Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Ryan Braun suspended 65 games

Per Rotoworld.com:

T.J. Quinn of ESPN's Outside the Lines reports that Major League Baseball is preparing to suspend Ryan Braun, Alex Rodriguez and about 20 others connected to the Biogenesis clinic in Miami.

Uh oh. The Biogenesis mess had seemed to calm down over the last couple months, but apparently there could be a major fallout yet to come. Quinn is reporting that founder Tony Bosch is prepared to testify against the players connected with his clinic. He also adds that because A-Rod and Braun could face 100-game suspensions because of their connection to Bosch and because they lied about PED use. Bosch has previously denied any knowledge of suspected PED distribution at Biogenesis but has apparently reversed course. Gio Gonzalez, who was connected to Biogenesis, will reportedly not be suspended because he only acquired legal substances. Quinn says suspensions could come within two weeks, though most players are expected to appeal. Jun 4 - 7:45 PM

Source: ESPN.com

Edited by BLUE

Please no Cardinals, please no Cardinals.

Yahoo! Sports ‏@YahooSports 8s

RT @MLB BREAKING: Ryan Braun suspended without pay for remainder of season for violations of Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program

David Lennon ‏@DPLennon 45s

Not even an appeal from Ryan Braun. Fessed up. MLB did its homework on Biogenesis and Braun certainly won't be the last one going down.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m

Braun in statement: “I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions.”

Edited by BLUE

@jonmorosi Ryan Braun is unlikely to speak with media at Miller Park today, I am told.

I agreed with Braun winning his appeal to his first suspension because the handling of his sample was beyond suspicious, but to fess up all of a sudden sure makes him look bad.

I can only hope that every player who was or will be suspended falls off a map once they return. That would be justice. A-Rod going on to win the World Series was torture.

T.J. Quinn ‏@TJQuinnESPN 10m

Worth noting evidence against Braun showed ongoing pattern of significant PED use, several sources tell OTL. This was not a one-off.

Hopefully this is just the beginning. Let the house of cards crumble. :devious:

Fuck this guy. Ban him for life. He's damn lucky to be only getting 65 games.

• Upvote 1

and I drafted the fucker #1 overall in my fantasy league facepalm.gif but somehow I'm still pushing for a playoff spot

also, I love that the suspension covers the playoffs too if the Brewers somehow make it there, feels like salt on the wound

and I drafted the fucker #1 overall in my fantasy league facepalm.gif but somehow I'm still pushing for a playoff spot

also, I love that the suspension covers the playoffs too if the Brewers somehow make it there, feels like salt on the wound

If I had the #1 overall pick, I would have taken Miggy, easily.

And the Brewers fucking suck. They have no chance, with or without Braun, to push for a playoff spot this season.

Braun probably recognized that, along with the reported overwhelming evidence against him, and that he's on the DL anyways, to strike a deal with the MLB.

Edited by BLUE

MLB has such shit rules on suspensions. How can the dude serve his suspension while on the DL, that shouldn't be allowed.

via JSOnline.com

This is what dude said last February.

"With what's at stake - this is my livelihood, this is my integrity, this is my character, this is everything that I've worked for in my entire life being called into question - we need to make sure we get it right," said an emotional Braun. "Today's about making sure this never happens again to anybody else who plays this game."

"The system in the way it was applied to me in this case was fatally flawed."

"I've always stood up for what is right. Today is about everybody who's been wrongly accused, and everybody who has had to stand up for what is actually right. Today isn't about me; it isn't about one player. It's about all players. It's about all current players, all future players and everybody who plays the game of baseball."

"But beyond that, as I've dealt with the situation, I know what it's like to be wrongly accused of something. For me to wrongly accuse somebody else of something wouldn't help anybody."

Asked what might have triggered such a high testosterone level, which a source confirmed was synthetic, Braun said, "The most honest answer I can give you is that I'm 100% certain it's never entered my system. I can only speak for what happened until the time that the sample went missing. I have no idea what happened to it for that 44-hour period. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

"I've lived this nightmare every day for the last four months. There's been a million possibilities that ran through my head. Ultimately, the scariest thing is that it was missing for a prolonged period of time and we have no idea what happened to it, what could have happened to it. It's a scary thought, without a doubt."

"By no means am I perfect, But if I've ever made any mistakes in my life I've taken responsibility for my actions. I truly believe in my heart and I would bet my life that this substance never entered my body at any point."

"I explained to them I'm 27 years old, I'm just entering my prime, I have a contract guaranteed for nine more years, I've been tested at least 25 times over the course of my career, at least three times this season prior to this test and an additional time when I signed my contract, including an extensive physical, blood test, everything you could imagine," said Braun.

"I've never had any issue; there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. And they said, 'That's great, we believe you, in fact, the other side believes you, none of this makes any sense to anybody.'

"I told them that I promise you on anything that's ever meant anything in my life - the morals, the values, the virtues by which I've lived in my 28 years on this planet - I did not do this. I told them that I would be an open book. I opened up my life to them. I told them I would be more than happy and willing to take any and every test to prove I didn't do this."

"One of my biggest regrets having gone through this situation is that I can't ever get that time of my life back," he said. "It should have been an amazing time in my life. My team had an incredible season last year, finished two wins short of the World Series. I had a great year individually. I should have been able to enjoy the off-season and I didn't.

Edited by NaTaS

If I had the #1 overall pick, I would have taken Miggy, easily.

I was between him and Braun, but not paying much attention to baseball (I'm in my former roommate's league b/c he had 7 people) I didn't think Miggy would have a repeat performance, looking back it was definitely a bad decision even without the suspension

And the Brewers fucking suck. They have no chance, with or without Braun, to push for a playoff spot this season.

exactly why it's salt on the wound, it's not gonna matter but they stuck it on anyway

You know what my biggest problem with all this PED talk in baseball is? The fact that a guy can be using PED's and still only be suspended for 65 games. Look at the amount of runs and RBI's that Braun has accounted for in his career. He has absolutely curved the landscape for the Brewers since he has become a big time player. No doubt about that. We are seeing these guys enhance their production in the sport with these drugs, yet Major League Baseball lets them return to the game to play again. What happens 75% of the time when they return? They continue to use.

Then we have guys like Pete Rose - banned from Major League Baseball "for life" right now for gambling on baseball. There's nothing to say he ever sand bagged to win money. Nothing. Pete Rose will never see any serious career achievements via MLB, because he gambled on the game. These guys will continue to use PEDs while racking up suspensions and years down the road a vast majority of them will still be considered for the hall of fame. I hate the way Major League Baseball is handling this entire situation, it's just pathetic.