Favre4Ever

Mafia: CLUE Edition

Bangy saying he's townie, plus Bay refusing to confirm whether he is the cop or not...:think:

I'd like to see Bay's rebuttal of the people voting for him, seeing as we only need one more vote to lynch him.

Day Phase III has ended.

The Town Has Failed To Perform a Lynch.

Night Phase III has begun. If you have a role, please send your actions to me.

It had been a long afternoon and evening for the house guests. All had eaten dinner and retired to their rooms. All but one, that is...

However, Professor Plum just couldn't sleep. He's pondered the question many times the last few nights -- how could everyone just so peacefully go to bed knowing that there is a murderer about? He slipped out of his room, down the hall, around the corner and down the staircase...

How could everyone be so content with their own mortality? Whenever the Professor began to think of such things, he always came to conclusions that featured his life ending in some terrible fashion -- which always left him feeling ill. He had accomplished so much in his life, but he still yearned to do and change more... His findings had already impacted millions of people, but that wasn't enough. And somehow for some reason -- he always had felt he would never have the time to do all of the things he knew he was capable of.

He would much rather just not think about it at all, to be frank. He brushed the thoughts from his mind, and strolled into the library. The library Sir Auro had assembled was expansive indeed. Concealed in the far corner of the house, books lined every wall and every shelf in the room. The large vaulted glass ceilings made for a rather spooky effect, especially on nights like these when the rain chose to come down with an unnatural velocity.

The Professor walked towards the back of the room where a large shale fireplace rested -- flames roaring. To the immediate left, an expensive liquor cabinet filled to the brim. On the other side, an old record player with a select number of classical pieces to choose from. Plum thumbed through the vinyl quickly and

He proceeded to pour himself a nice whiskey on the rocks and got to work. The library had been finely organized and the Professor was able to quickly and accurately find the titles he was looking for -- pulling anything regarding Social Theory from its resting place.

Returning, with drink in hand, and 12 large books -- the Professor found a nice nook in the corner of the room with a desk and a chair very similar to the one in Sir Auro's study.

He began to vigorously go through each of the volumes he had collected searching for any kind of clue. Anything from verbal tells to hand gestures to body posture. The murderer might be good, but he couldn't be infallible.

The Professor spent the next several hours doing this, only getting up from his seat to fetch another drink or turn back the needle on the record player until he found it...

AHA! He had found it. The missing piece to the puzzle, the golden goose, the everlasting gobstopper... Professor Plum had figured out who the killer was!

The record had stopped for about the 9001st time that evening and as it did... a creeking door opening and then shutting. Plum heard this, and became frantic. This was it, this was the moment.

The Professor stood in front of the desk and his tense stance became even more so. He called out into the darkness... Taunting the killer with his/her own identity. Moving, no... Creeping like darkness itself.. The killer emerged, removing his/her frame from the confines in which he/she felt most comfortable.

The killer approached the Professor slowly, not halting until their faces were merely inches apart. The killer instructed the professor on his next move. He/She wanted the professor to remove the hood that covered his/her face.

The killer moved towards a holster on his/her hip... a faint whirring tone could be heard beneath the cloak.

The professor rose his hands slowly, and paused for just a moment before beginning to draw back the hood....

In that moment...The whirring had stopped, and the highly sophisticated gauss handgun on the killers hip, now charged, found itself unholstered and jammed into the abdomen of the professor before firing three inaudible shots.

The Professor staggered backwards, and sat, resting on the edge of the desk. The look on his face was one of... admiration. The weapon drawn and fired on him was one of his own design. It was merely a prototype the last time he had worked on it, but there it was...

"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."

Plum slumped backwards spread eagle across the desk and the killers hood fell.

He/She quickly moved to put it back in place before slipping off into the shadows once more...

Professor Plum (Thanatos) | Roleblocker | Murdered

Night Phase III has ended...

Day Phase IV has begun...

