get a flood of excuses from irrational Titans fans, let me just tell you that I don't care about your bad O-line, horrible QB, 8 in the box, or whatever else you have concocted.

The Chiefs have had the WORST QB situation in the league for years now, shotty O-line play, and teams knowing that when Charles is in the backfield he's probably getting the ball, yet I don't go around making excuses for him. Wanna know why. I DON'T HAVE TO. Even with all of this disfunction, a torn ACL, and fail situations, he's managed to rack up an average of 1,500 rushing yards in his last two full seasons and the highest all-time YPA of any RB with qualifying carries.

3. I like the Muscle Hamster as much as the next guy, but if it's taboo to put RG3, Wilson, or Luck anywhere a top ten list because they were rookies, how is it a MUST to have Dougie on a top ten list? CJ had 2,000 yards. Now people routinely lol him, or at least doubt. Cadillac Williams was a monster for a year. He's not even on a top 50 list now. My point is that one year a HOFer does not make. The kid is probably gonna be a stud, but be patient. He's gotta do it for at least one more year for me to put him up there with the big dogs.

4. Kemp, I respect your opinions and enjoy your posts, and I can even appreciate that you used logic in ranking Charles outside of your top 5—as ridiculous as it seems to me—but what I can't stomach is that you ranked Trent Richardson OVER him. The kid didn't even go over 1,000, averages 3.6 YPC, and was a rookie. For those keeping score at home, Trent had only 18 fewer carries than Charles—due to missing a game—and 541 fewer yards. Plus Charles had 1.7 more yards per carry than the kid. :gtfo:

As I previously stated, I don't include rookies in top ten lists. Nothing personal to you guys here at the Buccaneer palace, but I gotta see an encore before I move the kids in with the grown-ups. Sorry, no one hit wonders.

No CJ2YPC. I just don't like him. I'd take about 15 or more guys over him. That's the beauty of personal preference. Welcome to America.

I think if we're going to attack Chris Johnson's consistency, it's only fair to do the same to Charles. We're talking about a guy who had games in 2012 totalling 3 yards, 4 yards, 10 yards, 39 yards, and 40 yards. And before we start talking about bad OL play, let's just consider that the Chiefs, when healthy, probably had one of the best OL's in the AFC last year. Albert, Lilja, Hudson, Asomoah, and Winston all graded positively. Granted Allen sucked when he had to start, but you're still talking about one weak link. Don't whine about that to a Chargers fan- our entire 2012 OL was one big weak link.

As for Doug Martin, the reason I see him as being different from the rookie QB's is because he actually was one of the best RB's in all of football, veterans included. The rookie QB's were good, and extremely impressive for rookies, but if you hold them up against the elite (Rodgers, Brady, Manning) they clearly don't deserve to be in that group yet. Martin, on the other hand, with his 1926 yards from scrimmage, showed he could hang with anyone last year not named Adrian.

And I get what you're saying about Richardson. He couldn't hold Charles' jock last year. But I'm projecting. I'm not ranking who I thought were the top ten RB's in 2012, I'm ranking who I think will be the top ten RB's in 2013. I mean, if we're just going to go off what guys did last year, we might as well copy and paste espn's rushing statistics from 2012 and call it good. Now I realize that it's a stretch to rank Trent that high, but I find it more fun to try and come up with bold predictions that I consider logical. Norv Turner has produced league leading rushers on more than one occasion, the Browns have a good offensvie line, and Richardson is uber talented and ought to be healthier this season. No disrespect to Charles intended. Heck I like him enough that in my AFCW positional assessment, I ranked the Chiefs' backfield #1 on his merits alone.

1. Adrian Peterson - 348 carries, 2,097 rushing yards, 12 TD’s, 40 receptions, 217 receiving yards, 1 TD. No need to say anything after the season he had coming off of knee surgery?

