27.:Chargers:

28.:jags:

29.:Cardinals:

30.:Eagles:

31.:Raiders:

32.:Jets:

• Upvote 1

Wow. 27... that's pretty bold.

At the very least, you're no longer starting Jeromy Clary, so you're like 8 times better on the line now.

At the very least, you're no longer starting Jeromy Clary, so you're like 8 times better on the line now.

He's slated to start at RG. Can't say how that will go, but it suits his skillset a heck of a lot better.

Well. Who's dick is he sucking to get a job year in and year out?

1.:Broncos:

2.:Seahawks:

3.:49ers:

4.:Falcons:

5.:Packers:

6.:Texans:

7.:Ravens:

8.:Bengals:

9.:Saints:

10.:Colts:

11.:Patriots:

12.:Bucs:

13.:dolphins:

14.:Rams:

15.:Steelers:

16.:Cowboys:

17.:Bears:

18.:Vikings:

19.:Giants:

20.:Chiefs:

21.:Redskins:

22.:Browns:

23.:Titans:

24.:Lions:

25.:Bills:

26.:panthers:

27.:Chargers:

I like this poster now and don't care about the rest of the list. He has the Colts ahead of the Patriots.

*giggles*

;)

Edited by Jules

Here's the way I see it with the Vikings: I don't like most of their back 7 on defense. Greenway is good and Smith should be really good, but the other 5 starters and depth aren't so good in my opinion. On offense, I don't much like their receivers or their guards. And while AP was awesome enough to keep their offense going last year, that type of performance is basically not repeatable. Meaning that Ponder needs to step up this year or they won't be able to hack it. I don't see him doing that. And when six of your games are against the Packers, Bears, and Lions, there isn't much margin for error.

As for the Saints, why wouldn't you show them some love? Yes, they went 7-9 a year ago but they did that without a head coach. If you look at them the three years before that, you see two 13-3 seasons, an 11-5 season, and a SB ring. And the core of the team that made them so good is still in place, so I don't think it would be fair to judge them on last year when they had to do it without Payton.

Can't ever count out the Saints with Brees. But, they gotta fix that D.....my God... :panic:

It was so.....bad last year. :blink:

Edited by Jules
  • Upvote 2

I really like your use of emoticons lol. Don't ever stop. Banana.gif

10. :Bengals:- Cincinnati rounds out the top-10 as possibly the most overhyped team in the league coming into 2013. I've heard talk saying the Bengals are the best team in the AFC. Not hardly. They're the 3rd best team in their own division until they show me they can beat their division rivals- someone other than the Browns, please.

The swept the Steelers couple years ago with mostly the same type of roster...

Wow. 27... that's pretty bold.

I think overall as a team, the Chargers lack talent. On both sides of the ball, I think they are just below average. :shrug: Unless the offense finally starts putting up points and the defense steps up more consistently I doubt that there will be many wins.

I like this poster now and don't care about the rest of the list. He has the Colts ahead of the Patriots.

*giggles*

;)

The Colts have the chance to be great this year. Luck is an absolute monster when he has time to throw the ball, and their offense continues to add pieces. Ahmad Bradshaw and Darrius Heyward-Bey are going to give Luck so many more options. Cherilus and Warford should help that god-awful line. My main worry is the defensive play, especially with Freeney gone. Then again, they weren't even utilizing him correctly.

Edited by Chernobyl426

The swept the Steelers couple years ago with mostly the same type of roster...

No? That was all the way back in '09. Not even close to the same type of roster.

I think overall as a team, the Chargers lack talent. On both sides of the ball, I think they are just below average. :shrug: Unless the offense finally starts putting up points and the defense steps up more consistently I doubt that there will be many wins.

Well- we won 7 games last year despite Norv choking away two double digit halftime leads against Denver and New Orleans. And I think we upgraded in a lot of ways. McCoy, Whisenhunt, better offensive line personnel, and better weapons should help Rivers get back to form. And the defense was good in its first year under Pagano. I think that will continue.

But it's your list, so I will stop bitching now.

Let's tier it up.

Major Contenders (1-8)

:Ravens:

:49ers:

:Seahawks:

:Packers:

:Broncos:

:Falcons:

:Patriots:

:Texans:

A Fair Chance: (9-14)

:Bengals:

:Giants:

:Steelers:

:dolphins:

:Redskins:

:Bears:

Longshots: (15-23)

:Colts:

:Vikings:

:Saints:

:panthers:

:Cowboys:

:Rams:

:Bucs:

:Chiefs:

:Chargers:

Forever Mediocre (24-29)

:Titans:

:Lions:

:Bills:

:Cardinals:

:Browns:

:Eagles:

Chasing a Dream (30-32)

:Jets:

:jags:

:Raiders:

Well- we won 7 games last year despite Norv choking away two double digit halftime leads against Denver and New Orleans. And I think we upgraded in a lot of ways. McCoy, Whisenhunt, better offensive line personnel, and better weapons should help Rivers get back to form. And the defense was good in its first year under Pagano. I think that will continue.

But it's your list, so I will stop bitching now.

No. Prove me wrong. You won against bad teams. Raiders x2 Chiefs x2 Jets Titans Steelers. The Browns even won.

Chargers choked away 5 leads at halftime last year. If they improved in that category at all, with their schedule they'd be a wildcard team, or at least in the running.

