RazorStar

Thought Exercises

Give me the Falcons and let's start this thing.

Give me the Falcons and let's start this thing.

You can have the Steelers, too, if you want them.

Draft picks:

1. :Chiefs: Favre4Ever

2. :Eagles: SteVo

3. :Lions: Bay

4. :Bills: Seanbrock

5. :Jets: Jetsfan4Life

6. :Titans: .AirMcNair.

7. :Chargers: KempBolt

8. :dolphins: Phins4Life

9. :Bucs: Bucman

10. :panthers: Thanatos

11. :Saints: Dutch

12. :Rams: Sean

13. :Steelers: House

14. :Cowboys: RazorStar

15. :Giants: Bay

16. :Bears: Motm

17. :Bengals: Chernobyl

18. :Redskins: Bang

19. :Vikings: Minny

20. :Colts: NBB

21. :Seahawks: Crash

22. :Packers: Favre4Ever

23. :Texans: FartWaffles

24. :Broncos: RazorStar

25. :Patriots: Phins4Life

26. :Falcons: SteVo

27. :49ers: RANGA

28. :Ravens: Chernobyl

Favre4Ever is on the clock.

Edited by housemd

You can have the Steelers, too, if you want them.

We should just switch teams. You can have the Falcons and I get the Steelers.

We should just switch teams. You can have the Falcons and I get the Steelers.

Deal.

Oh shit.

Time for this to happen.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Yeah, let's do that so we avoid some clutter.

Favre4ever:

I hate you for taking Joe Thomas and also that picture is awesome.

If Fitzgerald goes to the Lion they are almost an instant contender for the Super Bowl. Just imagine it. Fitzgerald and Johnson combo.

Went with who I thought was the best player of the bunch in Campbell. He'll fit the Eagles new hybrid (but eventually 3-4) defense nicely.

Also, the Eagles are interested in trading their 2nd and 3rd round picks from this draft to move back up into the first round.

If Fitzgerald goes to the Lion they are almost an instant contender for the Super Bowl. Just imagine it. Fitzgerald and Johnson combo.

Nah we decided to go defense with the best CB available and boost our secondary with a young stud cover man.

Was glad Monroe was still there for the Chargers. Very good left tackle who has gotten better each season, and he's only 26.

Monroe would be a definite difference maker for the Chargers.

Was hoping Joe Thomas would somehow make it by the first 6 teams due to LT not being a huge need for any of them. Obviously FFE ended that pipe dream. Don't get the fit with the Chiefs though.

Monroe would be a definite difference maker for the Chargers.

And Washington was a great get for the Bills.

And Washington was a great get for the Bills.

That gives the Bills some very solid pieces in their front seven. Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus and Washington in the middle and Alonso and Williams on the weakside raising hell. Then you have Byrd in the secondary ball hawking like a G. Get some decent CB's and that defense is looking strong. Washigton is kind of that catalyst though. He's got the range you want in your MIKE and just because he's not the biggest guy in the world doesn't mean he can't take on blocks, he had 8 sacks last year. I really don't think it's long before he dethrones Willis.

Edited by seanbrock

Looking to trade Bengals 1st and 3rd for the 8th overall pick.

There aren't really any impact players at Titans positions of need from these 4 teams, so went with what I thought would upgrade us the most.

There aren't really any impact players at Titans positions of need from these 4 teams, so went with what I thought would upgrade us the most.

I'd have been tempted to grab another HB.

Personally, I'd have gone with Patrick Peterson, T.J. Ward, or Eugene Monroe over Jackson- though I understand the desire to take care of the MLB position. But Jackson is about to be 30 and has something of a dubious injury history. But to each their own! I certainly didn't mind.

That gives the Bills some very solid pieces in their front seven. Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus and Washington in the middle and Alonso and Williams on the weakside raising hell. Then you have Byrd in the secondary ball hawking like a G. Get some decent CB's and that defense is looking strong. Washigton is kind of that catalyst though. He's got the range you want in your MIKE and just because he's not the biggest guy in the world doesn't mean he can't take on blocks, he had 8 sacks last year. I really don't think it's long before he dethrones Willis.

I wouldn't personally take it that far. I think he's your classic chase and tackle MO, and should stay that way. From what I saw at TCU (and a little bit at AZ), he struggles taking on blocks in the hole and would rather run around them. I think he belongs next to a thumper who will do the dirty work and free him up to make splash plays- which he excels at. The Bills may need a MIKE more than a MO, but I think it was still probably the right pick because he's so good and so young.

Ok, this needs to get moving again. Wake up Phins! And everyone else.

I wouldn't personally take it that far. I think he's your classic chase and tackle MO, and should stay that way. From what I saw at TCU (and a little bit at AZ), he struggles taking on blocks in the hole and would rather run around them. I think he belongs next to a thumper who will do the dirty work and free him up to make splash plays- which he excels at. The Bills may need a MIKE more than a MO, but I think it was still probably the right pick because he's so good and so young.

Well Bradham would provide the thumper on the strong side but honestly that defensive line is good enough to keep blockers off those LB's for the most part.

Well Bradham would provide the thumper on the strong side but honestly that defensive line is good enough to keep blockers off those LB's for the most part.

I thought they were going 3-4 again? Meaning either Washington-Alonso in the middle or Washington-Bradham.

And that DL is really talented, but they don't two gap very much which means linebackers have to deal with OL blocks. The days of the true 2 gap 3-4 approach are almost done. Williams and Dareus will likely normally be given responsibility for 1 gap and will be looking to get up field rather than eat blocks.