2. Marshawn Lynch - 315 carries, 1,590 rushing yards, 11 TD’s, 23 receptions, 196 receiving yards, 1 TD. Beast Mode!

3. Arian Foster - 351 carries, 1,424 receiving yards, 15 TD’s, 20 receptions, 217 receiving yards, 2 TD’s.

4. Jamaal Charles - 285 carries, 1,509 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD’s, 35 receptions, 236 receiving yards, 1 TD. With the Chiefs being really bad and Charles’ returning from knee surgery as well? WOW!

5. Alfred Morris - 335 carries, 1,613 rushing yards, 13 rushing TD’s, 11 receptions for 77 yards. This guy was a 6th rd pick?

6. Doug Martin - 319 carries, 1,454 rushing yards, 11 TD’s, 49 receptions, 472 receiving yards, 1 TD. He is coming off one of the best rookie seasons ever! You go Muscle Hamster!

7. Ray Rice - 257 carries, 1,143 rushing yards, 9 rushing TD’s, 61 receptions, 478 yards and 1 TD. Could have been higher, but Bernard Pierce took a good bite out of his workload.

8. Frank Gore - 258 carries, 1,214 yards, 8 rushing TD’s, 28 receptions, 234 yards and 1 TD. He topped 1,000 yards in six of the past seven years. Still plenty left in the tank.

9. Matt Forte - 248 carries, 1,094 yards rushing, 5 rushing TD’s, 44 receptions, 340 yards and 1 TD.

You're not only getting a good quality running back, but a quality receiver as well. Versatile!

10. LeSean McCoy - 200 carries, 840 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD’s, 54 receptions, 373 receiving yards, 3 TD’s. I know he should be higher, but despite missing several games last year and being in a heavily pass happy Andy Reid offense? I can see 2013 as a turnaround year for him, because of the offense Kelly may run in Philly. It should give McCoy more opportunities to touch the ball as opposed to what Reid ran. But still, you cannot deny his impact on his team and their offensive production. Very Scary back!

If you think i left someone off the list that should be on it. Please, let me hear it! You won't hurt my feelings. LoL! :grinno:

• Upvote 1

1. Adrian Peterson - 348 carries, 2,097 rushing yards, 12 TD’s, 40 receptions, 217 receiving yards, 1 TD. No need to say anything after the season he had coming off of knee surgery?

2. Marshawn Lynch - 315 carries, 1,590 rushing yards, 11 TD’s, 23 receptions, 196 receiving yards, 1 TD. Beast Mode!

3. Arian Foster - 351 carries, 1,424 receiving yards, 15 TD’s, 20 receptions, 217 receiving yards, 2 TD’s.

4. Jamaal Charles - 285 carries, 1,509 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD’s, 35 receptions, 236 receiving yards, 1 TD. With the Chiefs being really bad and Charles’ returning from knee surgery as well? WOW!

5. Alfred Morris - 335 carries, 1,613 rushing yards, 13 rushing TD’s, 11 receptions for 77 yards. This guy was a 6th rd pick?

6. Doug Martin - 319 carries, 1,454 rushing yards, 11 TD’s, 49 receptions, 472 receiving yards, 1 TD. He is coming off one of the best rookie seasons ever! You go Muscle Hamster!

7. Ray Rice - 257 carries, 1,143 rushing yards, 9 rushing TD’s, 61 receptions, 478 yards and 1 TD. Could have been higher, but Bernard Pierce took a good bite out of his workload.

8. Frank Gore - 258 carries, 1,214 yards, 8 rushing TD’s, 28 receptions, 234 yards and 1 TD. He topped 1,000 yards in six of the past seven years. Still plenty left in the tank.

9. Matt Forte - 248 carries, 1,094 yards rushing, 5 rushing TD’s, 44 receptions, 340 yards and 1 TD.

You're not only getting a good quality running back, but a quality receiver as well. Versatile!

10. LeSean McCoy - 200 carries, 840 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD’s, 54 receptions, 373 receiving yards, 3 TD’s. I know he should be higher, but despite missing several games last year and being in a heavily pass happy Andy Reid offense? I can see 2013 as a turnaround year for him, because of the offense Kelly may run in Philly. It should give McCoy more opportunities to touch the ball as opposed to what Reid ran. But still, you cannot deny his impact on his team and their offensive production. Very Scary back!

