oochymp

Titans free agent signings

Titans are on verge of reaching agreement in principle on a contract with Buffalo Bills guard Andy Levitre and San Francisco 49ers tight end Delanie Walker, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Levitre and Walker would fill the void left by retiring guard Steve Hutchinson and tight end Jared Cook, who is likely to sign elsewhere.

Source: ESPN

talk about making a quick splash, if we landed these two combined with bringing in George Wilson I'd have to call that a successful free agency

Edited by oochymp

amazing how quickly things change right now, the article linked above now says the following:

The Tennessee Titans reached agreements in principle on contracts with Buffalo Bills guardAndy Levitre and San Francisco 49ers tight end Delanie Walker, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Levitre agreed to a five-year, $39 million deal that makes him one of the league's five highest-paid guards. Walker agreed to a four-year conract.

Source: same as OP

rock.gif

the Tennessean is reporting Levitre's deal to be six years and $46.8 million, same amount per year ($7.8M) but one more year (Link) I guess at some point we'll find out which one is right

Edited by oochymp

Good luck in Tennessee D Walk!

the Tennessean is reporting Levitre's deal to be six years and $46.8 million, same amount per year ($7.8M) but one more year (Link) I guess at some point we'll find out which one is right

spotrac (which seems to be pretty reliable on player contracts) is also reporting $46.8M/6y (Link) so those numbers are probably right, but then again Schefter's usually reliable too

I still haven't seen any financials on Walker's deal, but everything seems in agreement that it's a four year deal

Edited by oochymp

Dude drop' date=' what, 40% of the passes thrown at him? :lol:[/quote']

39 targets. 7 drops.

That's a ton for a guard. Not happy to lose him, especially since it seems like the bills didn't even try to get him, but he isn't worth that much.

@JasonLaCanfora

Levitre's deal with TEN, 6yrs $46.8M. Whopping $13M in 2013, $19.5M o er 1st 2 yrs of deal

With all the cap space we have this year, it's an extremely intelligent move.

We're also on the verge of getting Sammie Lee Hill.

@jwyattsports

The #Titans on the verge of landing their 3rd free agent -- former #Lions DL Sammie Lee Hill. Deal expected in next 24 hours

We're also on the verge of getting Sammie Lee Hill.

Lee Hill would be a nice big body to have on the dline. Casey/Martin with Klug in the rotation is a nice sight to think of. Get Hill, we have our power Dt, and Casey/Martin the pass rushers.

I wonder if we will look at Osi or a vet pass rusher next.

^ Doubt we sign anyone like Osi. We have our starting DEs, probably not looking to spend a lot of money on that position. Just need to get some depth.

@glennonsports

Stat nugget re new #Titans LG Andy Levitre: Bills ran 49 times over LG last season for an avg. of 6.43 yards, top figure in NFL.

:biggrin:

I would say brilliant with the young players we'll need to lock down during the later years of that contract

CJ Spiller is good enough to inflate any numbers. Not saying Levitre is bad, just that he may be overpaid. I'm looking forward to seeing Chris Johnson still have trouble breaking 3 YPC despite much improved blocking.

I decided I didn't want to make a new thread, but we also signed Shonn Green, Sammie Lee Hill, and Moise Fokou, Fokou should give us a great piece for depth at LB, Hill sounds like he'll be a nice big body in the middle, which we need, and Green should be a great compliment to CJ, he wasn't much as a lead back in NY but I read he was something like 23 of 26 getting a first down from 3d or 4th and 3 or less, I couldn't ask for much more out of the first two days of free agency

I decided I didn't want to make a new thread, but we also signed Shonn Green, Sammie Lee Hill, and Moise Fokou, Fokou should give us a great piece for depth at LB, Hill sounds like he'll be a nice big body in the middle, which we need, and Green should be a great compliment to CJ, he wasn't much as a lead back in NY but I read he was something like 23 of 26 getting a first down from 3d or 4th and 3 or less, I couldn't ask for much more out of the first two days of free agency

Brandon Gibson is visiting us Friday as well.

Brandon Gibson is visiting us Friday as well.