With 7 players remaining -- it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Why wasn't our doctor focused on protecting our role blocker? That's what I'd like to know. Well, if we even have a doctor at all. I realize with the professor's untimely death, suspicion will be brought to me. That's why I'm claiming my role now. We as town need to decide on who our lynch is going to be today, since I will assuredly be killed during the night phase this time around. I am the town reviver, it's a one shot role and I can bring back one dead player. I will be using it to bring back the professor, seeing as he is our only deceased power role right now.

Bay if you really are the cop, now is the time to bring it up. Until then I'm putting the first vote on you.

VOTE: Bay

Well, since Scarlet (Razor) is a Reviver, that puts Mustard (Ranga) and Crimson (Bay) back into suspicion, though I tend to believe Crimson is the Cop and that Mustard, who only drops a line here and there, is mafia.

I believe it's likely that Ash (Bangy) is our Doctor, which makes sense since she's disappeared as of late and our Doctor did not protect Professor Plum. I also believe this may be what Crimson was alluding to when he said Ash gave out "vital information". It's possible that Crimson is a Cop, but his role states that he is not allowed to explicitly state what another player's role is. This also may be why Crimson asked Mustard what he had to say about the situation; Crimson has investigated them both, but cannot share his results.

Lord Steel (house) and Mr. Slate (Sarge) are hard to read at the moment, which means that I cannot eliminate them from suspicion.

I hate to split the vote, but for now I want to see Mustard's defense.

Vote: Ranga

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Am I immediately back alive? Or is it next day phase? I'll wait for Favre to confirm this before I do anything.

I cannot confirm nor deny anything Razor has said. What I can for certain is that you are dead.

I am not a cop, or a doctor or a member of the nefarious mafia. I am simply a humble servant of the people trying to get to the bottom of this mess.

With that said, the Congressman has been awfully suspicious the last couple of rounds, and has offered little to no defense for his previous comments. However, if his claims about not being able to share his findings are true, and Lady Scarlet is indeed honest about her role, it will be obvious in the next round, as she will surely be killed now that she has revealed herself. Unless, of course, she is protected by the doctor, who I believe to be Lady Ash or Dr Gray. That leaves Slate and Steel. Of the two Steel has remained incredibly silent as we point fingers at each other. I'd like to see his comments on the matter, and a whether he makes a role claim at this stage of the game.

I agree that I've been silent lately, but I'm just trying to figure it all out by reading your comments. Congressman Crimson has been really suspicious to me but after reading the last couple of post he's less and less suspicious. Honestly, I'm a bit confused right now, as Lady Ash is claiming she's a townie, but Slate thinks he's a cop and Mustard thinks he's a doctor.

The most confusing thing for me is the that our doctor didn't protect Professor Plum, as his role is very useful and could help us find the murderer.

Also, I think it's better for you to know my role. I'm a neutral person in this whole thing, a 3rd party guest, I don't have any connections with either mafia or townies and I'm just here to sit back and help the town with my suggestions. (not that I've had many lol).

So you're a survivor then? In that case, you could be helping either side win, as long as you make it to the end of the day.

I don't have any powers and it seems like you know that, so I can't even help mafia win this game. I also can't help the town that much, but I've been playing as a "townie" ever since we started the whole thing. It's time to stop the mafia and town needs as many people on their side.

Also, if I actually helped mafia win this thing, I would just shut up and not reveal my role.

Well in the case of a survivor as long as he survives, he can win. So if he knew exactly who the mafia was, in a lynch or lose situation, He could put a vote on the remaining member of town, and then the mafia could hammer him out and end the game.

You clearly want to make me look like a mafia helper,even though I am not one. There are 7 people remaining and according to majority's assumptions,only one mafia member left. We still have a cop and a doctor who are all very useful right now and they should help the town win this thing.

I'd like to think I'm cross examining. We want to hit the mafia today, and end this. Besides, we still have no evidence that there is a cop or doctor. Taking our last game into account, the set up turned out to pigeon hole us and surprise us, and we ended up losing both cops.