If you think i left someone off the list that should be on it. Please, let me hear it! You won't hurt my feelings. LoL! :grinno:

Ok, well since you asked! How is Ryan Mathews not #1? The man broke BOTH clavicles in one season. Do you realize how rare that is? Can you name me one other RB in the history of football who has accomplished that? Didn't think so...

On a more serious note, I think C.J. Spiller is a lot more impressive than several of the guys you ranked ahead of him on this list. 1703 yards on only 250 touches. According to PFF he forced 66 missed tackles, and he set the highest score they've ever recorded for their elusive rating (which is a score based on missed tackles and yards after contact). FO rated him a little differently, but still really postiively. And now he goes into the season under a new coach who reportedly plans to feature him and feed him the ball more often. I'm betting he break 2000 all-purpose yards.

I find that a lot more impressive than seasons put out by guys like Morris or Foster, who are in systems that historically get production out of less talented running backs.

Dutch you owe me money muhfucka lol. I told you soon as I posted it would start again haha jk.

House, Well then I guess ill be wrong to you. CJ wasn't pose to get even 1000 this year, as some people here said that last year. Zack and Air made a bet on it actually. Air won I think right? Anyways when we get our line fixed, youll see that it is YOU who is wrong. Till then, time will tell. I said that last year too and was right again oh!

Your O line is now more than fixed, so I'm waiting.

Ok, well since you asked! How is Ryan Mathews not #1? The man broke BOTH clavicles in one season. Do you realize how rare that is? Can you name me one other RB in the history of football who has accomplished that? Didn't think so...

On a more serious note, I think C.J. Spiller is a lot more impressive than several of the guys you ranked ahead of him on this list. 1703 yards on only 250 touches. According to PFF he forced 66 missed tackles, and he set the highest score they've ever recorded for their elusive rating (which is a score based on missed tackles and yards after contact). FO rated him a little differently, but still really postiively. And now he goes into the season under a new coach who reportedly plans to feature him and feed him the ball more often. I'm betting he break 2000 all-purpose yards.

I find that a lot more impressive than seasons put out by guys like Morris or Foster, who are in systems that historically get production out of less talented running backs.

Ha Ha..Mathews? Thats a good one, and obviously not rare enough to make my list! Next question..LOL!

I agree AND disagree with you on that, and please don't go by PFF or FO, cause personally I don't trust either sites perspective or grading system on a number of levels. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Spiller, no disrespect to him. He is a hell of a dynamic back but unfortunately he fell short on making this list, because he wasn't even the starting running back on the Bills last year.(until FJax went down) I can't have a non-starter on a top 10 list. Though this year will be different, being he should get the start over FreddyJax..We all know what Spiller can be and do: a matchup-proof tailback capable of taking over games by himself. Just needs more touches and the confidence of his coaching staff, which he should have this year under Marrone. If you think his 2012 stats were good, then 2013 could be the year that Spiller cements himself as one of the game's best at his position. And 2,000 all-purpose yards? Absolutely, I can see that easily happening! :)

Ha Ha..Mathews? Thats a good one, and obviously not rare enough to make my list! Next question..LOL!

I agree AND disagree with you on that, and please don't go by PFF or FO, cause personally I don't trust either sites perspective or grading system on a number of levels. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Spiller, no disrespect to him. He is a hell of a dynamic back but unfortunately he fell short on making this list, because he wasn't even the starting running back on the Bills last year.(until FJax went down) I can't have a non-starter on a top 10 list. Though this year will be different, being he should get the start over FreddyJax..We all know what Spiller can be and do: a matchup-proof tailback capable of taking over games by himself. Just needs more touches and the confidence of his coaching staff, which he should have this year under Marrone. If you think his 2012 stats were good, then 2013 could be the year that Spiller cements himself as one of the game's best at his position. And 2,000 all-purpose yards? Absolutely, I can see that easily happening! :)

Good enough. I like PFF and FO for analysis of players and teams that I don't get the opportunity to watch. They're not perfect, but they're a whole lot more reliable than the takes of fans in my opinion. They're objective and comprehensive. But not everyone is going to think like me.

