Dutch

Predict the best receiving corps 2013

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will have the best receiving corps in the NFL next year?

• (Broncos) Eric Decker, Demarius Thomas, Wes Welker
    • (Falcons) Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez
    • (Packers) Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones
    • (49ers) Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis
    • (Ravens) Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta
    • (Eagles) Desean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Jason Avant
    • (Dolphins) Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Dustin Keller
    • (Seahawks) Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate
    • (Cowboys) Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Jason Witten
    • (Texans) Andre Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Owen Daniels
    • (Giants) Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz & Rueben Randle.
    • (Titans) Kenny Britt, Jason Hunter, Kendall Wright
    • (Bucs) Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, & the next guy
    • (Colts) Reggie Wayne, T.Y Hilton, Darrius Heyward-Bey
    • (Patriots) Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, & Julian Edleman ?
    • (Vikings) Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kyle Rudolph

Witten is no where near forgotten. Defenses try to find him every play. He's always open.

Oh I agree defenses haven't forgotten about him but more whenever you hear analysts talking about the top TE's it just seems I rarely hear his name mentioned with the top guys. Now I don't think he is on the level of Vernon Davis, Gronk, or Graham but I would put him in that next tier at this point.

Edited by Stewy

If we restrict this to just the top three receiving options like the poll does, this is how it adds upt to me:

- I prefer Demariyus Thomas to Julio Jones.

- I prefer Roddy White to Eric Decker.

- I prefer Wes Welker to Tony Gonzalez.

And after those three, neither team has anyone of real note, so it's a slight edge to Denver. The Cowboys are pretty well set too, but solidly in 3rd IMO because I think Austin and Witten are a little overrated.

On my Chargers, they certainly don't deserve votes but I think they'll be better at receiver than people realize. Alexander and Floyd have both shown they can produce, Gates- while not a great TE- is still a good one, Vincent Brown will surprise people this season, and Green/Allen are both very talented youngsters who could surprise. Not really a true #1 here, but lots of depth and no one person who can really be keyed on.

Cowboys are getting massively underrated imo. No way I'd take the Falcons over the Cowboys.

Roddy White > Dez (right now)

Julio > Miles

Tony > Jason

Harry Douglass aint a bad slot guy either.

We'll see if you;re right though. :p

• Upvote 1

Cowboys are getting massively underrated imo. No way I'd take the Falcons over the Cowboys.

Wut?

Dmac the Falcons have Tony-G, Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Harry Douglas. That's two top-10 WRs on the same team. Why on earth would you take Witten, Bryant, and Austin over that?

Because Witen is the best non-hispanic non-....uh Gronkulous TE in the league. Dez Bryant is just the best WR the cowboys ever had, and Miles Austin is um... well he was sick in 2009.

Julio > Miles

Tony > Jason

I don't buy Roddy White being better then Dez at this point. Nor do I think you can make a definite case for Gonzo being better then Written.

I don't buy Roddy White being better then Dez at this point. Nor do I think you can make a definite case for Gonzo being better then Written.

I'd accept you thinking Dez is better than Mr. White but Witten better than Tony? I won't accept. :nope: Carry on.

Edit: I'm one of those people who seem to favor the older guys.

Edited by Bay

I'm including Terrance Williams and Escobar in this. I think adding those two puts them on another level

If those two show out as rookies, then there's a case to be made for Dallas due to depth. Personally I can see it happening, but that's a hard thing to expect others to count on seeing as how they haven't played an NFL snap.

I'd accept you thinking Dez is better than Mr. White but Witten better than Tony? I won't accept. :nope: Carry on.

Edit: I'm one of those people who seem to favor the older guys.

Gonzo accrues roughly the same amount of yards, and significantly more TD's than Witten. 27 touchdowns since 2009, to Witten's 19.

Witten is certainly the superior blocker here, but if we're talking strictly about pass cating, it's Tony G by a decent margin.

I think we have the most potential with Terrance Williams, Dwayne Harris, Danny Coale, Cole beasley, James Hanna, and Escobar.

Most depth IMO.

Dez is truly the only big threat guy. Jason Witten is great for being a short distance guy, not big threat like Davis, Graham, and so on.

And Miles Austin hasn't been the Miles Austin Cowboy fans fell in love with since he got his big ole' paycheck.

• Upvote 1

Julio > Miles

Tony > Jason

White< Dez

Julio> Miles

Tony = Jason

Douglas < Harris.

But who does Atlanta have if their big 3 go down? Atlanta has better 3, but I think Dallas has way better depth.

• Upvote 1

White< Dez

Julio> Miles

Tony = Jason

Douglas < Harris.

But who does Atlanta have if their big 3 go down? Atlanta has better 3, but I think Dallas has way better depth.

Good point. I guess it falls down to the QB throwing to them :troll:

Gonna throw out a sleeper pick with the Colts, although if I were picking logically I think I'm going with the Broncos or the Falcons.

Good to have you but after last season, A.P proved he doesn't need any help lol. First running back I saw carry his team to the play offs in that fashion. Adrian Peterson is a fucking machine!

Barry Sanders is somewhere carving an X over photos of your face right now. You're on his list.

• Upvote 1

Cruz, Nicks and Randle looking like they could be the best Trio of WRs this season. I do not want to face the Giants offense that's for damn sure. 6 turnovers and they still almost win that game.

How am I surprised that a Viking fan said the Vikings?

Broncos are definitely going to run away with this I believe based on who they have throwing the ball. Rueben Randle looked really good though in game one for the G's. Based on thier RB situation i expect them to be up there with the trio they have but the Broncos will just be too powerful for anyone to match