Dutch

Predict the best receiving corps 2013

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will have the best receiving corps in the NFL next year?

• (Broncos) Eric Decker, Demarius Thomas, Wes Welker
    • (Falcons) Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez
    • (Packers) Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones
    • (49ers) Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis
    • (Ravens) Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta
    • (Eagles) Desean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Jason Avant
    • (Dolphins) Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Dustin Keller
    • (Seahawks) Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate
    • (Cowboys) Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Jason Witten
    • (Texans) Andre Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Owen Daniels
    • (Giants) Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz & Rueben Randle.
    • (Titans) Kenny Britt, Jason Hunter, Kendall Wright
    • (Bucs) Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, & the next guy
    • (Colts) Reggie Wayne, T.Y Hilton, Darrius Heyward-Bey
    • (Patriots) Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, & Julian Edleman ?
    • (Vikings) Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kyle Rudolph

Which team will have the best receiving corps next year? Just tried listing the top 3 receiving threats on each team.

For me, I'm going with the Broncos. Giving Peyton Manning Wes Welker when their offense was already dangerous last year is ridiculous imo. They are still my AFC superbowl pick going into this year.

Edited by dutchff7

It's up between the Broncos, Falcons, and the Giants (If Nicks can stay healthy) for me.

Dallas Clark is no longer a Buc.

I'm gonna go with the Broncos then Packers, Falcons.

Define "best"?

Gotta go with Atlanta.

Calvin Johnson and a pile of dog doo.

I'd have to say that the Atlanta Falcons with White and Jones along with Tony Gonzalez. You really can't get much better than that. That being said, I'd like to put forward a submission for people to think about. How about the Indianapolis Colts? They've got Reggie Wayne (a top-10 WR himself), T.Y. Hilton, Darrius Heyward-Bey, along with their two second year talented TE's in Fleener and Dwayne Allen. All of those guys are going to have good years with Luck throwing them the ball. I think they're a very formidable corps as well.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say that the Atlanta Falcons with White and Jones along with Tony Gonzalez. You really can't get much better than that. That being said, I'd like to put forward a submission for people to think about. How about the Indianapolis Colts? They've got Reggie Wayne (a top-10 WR himself), T.Y. Hilton, Darrius Heyward-Bey, along with their two second year talented TE's in Fleener and Dwayne Allen. All of those guys are going to have good years with Luck throwing them the ball. I think they're a very formidable corps as well.

Wayne's really the only guy who stands out to me for the Colts, and even he is getting pretty old. Hilton, Allen and Fleener are all young and should continue to get better, but I don't see any of them ever becoming elite players like Wayne is/was.

It's the Broncos or the Falcons, IMO. None of these other corps are at their level.

That's a very good point. Reggie Wayne is already a proven commodity. T.Y Hilton was definitely impressive last year. A lot of his TDs were burners; 40 or more yards. I forgot about the addition of Darrius Heyward-Bey as well. His speed will stretch the field. He's a year removed from his best 900 yard season. Then with Luck throwing these guys the ball, with his potential, they can be a formidable group as well.

Packers. Easily.

/greenshades

It would not surprise me at the end of the year we look back and think how were the Texans not on here.

It would not surprise me at the end of the year we look back and think how were the Texans not on here.

The Texans are on here bro :yep:

Edited by dutchff7

The Texans are on here bro :yep:

Meant more along the lines of being talked about, I am sure it is just AJ that floated them on here.

I was thinking though today, I think DeAndre Hopkins leads the rookie receivers and in the slot at least Lestar Jean, DeVier Psoey, or Keshawn Martin play well enough to get around 800 yards, and with owen Daniels I think this could be one that warrants more discussion then they are getting.

Meant more along the lines of being talked about, I am sure it is just AJ that floated them on here.

I was thinking though today, I think DeAndre Hopkins leads the rookie receivers and in the slot at least Lestar Jean, DeVier Psoey, or Keshawn Martin play well enough to get around 800 yards, and with owen Daniels I think this could be one that warrants more discussion then they are getting.

So you're going to vote for them?

I am not sure but I would have them top 3 or 4 imo. A lot of good choices for sure.

Bucs are on this list, but not the Pats? lolwut?

Bucs are on this list, but not the Pats? lolwut?

Danny Amendola is your best WR, your WR corps is sad

They at least have Vincent Jackson

Honestly though it is because the pats receiving corps is irrelevant if tom brady is throwing the ball. He won SB's with guys like David Givens and Donte Stallworth. It really does not matter. And outside of Gronk they are pretty unimpressive thus far, but as stated it will all be for naught because TB will still throw for 4500 and 35 TD's or some shit. It is a luxury you guys dont need or have imo.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Hate to break it to you, but this thread wasn't specified as WRs only. TEs count as receivers, too. True story.

Mike Williams is pretty damn good too. The dude can make some crazy catches and is one of the best #2 WR's in the NFL, IMO. Too bad all of our receivers and TE's behind him and V-Jax suck ass so the Bucs can't really be considered.

Patriots should be on the list even thought they don't really have any great WR's. Gronk and Hernandez are monsters.

CIN and DET should be options. Not counting Ertz CINs trio deserves mention as does Megatron. I want to vote SF but ATL is the more proven commodity, esspecially if its just the top 3 guys.

It was a hard choice, but I took Atlanta, with Denver a tight second.