BLUE

Next Gen Console News & Updates

Doesn't Steam pretty much do the same things that are mentioned in this thread, just on PC?

Ya know, I think the always online thing is almost worse than the banning used second-hand games crap. I'm sure their servers will go down sometimes, so that means that you're not allowed to play any games during that time. Or if your internet goes out, you're not allowed to play.

One of the funnest times I've had was when our net was out and me and my sister were playing LOTR: The Return of the King on my computer, and my dad and mom were giving "advice" to us about the orcs charging at us or something.

Doesn't Steam pretty much do the same things that are mentioned in this thread, just on PC?

You can play Steam games offline, so no.

The difference in PC gaming is that our games go down in price after they've been out for awhile, (unless they're Bethesda, which is still trying to sell Skyrim at $60 and making DLCs worth $20). Steam also gives great sales, (got BL2 for half off just a month after its release).

Skyrim is still $60 everywhere, I believe. Only thing with computers is that it can get REALLY costly if you don't know how to upgrade your machine yourself. You can easily outdo the 4-500 bucks every 5 years for a console.

I am sure it won't be long before my 6 core processor will be absolute. lol. Still want a controller though.

Thinking about buying Shogun 2.

This may help end pirating on consoles. I think this is part of the reason it will require you to be online at all times, so when you put the disk it will have like a coded serial in it and it won't work for anyone else anymore. So unless they figure a way to make every copy seem new, its not going to work.

Serial numbers didn't stop what.. over half?.. of the people who use Adobe products. People will find a way around this. It might completely destroy the warranty on the system but hey, they started it. Haha.

And I agree with Thanatos. I don't understand the industry side of it, at all. They're putting the customer through the ringer because of a used games market? Maybe they should open up their own market instead of being undercut by GameStop. Or maybe rent games out to fuck over GameFly. If used games have taught me anything, it's that I shouldn't have been such an idiot and waited over a year to get the awesome game in the first place. So when the sequel comes out, I preorder. If I can't have that luxury anymore then fuck them, I won't buy at all.

Anyone who knows a ton about building an awesome computer on a decent budget, please let me know. I'll be on that wagon as soon as this new exBox releases.

Edited by rzb

I have a buddy back on the east coast who is willing to build me a monster of a PC for less than $600. He claims that what he can build will shame even some of the high-end gaming PC's on the market. I have seen his PC for myself and have known the guy since we were 10, so I fully trust him. I am pretty sure that I will take him up on the offer.

Also, as I said before, I think that these "leaks" are intentional for the companies to guage fan reaction to these ideas. Much like Sony's "boomerang" controller that was 'leaked' before the PS3 was released.

PC games are for the most part way better than consoles versions. Sports games are the only thing better on consoles. I just plug in my ps3 controller and play.

Also, as I said before, I think that these "leaks" are intentional for the companies to guage fan reaction to these ideas. Much like Sony's "boomerang" controller that was 'leaked' before the PS3 was released.

I said exactly this the other day in the shoutbox.

It probably is and I haven't found 1 person who likes this yet.

I said exactly this the other day in the shoutbox.

I said it in another thread about a week ago, when this news was first "leaked".

It's not a bad train of thought, but they have to be approaching the deadline. With less than 10 months (maximum) until release... They are going to need to have plans for the controller and these games that can't be pirated to send off to developers in order for them to get games out in time for release.

Regardless, we will find out a lot more at this scheduled event in a couple of weeks.

It's not a bad train of thought, but they have to be approaching the deadline. With less than 10 months (maximum) until release... They are going to need to have plans for the controller and these games that can't be pirated to send off to developers in order for them to get games out in time for release.

Regardless, we will find out a lot more at this scheduled event in a couple of weeks.

They may not even release the systems this year. I've heard Christmas time of 2014.

They may not even release the systems this year. I've heard Christmas time of 2014.

Whaaaaat. That's what I thought originally, a couple months ago... But what I have been reading lately suggests it is going to be earlier than that. As in.. this Christmas.

We won't know for sure probably for another couple weeks... but what have you seen that says '14?

