BLUE

Next Gen Console News & Updates

My brother, dad, and I all have separate PS3s and we share games sometimes. It should be enough that people are all willing to buy their own system.

One of the features of the Playstation Plus membership is the ability to upload one's game saves to PSN and take your game to a friend's house and play your save with your PSN account at their house. This will do away with that unless your friend has the game as well. So, so stupid.

I feel like this will vastly increase the already blooming game pirating community.

My brother, dad, and I all have separate PS3s and we share games sometimes. It should be enough that people are all willing to buy their own system.

One of the features of the Playstation Plus membership is the ability to upload one's game saves to PSN and take your game to a friend's house and play your save with your PSN account at their house. This will do away with that unless your friend has the game as well. So, so stupid.

I feel like this will vastly increase the already blooming game pirating community.

This may help end pirating on consoles. I think this is part of the reason it will require you to be online at all times, so when you put the disk it will have like a coded serial in it and it won't work for anyone else anymore. So unless they figure a way to make every copy seem new, its not going to work.

This may help end pirating on consoles. I think this is part of the reason it will require you to be online at all times, so when you put the disk it will have like a coded serial in it and it won't work for anyone else anymore. So unless they figure a way to make every copy seem new, its not going to work.

People will find ways around it. They always have, always will.

Sony's planning a Playstation event on the 20th of this month. Hopefully we get a reveal with some solid details to end the speculation, though if they do, that kinda goes against Sony saying that they were going to let Microsoft announce the 360 first. Hopefully it will actually amount to something and not just be a lame event.

Edited by Vin

This may be the one thing that ultimately forces me into PC gaming, or in the extreme, give up gaming altogether. I cannot imagine what this will end up doing to stores like Gamestop, who seem to rely on used game sales as much as new.

I'll post this here because I don't know if it is really worth it's own thread.

According to a newspaper article from Japan, Sony's upcoming system will be north of $400, but less than the initial PS3 offerings.

Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun reports that the PlayStation 4 will retail for 40,000 yen, which works out to be about $428. This would be a bit less than the initial price of the PS3 back when it released in Japan in 2006 with 20GB ($499) and 60GB ($599) configurations. Speaking of which, the Asahi reporting of a single price would seem to indicate that Sony will launch with only one version of the console this time, but that has not been officially confirmed.

Also mentioned in the report is that the system's controller will be similar in shape to the current one, but will have touchpad.

This is good news, I supposed. With the Eye toy or whatever and the touchpad controller, I would have thought they would be asking for like $800. lol

I'll be skipping out on getting a new system for the the next couple of years.

Fuck the fucking touchpad bullshit already. It was cool when the DS came out with it when I was like, 12, but my god do I not care now.

• Upvote 1

Always with fucking money. Making sure no one just go over someones house and play a game, for like a party. Bullshit. Im sticking with the systems i have now.

David Cage, the CEO of Quantic Dream:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/questioning-david-cage

On one hand, I understand consumer’s position. Games are expensive. When they buy something they want to be able to trade it, most of the time to buy more games. I can understand that point. On the other side, I understand the point of the industry. Each time you buy a used game, this is money that doesn’t go into the pocket of the people that took the risk to create this, to finance it, to develop it. This is also unfair. So I don’t know what is the right answer. I don’t know if making this impossible [to play used games] is the answer. Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s more about explaining and about telling people who really love games that if they buy used games, there will be a day where there won’t be any new games at all.

Don't keep the same shitty games at $60 for 3 years and that wouldn't be a problem.

• Upvote 1

I have slowly been drifting towards PC gaming recently, and if the new consoles are like this I will probably only game on my computer. Computers already run a lot better and make the quality of the game better, and that doesn't look to be changing. Now with not being able to swap discs, there really is no reason to have a console.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

lol. maybe I'll get a 360 or a ps3 after the next gen's come out... you know If they ever drop the price enough to make it worth my while.

What the fuck? This is so fucking stupid. i'll be keeping my PS3.

Might need to buy a corded controller. I really hate using the keyboard.

I'll try PC gaming with my ps3 controller

• Upvote 1

Backwards compatibility is a bigger issue for me. If the PS4 doesn't launch with it, then I'll likely be postponing my purchase for a while.

• Upvote 1

Backwards compatibility is a bigger issue for me. If the PS4 doesn't launch with it, then I'll likely be postponing my purchase for a while.

Ya. I remember getting mad when a few of the older maddens and stuff like NFL street weren't compatible on 360. Really lame. I haven't heard anything on this yet, though.

I'll try PC gaming with my ps3 controller

Been doing this for a while. One of the main reasons I've always been a console gamer primarily is that I love having the controller over the stupid keyboard/mouse combo and I like playing on my TV rather than being stuck in a computer chair.

If you don't already know how, here's the program for using your PS3 controller.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

If you don't have a 64 bit operating system, they also offer 32 bit support.

I hate this shit...how does this make your product offering better? These companies are just gonna piss everyone off. I'm glad I've moved over to PC gaming in the past half-year...console gaming just gets worse and worse.

Come one, come all, to PC Gaming!

I was trying to make an argument for PC gaming > console gaming the other day, but Microsoft and Sony just did it for me! Thank you, guys, much appreciated.

Good luck trying to get around pirating things, it will always exist, and the more you try to stop it, the more actual customers you will lose, because you make us feel like pirates. This is not limited to just console, (take Dark Souls for PC, for instance), but I can still game while avoiding titles that use things like Games for Windows Live, (which, incidentally, I have now learned was created by The Man Downstairs himself as part of his plot to drive humanity to mass suicide).

Still, we have a much better looking future than console gaming. Although building your own computer might be difficult in a bit, considering that they're thinking of integrating the CPU, RAM, and video card on *all* motherboards, (well Intel is, AMD is still not going to do so).

On one hand, I understand consumer’s position. Games are expensive. When they buy something they want to be able to trade it, most of the time to buy more games. I can understand that point. On the other side, I understand the point of the industry. Each time you buy a used game, this is money that doesn’t go into the pocket of the people that took the risk to create this, to finance it, to develop it. This is also unfair. So I don’t know what is the right answer. I don’t know if making this impossible [to play used games] is the answer. Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s more about explaining and about telling people who really love games that if they buy used games, there will be a day where there won’t be any new games at all.

Anyone else think this argument is completely and totally whack? It comes back to this question: if I buy a game, is it mine, or am I just renting it? The gaming industry wants you to think it isn't yours. It's so stupid that they are trying to prevent you from reselling YOUR property. If I'm showing a movie I OWN to my friends, using this argument, I'd have to make sure all of them own the movie first. It is simply stupid that the gaming industry is trying to put this forward as a legitimate argument. No, Mr. David Cage, we can't see the industry's side of things because its a completely ASININE side of things. Its MY FUCKING GAME if I want to sell it to a friend, that should be my right. Its not unfair in the slightest. It was my game, I paid for it, I played it, so I get to decide what happens to it now.

Gah. This stuff gets me so pissed off.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Yeah; I'm staying with my 360 and possibly investing in a PC instead of this shit.