Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

How many games do the Eagles win in 2013?

10 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Eagles win in 2013?

• 3 or less
    • 13 or more

Really a crapshoot pick for me. I could easily see the Eagles finishing in last place in the NFC East, or in first place. It really all depends on how Chip Kelly translates into the NFL. I will say though that I think the Eagles have a much better chance with Nick Foles starting than Michael Vick. I'm going to say 7 wins for the Eagles this year.

There is no way the Eagles finish first in the division. Despite a strong finish they will be off to a slow start again this season that will allow NYG and WASH to jump out to an early lead. They need to find their identity and figure out who their quarterback is, and find ways to soften the passing attacks of that division. 4-12

There is no way the Eagles finish first in the division. Despite a strong finish they will be off to a slow start again this season that will allow NYG and WASH to jump out to an early lead. They need to find their identity and figure out who their quarterback is, and find ways to soften the passing attacks of that division. 4-12

Neither the Giants or Redskins really impress me too much. Wouldn't surprise me at all if 9 wins would be good enough to win the NFC East this year.

My goal for this season is 6-10. Even if someone (whether it's Vick, Foles, or Barkley) steps up at the QB position, the defense is still a weak spot. It's not unbearably awful anymore, but it's not exceptionally good. Even if Chip Kelly is a great head coach, it's gonna take a few years to turn things around. I'll say they meet my expectations and win 6 games.

It's hard to gauge a team that went under so much change. New Head Coach, just about an entire staff overhaul, the QB position is still up for grabs, so many new pieces on defense on top of implementing a 3-4 scheme as well. If Foles does start at the QB position, I do have somewhat of a good feeling about it. I saw somethings that I did like when he started last year and our team was in complete disarray. We had a decimated O-line and some star players were hurt. I'm very excited that our offensive line is back healthy and believe it will be one of the best in the league again; especially if Jason Peters is back to form. I think we will rely/lean a lot on our running game with Lesean Mccoy (who was deprived of carries with Reid) and Bryce Brown. I think Mccoy is going to have a beast of a season who is finally going to get fed the ball. I'm also excited and can't wait to see Zach Ertz and how Kelly will utilize James Casey.

The defensive side is completely the huge unknown. We basically have a brand new secondary. Nnamdi and DRC are gone and we picked up Cary Williams and Brandon Fletcher at corner. I like Cary Williams attitude and hope he takes it to the football field (but not in a detrimental way), but from my knowledge, he was nothing special in coverage. I do know he's a great tackler which was something our corners couldn't do to save their lives but I hope he shows up in coverage as well. In his 20 games this season, he had 16 pass deflects, 6 pics, but allowed 7 TDs and 1118 yards. Far from impressive and I think he got overpaid. If Williams tanks and sucks, I would really be excited if Curtis Marsh got the opportunity to start to see what he would do. I love what I saw from the kid when he did get his opportunities. I actually like the Bradley Fletcher pick up. He was an under the radar but good player with the Rams. He's suffered through injuries and had some games with penalty problems and got benched. But I've been watching some tape on him and I've liked what I've seen so far. I haven't seen enough tape to make a thorough evaluation so it's still up in the air. At safety we picked up Kenny Phillips who's great when he's not hurt (which isn't often) and Patrick Chung who's shown flashes but wildly inconsistent.

At linebacker, we picked up Connor Barwin who I think we be a solid player. I don't think he will be a superstar or anything, but I think he will fit. It will be interesting to see some of our players like Trent Cole transition to linebacker or if they just use him in 4-3 sets and use Vinny Curry instead. Who knows. Brandon Graham played linebacker when he was a junior in college so he's a bit more familiar with it. I think he's going to have a great season. I was reading up where the Eagles could run a 4-2-5 nickel defense with Graham and Cole on the edge with their hands on the ground in sub packages. But I don't see the Eagles exclusively playing just the 3-4. I expect to still see them in a 4-3 set and switch based on the situation. Trent Cole had a down year (along with basically the rest of the team) and this year will determine if he's done or not. Hopefully not. Furthermore, I am excited about Fletcher Cox in year two. I was praying we got Luke Kuechly but I'm satisfied with Cox. In general, it's question marks about our pieces in the 3-4 and how they will perform period as a unit. I'm a little pessimistic and assume we will have to score about 24-27 points a game to win.

