ATL_Predator

The Seattle Way

Bro, the Seahawks have 129 pressures and 59 of them are from Clemons! You don't sit and say he's not that big of a Loss. Irvin is an outside speed rusher. We don't have problems with those types if guys.

First you said the team outside of Clemmons had 129, now it's 129 including Clemmons's 59. Which is it? I'd check PFF, but I'm out and I'd rather see you defend your stance logically.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Bro, the Seahawks have 129 pressures and 59 of them are from Clemons! You don't sit and say he's not that big of a Loss. Irvin is an outside speed rusher. We don't have problems with those types if guys.

Clemons was a speed rusher as well he just had a bit bigger frame then Irvin maybe i am undervaluing Clemons but our D-Line really never got after QB's except for that GB game.

When we really got sacks was when we would leave Sherman and Browner on islands and bring a blitz or when the QB hangs on to the ball to long.

Edited by Sacks98

We play physical and we let you know what we're capable of. Not only that, but we take care of business within the confines of the rules. Deangello Hall was in the middle of every post play conflict in that game, most of which was between our defense and their offense. Also, who the hell knows who starts what. Things get chippy on the opposition at pretty much the same level as we do.

I think you're horribly underestimating Clemons. I'll also stand out and say that I don't think the defensive line of the Seahawks will be a factor without Clemons. Our line completely manhandled the NY Giants, whose line is much, much scarier than the Seahawks.

Last night I was at work posting, and I did mistake in my second post. WITH Clemons, they have 188 pressures. That's 59 for Clemons. And amongst the 44 other players with pressures on the team they only have 129. That's a huge loss.

Edited by Chris D

I think it's great honestly. When the Jets were one of the best defenses in the league in 2009 and 2010 they were very much the same style.

First you said the team outside of Clemmons had 129, now it's 129 including Clemmons's 59. Which is it? I'd check PFF, but I'm out and I'd rather see you defend your stance logically.

This is correct.

Hayden ‏@haydenhogg

@PFF how important was Chris Clemons to the Seattle defense? Any interesting stats or numbers?

Expand

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

@haydenhogg Critically important. Accounted for 59 total pressures. Rest of the 9-man rotation was just 135

Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

1:02 PM - 9 Jan 13 · Details

That's only 1/3 of the Seattle's pass rush. nbd...

Say what you want about the Seahawks, but they have a fire in them that I feel the Steelers [any] (#1 ranked) defense could use.

Pretty much this. I wish that our defense was performing like them. Granted they are gritty but they are a very physical and tough team. Until they start getting penalized for their rough game play, then I wouldn't care. Be mad at the refs for not calling shit. If the refs started penalizing them, it would slow down no doubt. People may label them as dirty but they lay the wood and back their shit up. #1 scoring defense. Can't hate on that.

I dont mind that team as a whole. I fucking hate Sherman though.

And as of late I am beginning to hate the Hawks more and more.

As to the Seattle Way. If this is the Seattle way...enjoy your penalties once the swoon is over. It is not so much your fault but you play physical defense and well you will get burned by it.

However this whole big headed shit can go anytime.

There is a difference between playing mean and hard and playing outside the rules. The Seahawks cross that line, IMO. Their defense at the very least. It would make me sick to watch them win anything.

There is a difference between playing mean and hard and playing outside the rules. The Seahawks cross that line, IMO. Their defense at the very least. It would make me sick to watch them win anything.

Give me an instance please besides Browner wrestling with receivers and Greg Jennings was the one who ran at him Browner didn't go charging him.

The only dirty play i have seen from this Seahawk team that i can recall from memory was the Irvin hit on RG3.

Edited by Sacks98

That is what this thread is for, is it not?

That is what this thread is for, is it not?

Yep but i haven't seen one good case of a Seahawk player being dirty yet you call us dirty don't get it.

I don't blame nor fault you. I wouldn't want to see it either. At least you don't accept it and thrive in it like a lot of Detroit fans. lol

Charles Woodson and Al Harris used to play really physical with WRs and all kinds of ppl bitched. I don't really mind the aggressiveness the Seahawks play with, Sherman and Browner get away with a lil too much at times, but it's their damn attitude that people hate. They are just so cocky and like to showboat, which comes from Carrol.

