Omerta

Fantasy Draft Discussion.

With people focusing on the pass rush Ogden/Pace shall be worth their massive weights in gold. :yep:

They're definitely a great pair, but no offensive lineman is infallible, especially when you consider an entire defensive unit, scheme, and the offense's interior line.

Oh that is for sure, that said I just have to make my line the same way. As long as I can get some good ones together it should negate MOST of the pass rush.

Oh that is for sure, that said I just have to make my line the same way. As long as I can get some good ones together it should negate MOST of the pass rush.

Well, as long as things go as planned (they have so far), I think my defense should be able to fart in the mouths of any line thrown at it.

How about a system where people present picks in PM ahead of time so after their 15 minutes (or 8 hours, whatever) someone can make an informed pick for them. A list of your top picks for each position and positional and individual grades to assist someone in making your pick for you. Maybe only allow this in the later rounds? Seems like first few went smoothly.

Bay's team confuses me.

Your confusion confuses me.

Bay has three premium pass rushers though.

However I have the sickest defense known to man.

However I have the sickest defense known to man.

:nope:

Edited by housemd

I think in this game defense will triumph over offense. Especially when you're talking great defensive linemen vs. offensive linemen. Take Reggie White for example. If you don't block him with at least two players you're fucked. idc who your RT is.

I agree sean. Rickey Jackson was "an awesome fucking pick" :D

I think in this game defense will triumph over offense. Especially when you're talking great defensive linemen vs. offensive linemen. Take Reggie White for example. If you don't block him with at least two players you're fucked. idc who your RT is.

That shocks me lol....

That is why JO shut him down by himself ? Nice try lol.

That shocks me lol....

That is why JO shut him down by himself ? Nice try lol.

Unless I'm missing something the two never met on the field and even if they did as great as Reggie was a Packer his prime was in Philly where over an 8 year period he had 124 sacks in 120 games. That's 15.5 per year. To average that over almost a fucking decade is retarded. Reggie White in his prime could not be stopped by any one man.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRe00.htm

Can't find any record of him playing the Ravens. I'm probably over looking something though so if you find it I wouldn't be surprised.

Unless I'm missing something the two never met on the field and even if they did as great as Reggie was a Packer his prime was in Philly where over an 8 year period he had 124 sacks in 120 games. That's 15.5 per year. To average that over almost a fucking decade is retarded. Reggie White in his prime could not be stopped by any one man.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRe00.htm

Can't find any record of him playing the Ravens. I'm probably over looking something though so if you find it I wouldn't be surprised.

They played in 1998 and JO shut him down....as much as you say he was not as good is nuts considering that is the same year he won DPOY....must have had a real shit season lol.

JO was one man....he stoned him. You cant really twist that to be something it isnt. Reggie White had a DPOY season and JO flat out beat him.

Source

Get that shit outta here lol.

Since when did Ogden start playing RT? Reggie played LE for the Packers, and the other Dlineman not on named Reggie White, and thus playing closer to Ogden recorded 4 sacks (in total).

He played head up on Ogden more than a few times that game. I remember watching that game and the commentators making a big to do about "The Clash of the Titans at Labeau Field." He could do nothing.

Second Ogden let up a whopping total of 1 sack that year and it was not against GB.

Third lets say the game only 30 percent him on JO, Sean contends that Reggie could not be stopped," No matter who your RT is." So that means 70 percent of the time Orlando Brown shut him down. A guy that notched ZERO probowls in his career.... Does not really help either case.

He played head up on Ogden more than a few times that game. I remember watching that game and the commentators making a big to do about "The Clash of the Titans at Labeau Field." He could do nothing.

Second Ogden let up a whopping total of 1 sack that year and it was not against GB.

Third lets say the game only 30 percent him on JO, Sean contends that Reggie could not be stopped," No matter who your RT is." So that means 70 percent of the time Orlando Brown shut him down. A guy that notched ZERO probowls in his career.... Does not really help either case.

One, give us the snap totals of where Reggie lined up. Secondly, whether it was Brown or Ogden, show us he was shut down by one man the entire game. You make it sound like the Ravens didn't double team Reggie once in a game you gave up four sacks.

Also, please supply the numbers for hurries and QB hits.

You are going to have to give us some actual facts that aren't correlated to your freak memory and recalling a worthless game in the middle of the season in which the Ravens got their asses kicked all day that just coincidentally relates to the discussion.

Lastly, when someone says "he is unstoppable".. It would be literally impossible to never be stopped. It's physics, and it's amazing. :laugh:

JJ Watt who is pretty unstoppable, IMO, anyway... Recorded 23 sacks on over SIX HUNDRED plays that he rushed the passer, sacking the QB on 8% of his pass rush plays and on 2% of his total plays.

