Dutch

Predict the best receiving corps 2013

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will have the best receiving corps in the NFL next year?

• (Broncos) Eric Decker, Demarius Thomas, Wes Welker
    • (Falcons) Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez
    • (Packers) Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones
    • (49ers) Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis
    • (Ravens) Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta
    • (Eagles) Desean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Jason Avant
    • (Dolphins) Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Dustin Keller
    • (Seahawks) Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate
    • (Cowboys) Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Jason Witten
    • (Texans) Andre Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Owen Daniels
    • (Giants) Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz & Rueben Randle.
    • (Titans) Kenny Britt, Jason Hunter, Kendall Wright
    • (Bucs) Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, & the next guy
    • (Colts) Reggie Wayne, T.Y Hilton, Darrius Heyward-Bey
    • (Patriots) Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, & Julian Edleman ?
    • (Vikings) Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kyle Rudolph

I went with Denver

I actually really like the Chargers receivers as well, not as one of the best but pretty solid as far as talent goes

Denario Alexander, Malcom Floyd, Vincent Brown, Keenan Allen, Robert Meachem, and Eddie Royal... and can't forget Gates

Also have high expectations for LaDarius Green, now that fucktard Norv is out of town. A 6'6 TE that runs a 4.4 40, yes please

Edited by Socal

Interesting how nobody even mentions Steelers receiving corps after Mike Wallace left. It's still a very good group (with a healthy Heath Miller).

Denver is the best,Atlanta a close second.

Interesting how nobody even mentions Steelers receiving corps after Mike Wallace left. It's still a very good group (with a healthy Heath Miller).

Denver is the best,Atlanta a close second.

Who does the Steelers have outside of Antonio Brown and Heath Miller? Do you guys still have Emmanuel Sanders? Can't remember but now Antonio Brown can embrace that #1 receiving role. I remember some Steelers fans were pretty high on Brown when he had that 1 good season. Now we will see how he fairs when the deep threat of Mike Wallace is gone.

On another note, I think Brandon Lloyd would be an awesome fit for the Steelers.

Yeah,we still have Emmanuel Sanders plus the addition of Markus Wheaton makes our corps even better.

And I agree, Brandon Lloyd would be a great fit..

Why aren't the Vikings on here? I mean sure things are still up in the air with Cordarrelle Patterson And Jarius Wright. But Greg Jennings and Kyle Rudolf are both in the top tier at their positions. Seems like they should at least make the list for consideration...

Why aren't the Vikings on here? I mean sure things are still up in the air with Cordarrelle Patterson And Jarius Wright. But Greg Jennings and Kyle Rudolf are both in the top tier at their positions. Seems like they should at least make the list for consideration...

The Vikings receiving core definitely could be potentially dangerous. I just didn't see the Vikings throwing the ball as much as these other clubs when you have the best running back (& #1 rated player) in the league in the back field. But I'll add them up there boss and welcome to the boards!

Edited by dutchff7

Falcons with White and Jones is orgasmic. Tony G is still a machine too.

#2 Broncos, #3 49ers.

The Vikings receiving core definitely could be potentially dangerous. I just didn't see the Vikings throwing the ball as much as these other clubs when you have the best running back (& #1 rated player) in the league in the back field. But I'll add them up there boss and welcome to the boards!

You would hope Christian Ponder makes the strides he needs to, to help these guys be as good as they can be, and help AP for Christ sake! Anyways good to be here...!

Edited by BleedPurpleNGold22

I think I read somewhere that the Vikings do plan on passing the ball more this year. With that being said, they need to prove a lot before entering the conversation with the Broncos, Falcons and a few other teams. I like Patterson a lot and think he'll end up being good for them, but he hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet. Not sure how good Jennings is going to do in Minny if Ponder doesn't improve his deep ball.

• Upvote 1

You would hope Christian Ponder makes the strides he needs to, to help these guys be as good as they can be, and help AP for Christ sake! Anyways good to be here...!

Good to have you but after last season, A.P proved he doesn't need any help lol. First running back I saw carry his team to the play offs in that fashion. Adrian Peterson is a fucking machine!