I'm definitely not a fan of bringing in a WR knowing that Washington is the guy on the chopping block, there's absolutely no reason not to keep Washington

I'm definitely not a fan of bringing in a WR knowing that Washington is the guy on the chopping block, there's absolutely no reason not to keep Washington

Hell i doubt he even leaves NY. So im not worried about him coming here.

Also, we are targeting DE Matt Shaughnessy. Hes a good run stopper so im in for it. If we do get him, hopefully that means we go BPA in the draft.

Don't be shocked if Warmack is the pick at #10. Munchak wants a tough, physical team. Adding Warmack to the line only emphasizes that even further on top of our signings the past 2 days.

Plus, a line of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart is orgasmic. We seem to be switching back to smashmouth football, given we've said we want to give Locker more short to intermediate throws, and we've brought in a 2nd RB to help CJ. Very reminiscent of the late 90s offense when Steve McNair was still struggling to develop as a passer, like Locker is now.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Don't be shocked if Warmack is the pick at #10. Munchak wants a tough, physical team. Adding Warmack to the line only emphasizes that even further on top of our signings the past 2 days.

Plus, a line of Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart is orgasmic. We seem to be switching back to smashmouth football, given we've said we want to give Locker more short to intermediate throws, and we've brought in a 2nd RB to help CJ. Very reminiscent of the late 90s offense when Steve McNair was still struggling to develop as a passer, like Locker is now.

I'm almost expecting us to take a guard, whether it's Warmack or Cooper (if Warmack is gone or it seems some people are starting to put Cooper ahead of Warmack, not sure what the Titans FO thinks) and our oline will definitely be a lot better (though that's admittedly not saying a lot) I'm definitely liking all of the additions we've made

Y'all overpaid, but Levitre is a good guard. Like Razor said, might of been helped out by Jackson and Spiller with those stats for running behind him but regardless he's still a good guard. Y'all better not draft Warmack tho...

:angry:

ojicu1.png

Brad Jones is visiting us today. And i seen Matt shaughnessy is supposed to visit later on this weekend. About time the Titans wake up and try to build a contender.

Titans are sure putting together a nice-offseason. Out of every team so far...I like what the Titans have done the best. Especially offensively, and if they do draft Warmack...I think CJ goes off this year.

Brad Jones is visiting us today. And i seen Matt shaughnessy is supposed to visit later on this weekend. About time the Titans wake up and try to build a contender.

Very very solid player. Gonna suck that we spend all this time developing him, watch him fail at OLB.. Move him inside and he has all this success and now he is going to be gone.

GM Ruston Webster said Thursday evening that the Titans still had between $5 million and $7 million in salary-cap cushion.

So far they've signed six free agents, re-signed one of their own free agents (Darius Reynaud) and tendered restricted free agent center Fernando Velasco.

Those expenditures for guard Andy Levitre, defensive tackle Sammie Lee Hill, tight endDelanie Walker, running back Shonn Greene, safety George Wilson, linebacker Moise Fokou, Reynaud and Velasco amount to $18,822,999. That factors in $1 million for Reynaud whose numbers I don't have. Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean said his one-year deal is for around $1 million.

Tennessee got a bit of savings from cutting safety Jordan Babineaux. That saved them $1.8 million against the 2013 cap. [uPDATE: And I forgot Steve Hutchinson's retirement, which saved the team $3.75 million, a total that's more than I'd previously reported.]

On Feb. 21, the numbers I had access to said the Titans had $18.021 million in cap room, and that already included Wilson.

My math, which has proved unreliable several times today, says they should have about $6.448 million in room left right now.

Source: Tennessee Titans have spent $18,822,999 cap dollars - ESPN

assuming those numbers are right, any more signings at this point will need cuts to go with them because we'll probably need most of that $6.4M to sign draft picks and I think you generally want to go into the season with a little space in case you need to pick someone up mid-season

Very very solid player. Gonna suck that we spend all this time developing him, watch him fail at OLB.. Move him inside and he has all this success and now he is going to be gone.

Yeah hes solid. Would be the final depth peice for our Lb core. McCarthy is always hurt and it would be nice to have a backup player whos capable of starting for half a season.

Also i hope we release Amano. Hed give us some more cap room. His big contract he signed was LoL worthy. Cut his ass and get Jones in Tennessee.