Edited by Favre4Ever

One, give us the snap totals of where Reggie lined up. Secondly, whether it was Brown or Ogden, show us he was shut down by one man the entire game. You make it sound like the Ravens didn't double team Reggie once in a game you gave up four sacks.

Also, please supply the numbers for hurries and QB hits.

You are going to have to give us some actual facts that aren't correlated to your freak memory and recalling a worthless game in the middle of the season in which the Ravens got their asses kicked all day that just coincidentally relates to the discussion.

Lastly, when someone says "he is unstoppable".. It would be literally impossible to never be stopped. It's physics, and it's amazing. :laugh:

JJ Watt who is pretty unstoppable, IMO, anyway... Recorded 23 sacks on over SIX HUNDRED plays that he rushed the passer, sacking the QB on 8% of his pass rush plays and on 2% of his total plays.

Source

It is a conspiracy from us Ravens fans and reporters to prove you wrong. Sorry F4E.

Haha yeah it is all "coincidental"

It is amazing that you thought that is way I meant. What is truly amazing is how you trying to be snide and smart makes you look... desperate. I am pretty sure as with most fans we all know unstoppable is not literal. However that makes it all the more ridiculous to use that statement if we want to live in your world of literal.

Move on dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You posted a biased Ravens blog who was commemorating Ogden's career as your evidence?

:rofl:

Jonathan Ogden SHUTS DOWN REGGIE WHITE even though nothing exists that proves that (not that you have displayed anyway).

The fact alone that Reggie played LE, on the opposite side of Ogden (as did Strahan btw), is HILARIOUS. NOw, is it possible that they lined up a few times across from one another? Sure. But even so, and even IF Ogden came away without giving up a sack in 5-10 snaps, doesn't mean he shut him down. LMAO

What a horrific homer you are, Ngata.

You are so desperatee it is funny. Keep negging me bro, it hurts my feelings lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You would think that with your keen sense of memory of worthless games 15 years ago, you would be able to supply us with more evidence of the BS you are spewing. But it seems like you are just making things up... The question is... Are you lying on purpose or do you really have no idea what you are talking about?

Can you at least show us a picture of Reggie and Ogden to make it kind of seem you aren't completely clueless?

You would think that with your keen sense of memory of worthless games 15 years ago, you would be able to supply us with more evidence of the BS you are spewing. But it seems like you are just making things up... The question is... Are you lying on purpose or do you really have no idea what you are talking about?

Can you at least show us a picture of Reggie and Ogden to make it kind of seem you aren't completely clueless?

I'll do ya one better. Ogden saying he played Reggie White.

You're a dumbass

But, but, but it is biased obviously Ogden is lying because he wants to be famous and such...Carry on dude.

I have given you two articles one with JO saying he played him and yet you cant find me any proof they didn't. Way to go dude, you are numero uno at proving things you claim.

Nobody is saying the game didn't happen. Nobody is saying they didn't line up across from each other a handful of times.

But even so, and even IF Ogden came away without giving up a sack in 5-10 snaps, doesn't mean he shut him down.

You keep spouting off saying things like "OGDEN SHUT DOWN REGGIE WHITE". I ask you a question, and you completely ignore it and give us another 1 shot article with no substance what so ever.

I have pictures to prove my claims, and just about every sports source in the world. Reggie played LE, it caused crazy matchup problems. Period. Yes, he was moved around at times, but not that often.

With a game so big like that in Ogden's career, completely shutting down Reggie on every player at a position he (Reggie) didn't normally play is such a huge accomplishment in the great career of Jon Ogden that you would think there would be more written about.. More pictures.. more actual statistics or any kind of trace evidence at all.

Ogden was a great player, one of the best. Reggie White is arguably the best.

But there is nothing to suggest or back up your claims. None.

Haha so now the Bills are against you too Favre...things just keep getting worse lol.

Let me hop in my time machine and go back to 1998 and record the snaps lol.

What proof do you have that what I say is incorrect, because he is listed on a depth chart as a LDE ? Then you say he moves, so now he does move. And then to cover yourself you say but not that much. Do you remember how many snaps he played that game ?

LEts lowball and say you are right and it was only ten snaps (it wasnt) Reggie still did not get a sack so would I then be incorrect ? No I would still be correct given the sample size albeit a small one.

Since neither of us can prove the snaps then we dont know how many he did play there, but yes keep insulting my memory because that means they did not play....

So you have proved nothing and have not disproved anything I have said....what did you accomplish ?