Sacks98, you probably should go watch that play. Browner tackles Jennings for no reason which is why Jennings rushed him.

Charles Woodson and Al Harris used to play really physical with WRs and all kinds of ppl bitched. I don't really mind the aggressiveness the Seahawks play with, Sherman and Browner get away with a lil too much at times, but it's their damn attitude that people hate. They are just so cocky and like to showboat, which comes from Carrol.

Sacks98, you probably should go watch that play. Browner tackles Jennings for no reason which is why Jennings rushed him.

If i remember it correctly Rodgers was scrambling around looking for someone to throw to when Browner hit him which is why it got flagged.

Edited by Sacks98

If i remember it correctly Rodgers was scrambling around looking for someone to throw to when Browner hit him which is why it got flagged.

The play was over and Browner wasn't flagged for that, he was flagged for the shit that happened in the endzone.

The play was over and Browner wasn't flagged for that, he was flagged for the shit that happened in the endzone.

No unless they both got flagged for what happened in the end zone because Jennings ran at Browner.

No unless they both got flagged for what happened in the end zone because Jennings ran at Browner.

They did both get flagged for what happened in the end zone, Jennings ran at him then Browner tackled him. They were both flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

All we do is pitch inside and people don't like the aggressive attitude but it's what you face when you line up against us

Back to the post about Woodson and Harris playing physical, I don't think the fact that Browner and Sherman play physical is the real issue. I think the real issue and why people dislike them is because they don't know when to shut their mouths. Playing physical is one thing, talking trash all week leading up, and then even after the games is kind of ridiculous.

Although, everyone is always saying how we want to see the mean NFL days come back, and that's all part of it.

Back to the post about Woodson and Harris playing physical, I don't think the fact that Browner and Sherman play physical is the real issue. I think the real issue and why people dislike them is because they don't know when to shut their mouths. Playing physical is one thing, talking trash all week leading up, and then even after the games is kind of ridiculous.

Although, everyone is always saying how we want to see the mean NFL days come back, and that's all part of it.

Don't know where you get this from Browner barely ever talks and Sherman mostly keeps it on the field.

Yea i know the Tom Brady incident but Brady told him to meet him after the game and Trent Williams went after Sherman not the other way around.

(Talking about off the field incidents for Sherman by the way i know he talks a ton of trash on it.)

Edited by Sacks98

None of you would be complaining if it was YOUR team who had Browner and Sherman. If this was 15-20 years ago nobody would say shit but fans and players alike are turning into pussies. This is football, we play a 16 game regular season and the post season is single elimination. There's a lot on the line every game, especially in January and the Seahawks are playing for keeps. I'd be proud if the Eagles fielded a defense with the pride and the intensity of the Seahawk. I have absolutely no problem with the way they play so long as they don't start costing their team with penalties and remain disciplined.

• Upvote 1

None of you would be complaining if it was YOUR team who had Browner and Sherman. If this was 15-20 years ago nobody would say shit but fans and players alike are turning into pussies. This is football, we play a 16 game regular season and the post season is single elimination. There's a lot on the line every game, especially in January and the Seahawks are playing for keeps. I'd be proud if the Eagles fielded a defense with the pride and the intensity of the Seahawk. I have absolutely no problem with the way they play so long as they don't start costing their team with penalties and remain disciplined.

Basically this. This is FOOTBALL people. Like I said in the earlier post, complain about the Refs for not penalizing them if their antics are really that bad. I enjoy watching a smash mouth defense go out their and play. You can feel the energy they bring to the field with how physical and hard they play. They may be a little cocky, but they can lay down that wood and back it up. If teams want to shut them up, suit up, strap up and smack them in the mouth.

• Upvote 1

Basically this. This is FOOTBALL people. Like I said in the earlier post, complain about the Refs for not penalizing them if their antics are really that bad. I enjoy watching a smash mouth defense go out their and play. You can feel the energy they bring to the field with how physical and hard they play. They may be a little cocky, but they can lay down that wood and back it up. If teams want to shut them up, suit up, strap up and smack them in the mouth.

KermitNod.gif

• Upvote 1