No Saints love?

And before you say Brees spreads the ball around too much Colston, Moore and Graham all had comparable seasons to ATL's big 3. (saying comparable not better) Not to mention Payton coming back after a year of analyzing defenses and writing up new plays plus Brees at QB. Just saying.

Edited by Eefluxx
  • Upvote 1

It's very possible that the Broncos could have three 1,000 yard receivers in Wes Welker, Damarius Thomas, and Eric Decker.

No Saints love?

And before you say Brees spreads the ball around too much Colston, Moore and Graham all had comparable seasons to ATL's big 3. (saying comparable not better) Not to mention Payton coming back after a year of analyzing defenses and writing up new plays plus Brees at QB. Just saying.

I like Colston and Graham a lot, but I don't think Moore is too good. Doubt he'd be anything special if Drew Brees wasn't his QB.

I am actually surprised how underrated the packers Corps are here Nelson is a beast especially in terms of yards, Jones picked up really nice in place of Jennings and Cobb is a double threat in both run and pass games and continues to improve each game.

The other team I expect to be dominant is Denver, the addition of Welker to the combo of Decker and Thomas is going to tear up defences this coming season

The best can either be read as the most elite, or the most productive.

Most elite. Probably the Falcons or the Broncos

But most productive, I would put the Colts in there as well. Reggie Wayne, an impressive slot burner in TY Hilton, and Darrius Heyward-Bey who is purpose built for their West Coast Offense. Adding in the TEs, that's hard to ignore.

The best can either be read as the most elite, or the most productive.

Most elite. Probably the Falcons or the Broncos

But most productive, I would put the Colts in there as well. Reggie Wayne, an impressive slot burner in TY Hilton, and Darrius Heyward-Bey who is purpose built for their West Coast Offense. Adding in the TEs, that's hard to ignore.

Yeah, the semantics of best in this situation can be fickle. But the most elite are usually the most productive. Either way, people can define best to their own liking and choose accordingly.

Whichever way you slice "best," it'll probably be the Broncos.

I voted for the Broncos as I do think they will end up with around 3300 yards between them (doesn't mean I think there will be 3 1,000 yard receivers) and quite a few touchdowns.

A group though that I think if healthy could do well is the Cowboys. Dez Bryant if he can keep his head on straight is top 10 in this league, Miles Austin when healthy is a good to great number 2 receiver, and Witten seems to be the forgotten TE sometimes even though he always seems to be near the top in yards for TE's.

I voted for the Broncos as I do think they will end up with around 3300 yards between them (doesn't mean I think there will be 3 1,000 yard receivers) and quite a few touchdowns.

A group though that I think if healthy could do well is the Cowboys. Dez Bryant if he can keep his head on straight is top 10 in this league, Miles Austin when healthy is a good to great number 2 receiver, and Witten seems to be the forgotten TE sometimes even though he always seems to be near the top in yards for TE's.

Witten is no where near forgotten. Defenses try to find him every play. He's always open.

Witten has always seemed more of an outlet than a featured target to me. And he's great in that regard, but I've never seen him draw doubles like Gates, Gonzalez, or Graham.

Broncos or Falcons for the regular season.

And then the playoffs will begin and another team not called the Broncos or Falcons will have the best receiving corps of the postseason.

Edited by Jules

Cowboys are getting massively underrated imo. No way I'd take the Falcons over the Cowboys.

It's probably about even between ATL and DAL but I would probably pick ATL because they have the best receiving duo in the league with White and Jones.

Denver is probably number 1....Welker, Thomas, and Decker were all top 20 in receiving yards last year.

With the addition of Wes Welker, I can strongly say the Broncos now have the best one in the NFL. The Packers and Falcons WR units really stood out last year. Aaron Rodgers plays a big role in that of course, as he can make almost any receiver look like a superstar, as you see what Randall Cobb did. The Falcons Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez all posted great seasons, but I think the Broncos have jumped in front of the two teams after the Welker pickup.