JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

I thought they had a chance and I even chose them to proceed to ECF. Knicks aren't playing poorly in this series, Indiana is playing amazing basketball.

I think they're pretty equal right now, maybe Indiana is slightly better. This team is going to be scary when Danny Granger returns.

The Knicks are under-performing. Nobody is denying that the Pacers have a great defense, but seeing how close these games have been considering how badly the NYKs have been playing, I don't blame some for saying the Knicks are under performing... Cause they are...

If they just passed the ball more and operated the pick and roll, this series could be a different story. But Mike Woodson has no clue how to run an efficient offense.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

:sigh:

Well, no more basketball for Badgers until next season. Begin off-season wishlist:

• I don't care much for re-signing Nate Robinson, believe it or not. He entered this year as a third stringer and although he was a monster (sort of) for us especially in the playoffs, he's terrible on defense, which is the root of our success. Would rather enter next season with Rose and Hinrich.
  • Please do not trade away Butler or Deng (rumors have been going around). Deng may be getting old but he's still an all-star. And Butler is a future All-Star if you ask me. Great defensive player and is exactly what we need on our team. Get rid of Boozer he's too risky to keep, shows up to only half of the games and never in the postseason.
  • We should definitely re-sign Marco Belinelli, though i acknowledge it is unlikely. He's better than Rip (dear God why is he on this team), and showed us many times throughout the season that he is starting quality. Heard words about Korver wanting to come back, that's great, but I think I like Marco a tad better.

Next year's starting lineup:

PG: Rose

PF: Gibson

SF: Deng

SG: Butler

C: Noah

Bench: Belinelli, Teague, Hinrich, Korver (?), Mohammed (?)

Also, I can't remember where I saw it but I heard of Chris "Birdman" Andersen being a potential free agency signing for us? That'd be a killer signing for us to replace Mohammed.

And just a general wish: whether it is Chicago, Indiana, Boston, etc. WHOEVER....please, lord, give us somebody in 2013 who can at least beat Miami and not let them go for a three-peat.

Well, that's about it. If I disappear from TGP, I shall return when football kicks up.

Kendrick Perkins is so fucking useless. Why does he continue to get so many minutes? He's probably the worst starter in the entire playoffs.

• Upvote 1

The Knicks are not in Indiana's ballpark, lol. Stop making excuses for them.

Kendrick Perkins is so fucking useless. Why does he continue to get so many minutes? He's probably the worst starter in the entire playoffs.

Kendrick Perkins is an amazing defender. He can take any post out of the game almost entirely. He may look poor out there but the truth is he is an absolute lock down on posts. The problem for OKC is that Ibaka can't handle his guy and they can't keep Conley out of the lane. When the rest of the defense breaks down, Perk has to try to compensate.

Lol. Mike Woodson is dropping the ball, and anyone who watches the games will tell you that, with his terrible lineups, and terrible offensive playcalling. Indiana's offense is pretty bad, and if the Knicks weren't missing wide open shots, and JR Smith playing even decent the series would be different. Stop buying the hype.

With the shitty way the NYKs offense has been, the Pacers getting pushed deep into the 4th in both home games tell you all you need to know.

Lol. Mike Woodson is dropping the ball, and anyone who watches the games will tell you that, with his terrible lineups, and terrible offensive playcalling. Indiana's offense is pretty bad, and if the Knicks weren't missing wide open shots, and JR Smith playing even decent the series would be different. Stop buying the hype.

With the shitty way the NYKs offense has been, the Pacers getting pushed deep into the 4th in both home games tell you all you need to know.

The Pacers are making NYK's offense shitty, and each of their wins has been decided with 2 minutes left. They're the better team. No matter the Knicks strategy, the Pacers win this series.

If you call missing open threes that they hit all the time, and JR Smith being invisible with barely any attention, great defense, then sure. Have it your way. Lol.

Anyway, FREE LAMB!! FREE PJIII!!!

I know Perkins is great in the post - as he showed in the WCF last year, but Gasol and primarily Zach had their way with him on numerous occasions this series. It was also painful watching Collison just get bullied down there.

I can definitely see Perkins getting amnestied.

Memphis is an absolute match-up nightmare for almost any team in the league for a 7 game series. Great for their franchise to make the WCF, but damn I have hated them so much ever since they beat my boys as the 8th seed.

Finally, #LetThabeetBeThabeet.

Edited by The Admiral

Guest Phailadelphia

That's a Grizzlies fan, btw.

He's also a Westbrook homer:

@dparks24 You realize I'm one of the biggest advocates for Russ? That I talk about how he's nothing but a benefit for the Thunder?

Guest Phailadelphia

Anyone that would argue Westbrook isn't a benefit for the Thunder has bad opinions and should feel bad.

• Upvote 1

Badgers... Deng is NOT a all star... Hbes a damn good player and defender. But not allstar. Below that im sure. Bulls have a good ass coach on D. Thats why they played every game pretty tight. When u can play D and shut down teams at a stretch, u will win games.

Anyone that would argue Westbrook isn't a benefit for the Thunder has bad opinions and should feel bad.

That's not the point.

You posted a different tweet of his and made sure we knew he was a Grizz fan, but it makes a lot of sense knowing he is a huge supporter of Westbrook. lol.

Grizz win this series with or without Westbrook -- although maybe with Westbrook taking more shots it gives KD less opportunities to choke. Thunder need a finisher, that's what they need :yep:

• Downvote 1

Memphis can take it all IMO. Even against the Heat. But if the refs favor the Heat, which in sure what it will be, Memphis will be in trouble. Marc Gasol is already better then his brother. Hes a beast. That duo inside is nasty.

I also think, if the Bulls can stay healthy next year and add another scorer off the bench, they could be title contenders.

I still can't fathom the Harden trade, especially since they could have kept him by getting rid of the dead weight that is Kendrick Perkins.

Don't trade Harden, wait until the end of the season to amnesty Perk, and keep your core of Westbrook, Harden, Durant, and Ibaka together for the next few years. None of those guys are even 25 yet, they haven't reached their primes. Doesn't matter who you surround those guys with, you're going to be legit contenders year in and year out.

I don't know if the Thunder need to add a scorer so much as actually give PJ3 and Lamb some minutes. I really think it was foolish of Brooks to not try to work one or the other into the lineup during the regular season when the Thunder won plenty of games by double digits.

Russell Westbrook makes a difference but all three of the West's remaining teams were more than capable of beating a healthy OKC team.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

So, according to PER, Perkins had the worst playoffs ever.

PER isn't perfect, but it means enough to know that's not good.

Edited by blotsfan

Perkins had as many turnovers as he did points in the playoffs and only shot 27% from the field.

• Upvote 1

Kendrick Perkins sucks ass. Like I said earlier in the thread, worst starter in the playoffs.

Oh, and LOL at anyone who thinks the Thunder would have won the series if Westbrook played.

I just read that Kendrick Perkins is making $8.5 million this year. Is this actually true? If so, wow... what the fuck were the Thunder thinking when they got rid of James Harden instead of this bum?

kendrickperkinsstinks.gif

:rofl:

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Kendrick Perkins is getting all the flack for the wrong reasons.

What he brings to a team is extremely vital, and getting schooled by one of the most skilled post scorers doesn't change that.

All it highlights is how much OKC needs Westbrook.

Kendrick Perkins is getting all the flack for the wrong reasons.

What he brings to a team is extremely vital, and getting schooled by one of the most skilled post scorers doesn't change that.

All it highlights is how much OKC needs Westbrook.

I was of the opinion that Perk was ass long before the Memphis series, I thought he sucked before the playoffs last season.