Yeah, if Sony is going to announce something in a couple weeks (seems pretty weird to have an event if you're not going to announce the PS4) I have a hard time believing they're going to announce it a year and a half before it's going to come out.

Rumors are fun. Full details are in the article.

http://kotaku.com/5982986/we-know-all-about-the-next-xbox-from-someone-who-says-theyve-got-one

The next-generation Xbox—the one that will follow the still-popular Xbox 360—will run multiple games at once, require game installations, and will only work when a much-improved version of the popular but divisive Kinect sensor array is plugged in, according to a source who says he has access to development hardware. Those are a just a few details about the new console, codenamed Durango, that were shared with us by a person with access to next-gen information. Our source also claims to have a pair of Durango development kits.

We've also heard more about how the system apparently works and what it will be like to control it and play games on it, though we've not seen the unit ourselves. Our source even claims to have played some Durango games, describing the graphical leap from current-gen console gaming like going from playing Halo 2 on an original Xbox to playing Crysis on a powerful PC.

They will only work while the kinect is plugged in? :rofl:

I get it now.

I have cracked the code of what is actually going on, people.

Stay with me, this might get a bit complicated.

So, Sony saw how popular the Xbox was, and they were like, "Fuck that", so they contacted the KGB to send in spies for them. These spies got into Microsoft headquarters and found designs for the awesomest of all console systems ever to hit the market.

Sony decided this could never happen because they could never possibly compete with it. So they told these spies from the KGB to pose as employees from Microsoft and send out all these leaks saying these incredibly stupid things about what the Xbox would have to do to play games- such as being online permanently, etc. However, when this latest rumor was released, Microsoft caught on to their ploy, as Microsoft knew even their developers weren't stupid enough to force people to use Kinect.

So then they contacted the CIA and got spies sent into Sony, and found designs for the shittiest game console to ever hit the market.

And they were like, "Huh. Guess we don't need to sabotage Sony."

And thus you have the current rumors floating around.

• Upvote 2

:yao:

Touchpads and motion sensors on controllers... meh. I don't even like touchpads on my computer/laptop. lol

I don't get this retarded logic that companies deserve a piece of these re-sold games. When you create a product, and it becomes sold...you no longer have a right to that product, the customer does. What now, are clothes companies gonna try and charge me for selling used clothes?

• Upvote 1

I don't get this retarded logic that companies deserve a piece of these re-sold games. When you create a product, and it becomes sold...you no longer have a right to that product, the customer does. What now, are clothes companies gonna try and charge me for selling used clothes?

That's exactly my line of thought. What right do they have to money off of a used product? Every other product, when its been on the market for awhile, starts to sell used as well as new. Why are video games different?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/16/report-playstation-4-will-stream-games

Not surprisingly, the PlayStation 4 rumors have been flowing as of late. With the expected reveal of the console coming this Wednesday, February 20 in New York City, it only makes sense that little bits of information would begin to emerge about what we’ll be seeing.

The newest rumor is in regard to the next PlayStation’s ability to stream games. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that “Sony Corp. is planning to offer technology to stream games to its next videogame console,” according to its own sources.

The new technology, to be unveiled Wednesday along with the new console, will allow users to play games delivered over the Internet, these people said. The streaming service, they added, is designed to use current PlayStation 3 titles on the new console; the new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

As WSJ points out, such a move on Sony’s part would be unsurprising. Even when it was drowning in red ink, it still took a massive risk when it bought streaming service Gaikai for $380 million. There is absolutely no doubt that, with an investment that significant at such a difficult time for Sony, Gaikai's technology will be poised to play an important role in Sony’s future.

Streaming games to PlayStation 4 (and perhaps other Sony devices) would be significant, giving gamers access to a wide array of titles that they never had to purchase outright. This could suggest that Sony may have a game rental-like service on its next PlayStation, or perhaps even a new subscription service that would give gamers access to a library of offerings. At this point, everything remains speculative.

We've reached out to Sony for official comment and will update when we hear back. In the meantime, catch up on all of the pertinent PlayStation 4 news and rumors, including (but not limited to) information on PS4's controller, word of a new LittleBigPlanet and the possibility of Killzone 4 being a launch title.