Not sure if I see how the "starter" label is relevant. To me, it's about what a guy did or didn't do. If he wasn't out there on the first snap of week one, oh well- doesn't exclude him from being one of the best.

But I wanted to know why you left him off and you told me, so we'll see what 2013 brings.

Good enough. I like PFF and FO for analysis of players and teams that I don't get the opportunity to watch. They're not perfect, but they're a whole lot more reliable than the takes of fans in my opinion. They're objective and comprehensive. But not everyone is going to think like me.

Not sure if I see how the "starter" label is relevant. To me, it's about what a guy did or didn't do. If he wasn't out there on the first snap of week one, oh well- doesn't exclude him from being one of the best.

But I wanted to know why you left him off and you told me, so we'll see what 2013 brings.

I think if we're going to attack Chris Johnson's consistency, it's only fair to do the same to Charles. We're talking about a guy who had games in 2012 totalling 3 yards, 4 yards, 10 yards, 39 yards, and 40 yards. And before we start talking about bad OL play, let's just consider that the Chiefs, when healthy, probably had one of the best OL's in the AFC last year. Albert, Lilja, Hudson, Asomoah, and Winston all graded positively. Granted Allen sucked when he had to start, but you're still talking about one weak link. Don't whine about that to a Chargers fan- our entire 2012 OL was one big weak link.

As for Doug Martin, the reason I see him as being different from the rookie QB's is because he actually was one of the best RB's in all of football, veterans included. The rookie QB's were good, and extremely impressive for rookies, but if you hold them up against the elite (Rodgers, Brady, Manning) they clearly don't deserve to be in that group yet. Martin, on the other hand, with his 1926 yards from scrimmage, showed he could hang with anyone last year not named Adrian.

And I get what you're saying about Richardson. He couldn't hold Charles' jock last year. But I'm projecting. I'm not ranking who I thought were the top ten RB's in 2012, I'm ranking who I think will be the top ten RB's in 2013. I mean, if we're just going to go off what guys did last year, we might as well copy and paste espn's rushing statistics from 2012 and call it good. Now I realize that it's a stretch to rank Trent that high, but I find it more fun to try and come up with bold predictions that I consider logical. Norv Turner has produced league leading rushers on more than one occasion, the Browns have a good offensvie line, and Richardson is uber talented and ought to be healthier this season. No disrespect to Charles intended. Heck I like him enough that in my AFCW positional assessment, I ranked the Chiefs' backfield #1 on his merits alone.

Read the whole quote.

2. Any list with Chris Johnson in the top five is a head scratcher. Before I get a flood of excuses from irrational Titans fans, let me just tell you that I don't care about your bad O-line, horrible QB, 8 in the box, or whatever else you have concocted.

The Chiefs have had the WORST QB situation in the league for years now, shotty O-line play, and teams knowing that when Charles is in the backfield he's probably getting the ball, yet I don't go around making excuses for him. Wanna know why. I DON'T HAVE TO. Even with all of this disfunction, a torn ACL, and fail situations, he's managed to rack up an average of 1,500 rushing yards in his last two full seasons and the highest all-time YPA of any RB with qualifying carries.

I'm not whining. I'm praising the dude. Besides, why would I whine about our RB being awesome?

Read the whole quote.

I'm not whining. I'm praising the dude. Besides, why would I whine about our RB being awesome?

About your OL? "Shotty OL play"?

I agree with what you're saying here. It all depends on what you value, and I value consistency quite a bit. CJ is a home run threat, and he's got talent as I said before, but moving the chains on a regular basis goes far with me. There are just more than 10 backs that I like better. That's not an insult to the guy, and it's not a slight imo.

He is capable of changing a game. He's not Barry Sanders though, and he doesn't hit enough home runs to really effect a season. He can win you a game here and there, but the backs I put above him I feel are capable of changing the complexion of their team's entire season. That's just how I see it though.

