Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

The Prospective Designs For The Atlanta Falcons' New Stadium Are Crazy

via Deadspin

Visit the article for more info. Doesnt the dome opening and closing remind you of something?

original.png

original.png

TBH, that looks retarded.

• Upvote 1

No way the final stadium looks anything like this. That design doesn't look feasible at all.

The first stadium would be extremely dope. Like... Holy shit.

I'd make every effort to go to that stadium.

It's the same stadium bro, the second pic is just what it looks like when the "roof" is closed.

It's the same stadium bro, the second pic is just what it looks like when the "roof" is closed.

Nah, I opened up the PDF link and it had two different stadiums, Pantheon and Solarium. Both would be amazing, but I LOVE pantheon.

Nah, I opened up the PDF link and it had two different stadiums, Pantheon and Solarium. Both would be amazing, but I LOVE pantheon.

Ahhh okay, my bad :p

Yeah of those two, the Pantheon definitely looks better.

Those look pretty sweet. Even though I love the old stadiums (like Lambeau, :p) I definitely have a thing for modern architecture. So awesome.:shifty:

Although, I think Ranga is right. Not sure if either are all that feasible. lmao

Edited by Favre4Ever

You guys still have those same opinions? This is the coolest building, let alone stadium I've ever seen. Watch the whole video it takes you through everything. The top opens like a camera aperture. Its made of solar panels. Honestly wouldn't mind the superbowl being held here every year. The most epic of games should be played here.

Yes, we're in an era of megaplexes and behemoths of steel and glass being erected, one outdoing the next — "technological terrors" if you want to paraphrase Darth Vader.

But this thing looks cool. It had better, at a reported cost of $1.4 billion with a "b." It looks like a reason to actually go to Atlanta. (I kid! It's a great city, one that I have visited more than once and one I plan on returning to. Especially now.)

In the video, you're airlifted — virtually, of course — above the new stadium and down through a hole that opens up in the roof. See? Told you it was cool. If Steve Bartkowski doesn't parachute through this opening for the first game at the new stadium, someone in event planning should lose their job.

The multiple video screens that will circumnavigate the top of the stadium look insane, although — like Jerry World — there is the fear of taking people's eyes off the action on the field and up into the sky. But, hey, that's what the money is being spent on, right?

The luxury suite stuff and other amenities fall in line with every other new stadium these days. There's nothing exceptional looking, and that's fine. The structure itself is the real deal, and there's no doubt it has the ability to host multiple events, including NCAA Final Fours, bowl games, World Cups, rock concerts and ... oh yeah, Super Bowls. Plural.

Because that's what you're gunning for when you build something like this. Impressive.

Edited by BC

That is one ugly motherfucker.

The new Vikings stadium is going to set the standard.

PSLs from hell...

Stadium is absolutely amazing though. Arthur Blanks main thing is that he wants to be able to host the superbowl mainly, but MLS, NBA, NHL, he wants to have everything there. I can see it too. It should help make them an olympic consideration too.