Overall, our team in general is a huge question mark. No matter what anyone has said about Chip and his scheme at Oregon, no one really knows what his offense will look like; or the team in general. We are the hardest team in the league to predict how much success we are going to have. But I will say one thing. Being in the NFC East, I don't think anyone is truly out of the race. The fight for the division is always close and these teams beat up on each other all the time. But I'm just going to predict at least 7 wins; 7-9. Taking the middle road even though I get a boom or bust type feeling. Hopefully, Chip takes the league by storm (inner faith bleeding green hard) and we do great. But we are the most mysterious team in the league right now :ninja:

5caIDhF.jpg

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

The closer the season gets the more I think we'll get to the QB more this year on defense. We still have all the pieces. Not sure what happened last year in the pass rush department.Sometimes even in good coverage we didn't get home. I think the fact that we're probably putting 4 new starters out there means we'll at least be better in the secondary. The ILB position concerns me though. Ryans apparently didn't fit in the Houston 3-4 and I have a lot of questions about Kendricks. Stopping the run could be an issue but I think forcing turnovers is possible for us.

Offensively if we don't turn the ball over we'll be good. We will have a strong run game and plenty of diverse weapons. Really it all comes down to turnovers. We had too many fumbles from all ball carriers and too many INT's. If the Eagles can manage to put a stop to that they're a 10-11 win team. If not we could have a top 15 draft pick.

I'll give them 8 wins, Vick and McCoy could be godly with Chip Kelly at the helm.

The closer the season gets the more I think we'll get to the QB more this year on defense. We still have all the pieces. Not sure what happened last year in the pass rush department.Sometimes even in good coverage we didn't get home. I think the fact that we're probably putting 4 new starters out there means we'll at least be better in the secondary. The ILB position concerns me though. Ryans apparently didn't fit in the Houston 3-4 and I have a lot of questions about Kendricks. Stopping the run could be an issue but I think forcing turnovers is possible for us.

Offensively if we don't turn the ball over we'll be good. We will have a strong run game and plenty of diverse weapons. Really it all comes down to turnovers. We had too many fumbles from all ball carriers and too many INT's. If the Eagles can manage to put a stop to that they're a 10-11 win team. If not we could have a top 15 draft pick.

We were in a wide 9 scheme. Either the Eagles weren't executing properly or teams adjusted to it. Either way, it wasn't working. Jim Washburn continued to force that scheme on us and apparently that's all Washburn had up his sleeve (wide 9). As soon as he got fired, the following game we recorded our first sack in weeks; actually got multiple sacks.

Offensively, you're right. Our turnover ratio has been horrible in the last 2 years. I think in Vick's 3 years with us, he has like 30 pics and 32 fumbles or something like that. Straight turnover machine. Granted, all those fumbles weren't recovered by the opposing team, you still don't want your QB fumbling that frequently.

Edited by dutchff7

This one is arguably the toughest to predict. Depending on how this offense of Chip Kelly's translates to the NFL, they could very well make a splash this year. On paper, I can't see them in the playoffs this year, but you never know. Vick/Foles/Barkley is one thing, but the defense is also full of question marks inside and out.

That division is quickly becoming one of the more competitive in the NFL. I would have a hard time putting them over .500 until we can see the product on the field.

I think Chip Kelly's offense translates well to the NFL, but the Eagles play too many good defenses (Dallas twice, NYG twice, Denver, Tampa, Minnesota, Arizona)--that's 8 games against defenses who will probably be very very good and I don't think Philly wins any of those games but maybe Arizona.

I have no idea. See Dutch's post above for about how I feel, and more eloquently put than I could have done.

Realistically, I say the Eagles go 6-10 with two more wins than last year, and finish last in the NFC East. However, out of all the divisions in football, the NFC East is the biggest dogfight between rival teams. When the Eagles-Giants or Redskins-Cowboys square off, everything like records, stats, predictions just goes out the window. Now I do like what the Eagles are doing, it was very much needed IMPO. Bringing in Kelly, along with a complete overhaul of the staff and personnel. Brand new changes in scheme and philosophy. At the very least it can't get any worse. It is very tough to ever pick a divisional winner, but of course I am obligated to pick my team. :biggrin:

The Eagles are the toughest team in the NFL to handicap this year IMO. Not only do they have a new coach, but that new coach is likely to try and impliment an offensive philosophy that is almost entirely new to the league. So you have to predict how Chip Kelly will do as an NFL coach AND how his offense will play in this league. I don't even want to attempt a prediction, because nothing from 2-14 to 11-5 would really shock me.

Edited by KempBolt
  • Upvote 1

New coach, questions in the secondary, but a ton of talent on offense all over the field if they can nail down a QB. Depending on how well the new offense takes I can see them winning anywhere from 5-10 games. The eagles IMO are the hardest team in the NFL to gauge this season.

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH
  • Upvote 2