I don't disagree with any of that (and I don't think anyone is comparing Johnson to Sanders) and I can understand not including him in your top ten, I had him at #8 so I should expect some to have a lower opinion of him than I do and you were not alone in leaving Johnson off, but I do have to take issue with this statement:

No CJ2YPC. I just don't like him. I'd take about 15 or more guys over him. That's the beauty of personal preference. Welcome to America.

not putting Johnson among the top half of starters is ridiculous IMO, I'd be really interested to see who the other five backs you'd take ahead of him would be

Can anyone explain to me why Jamaal Charles is so much better than Chris Johnson?

Can anyone explain to me why Jamaal Charles is so much better than Chris Johnson?

When CJ is playing with confidence, Charles isn't. When CJ is playing with confidence, the only back in the league who can stay on his level is Adrian Peterson at this point.

Only issue is, CJ's confidence gets shaken too easily. Not only his confidence in himself, but his confidence in his o-line. He regained his confidence for a stretch last year, tore it up for several games...then the injuries occured to the o-line and that shot it all to hell.

When his confidence is shot, he dances too much in the backfield, sometimes missing holes(granted, there weren't many holes for him to miss with the o-line in '11 and after Stewart and Hutch both went down last year, but still), and doesn't use his skill set like he should.

CJ is anywhere from the best back in the NFL(or 1a/1b with Peterson) to not even making the top 10, just all depends. After a season like last year, half of it he played well and with confidence, the other half not, he's somewhere in the middle.

Chris Johnson will tear the NFL a new one behind this new offensive line, I feel. Too bad Jake Locker sucks dick, otherwise the Titans could be an offensive juggernaut next year.

When CJ is playing with confidence, Charles isn't. When CJ is playing with confidence, the only back in the league who can stay on his level is Adrian Peterson at this point.

Only issue is, CJ's confidence gets shaken too easily. Not only his confidence in himself, but his confidence in his o-line. He regained his confidence for a stretch last year, tore it up for several games...then the injuries occured to the o-line and that shot it all to hell.

When his confidence is shot, he dances too much in the backfield, sometimes missing holes(granted, there weren't many holes for him to miss with the o-line in '11 and after Stewart and Hutch both went down last year, but still), and doesn't use his skill set like he should.

CJ is anywhere from the best back in the NFL(or 1a/1b with Peterson) to not even making the top 10, just all depends. After a season like last year, half of it he played well and with confidence, the other half not, he's somewhere in the middle.

Chris Johnson will tear the NFL a new one behind this new offensive line, I feel. Too bad Jake Locker sucks dick, otherwise the Titans could be an offensive juggernaut next year.

My opinion, and it's obviously one that I can't proven, but my opinion is that you give these two running backs the exact same blocking and they are essentially the same player. Two lightning fast running backs who can outrun the whole field as long as they have the blocking. Feast or famine ball carriers.

The main difference, in my opinion, between these two RB's over the past couple of seasons is that KC's interior offensive line >>>>> everyone the Titans have been playing there lately.

I would never put Chris Johnson on a level playing field such as 1a or 1b with Adrian Peterson. I think that is just outrageous to say. Yes, he ran for 2000 yards in 2009. I get it, that's impressive and rarely accomplished. He ran great that year. He saw holes that others probably could not, he used his ridiculous speed to his advantage and the coaches knew how to utilize him so he was always finding open field. Once he beat the main line of defenders, the guy was gone. However, while 2000 yards is impressive and rare, I don't think he was quite the best back in football that year. I still think I would make a pretty strong case for Adrian Peterson.

Ask yourself, have you ever seen a Vikings game since 2007 (That AP was playing) where the box wasn't stacked and the defense wasn't ready to try and stop AP? I haven't. Adrian Peterson is hands down, without a doubt, the best running back in all of football. I believe he has been since he came into the league in 2007. During the start of 2009, CJ didn't really have to go up against those stacked boxes. All be it, he did maintain once defenses decided he was the primary factor on that offense. Adrian Peterson is all and was all the Vikings had. His receiving stats nearly matched CJ in 2009. (A lot of people don't know that). While AP wasn't exactly the same home run threat that CJ was (That's why the yardage was so high, along with about 30 - 40 more carries), he was the workhorse guy and quite frankly I think he was going up against a tougher stack for the entire duration of the season, not just from week 3, 4 or 5 on. AP scored 18 TDs in 2009. That's pretty impressive to me.

