Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2013 Regular Season thread

I'm surprised there was no snark there. lol. Thanks.

Pirates looking really good. They made a lot of nice additions over the last few weeks too. Getting Grilli back should help as well. Congrats to them on having a winning season!

Although the Braves were expected to have a very good team this season I wonder how many people would have expected them to still have the best record in baseball after all their injuries AND the major struggles of BJ Upton and Dan Uggla. O'Flaherty, Venters, Hudson, Ramiro Pena, Tyler Pastornicky all had season ending injuries. Beachy came back from over a year out pitched a few games and got hurt again. Uggla, BJ, Schafer (who has been a very nice pick up as a 4th OF), Gattis, Laird, and Heyward x2 have all missed significant time with injuries as well. Freddie Gonzalez got criticized a lot when he first replaced Cox but tbh he has done a fantastic job this season juggling everything. I bet he is thrilled not to work for that idiot down in miami anymore (a shame for that city to put up with that guy).

Can't wait till the playoffs!

I said before the nine game stretch with Atlanta, Detroit, and Baltimore I'd be content if the Indians were at least about 3 games back of the wildcard. It's amazing that so far we've gone 2-6 and absolutely shit the bed and still sit 3.5 back.

It'd be pretty clutch if we can win tonight and take the series against the O's.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Just got two tickets (me and my older brother) to the second NLDS home game (presumably Game Two). Pumped as hell. Easily the most pivotal sporting event I'll ever have attended.

• Upvote 1

Yu once again got his shit kicked in by the A's. He's now 0-3 against the A's this year. :yao:

YU MAD, MATHIAS AND SARGE? :sloth::megusta::smug:

• Downvote 1

Waino wasn't letting the Buccos off the hook this time... Absolutely dominated with no chance of losing when Waino pitches like that.

And once again.....

THE CARDINALS ARE IN FIRST PLACE.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

So Andrelton had an epic at bat and hit a two run homer to tie it in the top of the 9th. So who did Fredi Gonzalez send out to protect this tie? Freddy Fucking Garcia, who promptly serves up a home run to light hitting Freddy Galvis. Case in point: Fuck the name Freddy/Fredi.

May be a lost season, but it always feels good to beat the Braves. :smug:

Pirates have been stuck on 81 wins since Tuesday. Looking likely that they'll lose out and finish at 81-81. :troll:

AL Wild Card Race is turning into chaos. Gonna be a fun finish.

Lol Phil.

7+ innings of 2 hit ball from Michael Wacha... Hell yes.

BRING OUT THE BROOMS!

• Upvote 1

Winning six of the last seven 3 over St Louis and the 3 game sweep of the Dodgers has put the Reds in a great position to win the division. They have Milwaukee,Chicago and Houston coming up. It's going to be interesting.

Hardest part of our schedule is over with a SWEEP of the Pirates. Milwaukee, Seattle, Colorado, Washington, and Chicago are left. If we lose the division, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs... Then we will win the WS.

Gerrit Cole whopped the dog shit out of the Rangers last night. great way to get win #82, baby!

Derek Jeter is done for the year, Yankees have put him back on the DL with ankle issues. Is this the last that is seen of possibly the best SS in the history of baseball?

Yankees have an nice easy run but are fairly banged up right now, hoping that they can make the playoffs still

Pirates swept the Rangers and are now in a great position to make the playoffs. Fuckin' right.

Dan Uggla appears to have been benched in favor of ELLIOT FUCKING JOHNSON!! Haha, what a tool. Hope it stays true into October.

Derek Jeter is done for the year, Yankees have put him back on the DL with ankle issues. Is this the last that is seen of possibly the best SS in the history of baseball?

Yankees have an nice easy run but are fairly banged up right now, hoping that they can make the playoffs still

He's not even close to being the best SS in history. LOL.

... and Jose Fernandez' season ends. Badass. We hill win NL RoY?

He also homered and the drama that went with it was entertaining.

Edited by Bay

He's not even close to being the best SS in history. LOL.

How can you even say this? Jeter in his 17 years with the Yankees has 13 all star appearances (granted this really doesn't mean to much due to the voting system) but has 5 gold gloves, 4 silver slugger awards and is the all time leader in hits at the SS position. Not to mention 5 world series rings and a world series MVP to his name.

I know that there are many greats to have played SS in the history of the MLB, but to say that Jeter is not even close is ridiculous.

Edited by Arz