JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

The Champs are either going to be the Heat (if they beat Indy) or SA (if Indy beats Mia) ? What a waste of an NBA season. :shifty:

I'd say just having a possible champion other than the heat is an unexpected boost to the playoffs.

I still can't see any scenario in which the Heat aren't winning this thing. I truly think they're still far and away the best team in the league and three weeks ago, everyone would have agreed with me. People are overreacting, the same way they did when the Bulls won game one against them

I still can't see any scenario in which the Heat aren't winning this thing. I truly think they're still far and away the best team in the league and three weeks ago, everyone would have agreed with me. People are overreacting, the same way they did when the Bulls won game one against them

You might be right, but the Pacers are a different, unique animal. There is no other team like them. The same can be said for the Heat, but maybe that's why they're such a great matchup.

I think the Heat win game 3, by the way.

Jumping off the Pacers bandwagon now. holy shit they look terrible. Heat in 5.

Haslem with 17 points so far how does that happen???!!

Edited by BradyFan81

Jumping off the Pacers bandwagon now. holy shit they look terrible. Heat in 5.

Haslem with 17 points so far how does that happen???!!

How about we all stop overreacting to one game?

Pacers don't have any offense players they can go to in situations like this. They have to win by playing great D or its a loss for them.

For once... It took Miami more than the Big 3 to beat somebody. That's pretty huge in and of itself. The Pacers came into the series with the edge after 2 games. The Heat have made adjustments and responded nicely. Ball is back in the Pacers court.

MVParker!!!! What a game. He is unbelievable.

Go Spurs Go!

Great series by the Spurs. So excited they're back in the Finals. Spurs Nation!

I wonder who would be a better matchup for the Spurs, Heat or Pacers? Pacers have the bigs to clog inside and force SA to shoot to win. Miami has the perimeter players to take away the shot and force the Spurs to beat them inside.

Guest Phailadelphia

So much for that "matchup nightmare."

So much for that "matchup nightmare."

This may be one scenario where Rudy Gay might have been able to help Memphis. Or at least OJ Mayo.

No way. Rudy would have wasted so many possessions. It's not like the Spurs blew out Memphis every game. The 4-0 sweep is misleading. Spurs obviously controlled every game and that is because they are simply a better team.

Parker's line tonight - my goodness.

No way. Rudy would have wasted so many possessions. It's not like the Spurs blew out Memphis every game. The 4-0 sweep is misleading. Spurs obviously controlled every game and that is because they are simply a better team.

Parker's line tonight - my goodness.

It's hard to know, because Rudy would have been on for 1 or 2 of these four games.

Hansbourgh made some real bonehead plays in the second quarter last night, Pacers got down to 10 fast, and never recovered after that. Heat got their confidence back and there was no looking back. Probably going to be another blowout series. Heat in 5! I doubt anyone can stop them. :grinno:

I predicted the Spurs would win somehow in 5, but I really thought they were at a disadvantage. Guess I was wrong. lol.

I wonder who would be a better matchup for the Spurs, Heat or Pacers? Pacers have the bigs to clog inside and force SA to shoot to win. Miami has the perimeter players to take away the shot and force the Spurs to beat them inside.

The Heat would be a much harder matchup against the Spurs offense... The Pacers would lead to the same results as the Grizz.

Great win by the Spurs but the amount of offensive rebounds they can give up at times is scary. Too many times they allowed the Grizz to get back into the game because of 2nd chance points.

Tony Parker was unbelievable and showed why he should be considered as one of the better PGs in the league.

It's hard to know, because Rudy would have been on for 1 or 2 of these four games.

And it still wouldn't have mattered. Spurs are just better.

That was some of the best team defense I have ever seen the Spurs play. Including their early/mid 2000 years. Tiago and Tim were incredible.

Excited to watch the rest of the ECF.

Edited by The Admiral
  • Upvote 1

I disagree. There were two overtime games in which Duncan just all of sudden lit on fire. It was ridiculous. A go-to scorer could have won either of those games for Memphis, but when your go-to scorer is 6'1, 185, it's kind of hard to get him a decent shot.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I disagree. There were two overtime games in which Duncan just all of sudden lit on fire. It was ridiculous. A go-to scorer could have won either of those games for Memphis, but when your go-to scorer is 6'1, 185, it's kind of hard to get him a decent shot.

If you are going to be hypothetical like that, I could simply say that it would have never made it to overtime. The Spurs played the best defense I have seen them play in 10 years. Rudy Gay or not, they were not beating the Spurs.

It's not really ridiculous when a Hall of Famer takes over overtime. That is experience, skill and confidence all rolled into one.

Nobody was questioning there style of play and needing Rudy when the slipped 4 straight past LA, or grinded through the Thunder.

You always have something to discredit the Spurs for. I'm pretty used to it, because people have been doing that since I have followed them, many moons ago. You predicted it terribly - hell, I don't think anybody predicted a sweep, but give credit where credit is due instead of saying "oh well if they had _______ they could have won a couple..." Pretty pathetic. Spurs played awesome, and deserved the series sweep. They controlled all but 3 quarters.

Edited by The Admiral

The opportunity cost of keeping Gay would have been not making it as far as they did in the playoffs. He Grizzly probably wouldn't of made it past the Westbrook-less Thunder.

What always gets left out of these discussions about late game heroics and "clutch" plays is that if the team that was behind performed better at a earlier stage of the game, the need for a late game shot wouldn't be needed. Gay being there would of just led to a bigger deficit from the start against the Spurs.

The Grizzlies need a legit consistent perimeter threat... I wouldn't consider Gay that even if you include some of his most explosive games.

Not to mention the Spurs are really tough to beat when they have BOTH Parker and Duncan playing well, but especially Parker going off like that. Gay couldn't have helped the Grizzlies play better defense against those two.

Rudy Gay is a overrated ball hog. The Grizzles are a better team without him.

People really underestimated Tiago and Tim's post defense. They put on an absolute clinic down low.

Yeah Rudy Gay's overrated. He scores a lot, but only cause he takes a ton of shots. He destroys ball movement