Although, I do understand that in 09 AP would see far more chances to score because of the Vikings being pretty bad on offense. Regardless though, I think someone could really make a case for him being better than CJ in 2009, yardage aside. I'm not sure what happened with AP this year, he was a freak. How can you put anyone on his level? I don't really care where you put CJ, because he did only really have 1 bad year (Still over 1000 yards rushing) with only 4TD, but don't put him on the same level as AP.

This. In some of the games I saw Chris Johnson play, that's what I saw from him. He danced a little too much at times and he's not on of those type of backs. Don't get me wrong, he cna juke you. But he's one of those one cut then burn you with speed type of jukers. Not a dancer like a LeSean McCoy. He also seemed indecisive at times which led to some of those dancing in the back field plays. That could be partly due to not trusting your O-line and miscommunications. However, I do expect him to have a good season this year. At least 1400 yards.

My list as it stands now based off performance.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Lesean Mccoy - performing the best imo but can't put anyone over A.P yet.

3. Jamaal Charles - I can accept an argument of Charles being higher; putting TDs on the board.

4. Frank Gore

5. Marshawn Lynch

6. Reggie Bush

7. Matte Forte

8. Arian Foster - Not really explosive anymore; not enough for my liking.

No one really deserves the 9 and 10 spot right now for me. Ray Rice has fell off the face of the earth. Knowshon Moreno has been doing good but I'm positive that's the Peyton effect.

I don't really want to make a list, but instead my homer case for Knowshon for spot 9 or 10 on your lists. He is definitely the beneficiary of Peyton Manning's passing attack, but he's also a completely different player this year and what he got to play at the end of last year. He's playing at 215-220 and the physicality that he's been running with is awesome. He makes a lot of plays that have nothing to do with Manning, and considering the Broncos' run blocking leaves a lot to be desired (especially on the left side) I think he just deserves a little more credit than he gets. He's on pace for 1500+ total yards from scrimmage and 18 TDs. He also has accounted for 23 first downs. Couple plays from the Dallas game:

moreno4.gif

He's just been running so dang tough lately, and unless he gets swallowed up immediately (which happens a lot and has really brought down his ypc which was like 5.2 before the Jax game) he won't go down on first contact.

moreno5.gif

Just an awful last second pass, somehow he shoestrings that thing and keeps the drive going. I'd honestly put his hands up against almost any other back.

dt1.gif

Arguably the strongest part of his game, he is an amazing pass protector. This play never happens if he doesn't step up and stone Sean Lee.

It pisses me off how much they rotate the backs. Hillman and Ball are both dancers in the backfield (KM was once too) and both of them have severe cases of fumble-itis. Neither are natural catchers or pass blockers either. His stats would be better than they are if he got the carries other feature backs do. I know he gets knocked for his top-end speed but he's never been a burner even at Georgia. He knows his role now and he gets it done. The way he handled being benched last year for half the season after one fumble was really admirable imo.

I haven't made any gifs of the Jags game yet. He had some awesome runs in that one especially his last TD where he took 5 guys in with him. It was the Jags though, but they were playing well. Ya'll can flame me now, homer-rant over :smug:

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Sorry bro. Lesean Mccoy said he sucks. Doesn't make the list.

:smug:

In all seriousness, I just need to see a little more. His game has elevated but I just need more.

Based solely on what I've seen so far this year (imagine you didn't know who any of these guys were in week one):

1. LeSean McCoy
  2. Adrian Peterson
  3. Marshawn Lynch
  4. Jamaal Charles
  5. Frank Gore
  6. Reggie Bush
  7. Alfred Morris
  8. Arian Foster
  9. Matt Forte
  10. Knowshon Moreno
  • Upvote 1

1. Peterson