No. Prove me wrong. You won against bad teams. Raiders x2 Chiefs x2 Jets Titans Steelers. The Browns even won.

And yet you ranked us behind half of these teams. I'm not asking you to believe in the Chargers. Just saying that they weren't completely horrible last year and there are some reasons to believe they'll be better.

Chargers choked away 5 leads at halftime last year. If they improved in that category at all, with their schedule they'd be a wildcard team, or at least in the running.

This is pretty much all I'm saying. If... IF the improvements take place that I believe will take place then we have a shot to push for a WC spot. Hard to see us being worse than 2012 when we upgraded our personnel and Norv had to do some pretty impressive things to give away some wins last year.

And yet you ranked us behind half of these teams. I'm not asking you to believe in the Chargers. Just saying that they weren't completely horrible last year and there are some reasons to believe they'll be better.

That middle of the pack spot between 27-20 is a toss-up. I just think of all the teams there, if I had to one season run them, who would be the best. I won't deny that progress is being made, but I'd take the Chiefs or Browns over the Chargers right now. I don't think they have enough talent to consistently and dominantly win games. For example, the Chiefs are on the rise. They're becoming better and better through the offseason. The Chargers are in football purgatory right now. Maybe the new coaching staff turns them into a 10-6 team. Maybe they go 3-13. If I had an estimate on their schedule, I'd say 2-4 in the division and wins over Redskins, Jags, Eagles, and maybe Titans.

That middle of the pack spot between 27-20 is a toss-up. I just think of all the teams there, if I had to one season run them, who would be the best. I won't deny that progress is being made, but I'd take the Chiefs or Browns over the Chargers right now. I don't think they have enough talent to consistently and dominantly win games. For example, the Chiefs are on the rise. They're becoming better and better through the offseason. The Chargers are in football purgatory right now. Maybe the new coaching staff turns them into a 10-6 team. Maybe they go 3-13. If I had an estimate on their schedule, I'd say 2-4 in the division and wins over Redskins, Jags, Eagles, and maybe Titans.

27 is middle of the pack?

I think that the Chargers and Bears have a distinct advantage over the rest of the teams trying to claw back into it. Because if their coaches fix the offense, they have franchise QB's. And that's the key ingredient to winning games.

Yeah,the team that is a serious contender every single season is a bad team.

Yeah,the team that is a serious contender every single season is a bad team.

I apologize. I meant the general group of teams is bad. Pittsburgh does sit above the rest.

27 is middle of the pack?

I think that the Chargers and Bears have a distinct advantage over the rest of the teams trying to claw back into it. Because if their coaches fix the offense, they have franchise QB's. And that's the key ingredient to winning games.

I think there are 5 tiers of teams right now. Contenders 1-5. Elite 6-11. Wild card competition 12-19. Rebuilding/Give them some time 20-27. Clear bottom 28-32. When I mean middle of the pack, I'm talking about 5-11 to 7-9 teams. Talent wise, I see San Diego at 27. Record wise, I see them in the 20 area.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Let's tier it up.

Major Contenders (1-8)

:Ravens:

:49ers:

:Seahawks:

:Packers:

:Broncos:

:Falcons:

:Patriots:

:Texans:

A Fair Chance: (9-14)

:Bengals:

:Giants:

:Steelers:

:dolphins:

:Redskins:

:Bears:

Longshots: (15-23)

:Colts:

:Vikings:

:Saints:

:panthers:

:Cowboys:

:Rams:

:Bucs:

:Chiefs:

:Chargers:

Forever Mediocre (24-29)

:Titans:

:Lions:

:Bills:

:Cardinals:

:Browns:

:Eagles:

Chasing a Dream (30-32)

:Jets:

:jags:

:Raiders:

I like the idea of a tiered approach, because it's so difficult to do much more than that without at least seeing how the pre-season unfolds. Rosters are going to change dramatically in some cases, long shots will make the cut, big timers will get hurt and a lot of the current assessments will be out the window.

That said, I have a hard time nailing down where the Phins should be. I think the OP had them too low at 24, but I've also seen them as high as 13, which I also disagree with based on lack of proven team talent (as opposed to obvious individual talent). Right now, I think they sit somewhere between 15-20...probably closer to 20.

1.:Broncos:

2.:Seahawks:

3.:49ers:

4.:Falcons:

5.:Packers:

6.:Texans:

7.:Ravens:

8.:Bengals:

9.:Saints:

10.:Colts:

11.:Patriots:

12.:Bucs:

13.:dolphins:

14.:Rams:

15.:Steelers:

16.:Cowboys:

17.:Bears:

18.:Vikings:

19.:Giants:

20.:Chiefs:

21.:Redskins:

22.:Titans:

23.:Browns:

24.:Bills:

25.:Chargers:

26.:Lions:

27.:panthers:

Redone, now that I've thought over all the Chargers discussion and stuff. I think 20-27 is almost anyone's game though. Consistency could bring any of those teams up into the teens.

Redone, now that I've thought over all the Chargers discussion and stuff. I think 20-27 is almost anyone's game though. Consistency could bring any of those teams up into the teens.

I have a difficult time agreeing with the Phins being above the Steelers, Bears, and Giants. A case could be made for the Steelers being older on D, but if Ben stays healthy, I think they should be higher.

Solid rankings Chernobyl. The only thing that really sticks out to me that I disagree with is the Colts and Saints being over the Patriots.