We could have both roles here or none of them. When Plum asked for protection after revealing his role,he didn't get murdered because 1) the doctor indeed protected him or 2) mafia calculated it and didn't attack him on purpose. Plum's death makes me think that either the doctor doesn't exist or the doctor forgot to protect him.

I do believe mafia anticipated protection, which is why they moved onto Bucman. With Plum dying this round though, either our doctor is incompetent (if it's Bangy... that's not out of the question. :p), lazy, or does not exist.

In any case our situation looks like this:

Sarge: Role Unknown

Zack: Role Unknown

House: Hardclaimed Survivor

Bay: Softclaimed Cop, Role Unknown

Bangy: Role Unknown, speculation that's he's doctor

RANGA: Hardclaimed Town Vanilla

Myself: Hardclaimed Town Reviver

And in the deceased category we have

A town and Mafia sibling pair, mafia godfather, a town vanilla, and a town roleblocker.

When it came to last day's lynch period, Zack and RANGA did not offer a vote for players to be lynched. Though RANGA has claimed a vanila role, that is a safe lynch if we get down to a lynch situation. It's also the easiest role to corroborate a lie for. I don't want to put the second vote on RANGA just yet, because I still believe Bay is more suspicious, and we could run the risk of a quick hammer.

Time to end this.

I'm the doctor. I did protect Professor Plum, but he was murdered anyway. Why? Well, wouldn't you know the luck that went down when he (likely) blocked my role last night. So essentially he stopped me from protecting him. That's the only explanation I can think of.

The most suspicious players remaining are Crimson and Mustard. I'm having a hard time choosing which one to vote for right now, though.

I didn't vote last round because at first I wasn't sure if I believed Bay was lying about being the cop or not and also because I planned on replying to the thread after work that night, but JD ended the phase while I was at work.

I guess since we're all claiming, I'm a Town Vanilla.

If Sarge and house are not lying, that still leaves Bay and Ranga. As I said in my previous post, I believe Ranga to be more suspicious of the two and if we lynch him and he's a townie, we then lynch Bay next turn. If they're both townies, then we lynch Bangy.

Basically, we have a lot of turns left to find the killer, we just have to make sure we don't stop lynching people.

Like I have said all along I am plain and simple town, not a cop or a doctor trust me if I was I'd of been making a hard push with my findings. I am still sure it is congressman crimson as mafia. He makes it the perfect set up on me when Pine was killed yet there is no defence and when we as a town don't buy it he keeps me alive as there are still doubts in your mind that I could be a mafia member.

Only problem is we as a town need to lynch together and not be split up allowing his last member to pick us off. We were close on who I think was mafia so I will vote again for Cuda but it needs to be done in force.

vote: bay

Edited by Arz

We can't fail again. We need to perform a lynch. Ranga claimed to be a townie, Bangy too while Bay didn't say too much in his defense. We know who's next if Bay's a townie.

Vote: Bay

I still contend that the safer lynch is the man who hasn't claimed to be our cop. I really don't think we'd have a 12 man game without one.

Also, why are we sure that there's only one Mafia member left? I'd think there'd be 3-4 with 12 of us. Also, is it possible that a Mafia member has a Role Blocker skill as well and that's why Thanatos died?

Once again, Vanilla Town is the easiest claim to make, so if someone is lying, that's what they'd do if they wanted to make a safe claim, because it's unlikely there would be two of a power role, but we could have any number of vanilla townies.

Right now we have 3 votes for Bay (Myself, Bangy, house), and 1 vote for RANGA (Zack). Bay, RANGA, and Sarge have yet to cast their votes.

Ranga is the most suspicious to me right now. I'm with Zack.

Vote: Ranga

I also think that I will vote for Ranga.

We can't have a split vote again we need to get a vote thats unanimous. To me Bay is the clear choice to lynch he has been very quite and shifty especially when trying to frame me yet we are now going to let him go free for another night? t doesn't make sense. If you guys really believe that Rang is mafia then cool we can as a group take that route after Bay.

I know me going for bay is suspect as well but he's mafia imo. If it turns out he's not it then it can go down as an epic bangyfail