Minny

UPDATE: Von Miller Suspended 6 Games

Great question. It could be something as silly as the Drug Program submits an attendance list and some low $ office staffer plugs in who missed and it triggers a suspension from the league. You got me. Everything I have read says that this guy has been squeaky clean since he got popped for weed during his rookie testing. Its hard to imagine a guy who is in line for one of the top 2 biggest defensive contracts ever (JJ watt other contract) is gonna get himself in trouble. Stranger things have happened however.

Nothing shocks me any more- no matter how stupid. We'll see what comes down. If he did nothing wrong, I genuinely hope it's overturned.

Per Rotoworld.com:

ABC Denver reports Broncos SLB Von Miller was arrested Sunday for failing to appear in court.

Per court records, an arrest warrant was issued January 2 after Miller missed a December 31 court date on October traffic charges. It's an extremely immature mistake, but the charges are not serious. Nevertheless, it's a bad look for a player trying to get his four-game ban for violating the league's substance-abuse policy reduced. Miller is a special talent, but obviously doesn't have his act together off the field. Aug 14 - 3:57 PM

Source: ABC Denver

:facepalm:

He's not making it any easier for himself...

I don't understand why any NFL player wants to do drugs.

I don't understand why any NFL player wants to do drugs.

Weed is good product that helps heal the body so it does make sense why so many guys who constantly beat there body's up get popped for it

because drugs are fun, and when you got loads of money and free time, what else are you gonna do? Garden?

Weed is good product that helps heal the body so it does make sense why so many guys who constantly beat there body's up get popped for it

It also gets you suspended- unlike many legal things that help heal the body.

But it's not surprising that you're defending a Bronco for doing something stupid.

because drugs are fun, and when you got loads of money and free time, what else are you gonna do? Garden?

How else would they grow weed?

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

From @Mortreport and me: Broncos LB Von Miller likely will be suspended as soon as today for at least six games.

Chris Mortensen ✔ @mortreport

Miller still hopes to negotiate 4 game suspension; not lot of optimism in Denver. Talks ongoing but 6 games has been on table, per sources

What a huge disappointment.

This is going to suck for the Broncos. Dumervil gone, Miller suspended, their pass rush is going to blow.

There's got to be more to this than what we know.

And the Broncos are going to have to win some shootouts in the first 6 weeks I think. Their ultimate season goals should still be attainable.

And the Broncos are going to have to win some shootouts in the first 6 weeks I think. Their ultimate season goals should still be attainable.

I was thinking the same. Are they really going to add on two games with no appeal for missing a court date? That seems a bit off to me, but then again... Maybe they just want to send a message after he abuses so many chances already, this early into his pro career.

I was thinking the same. Are they really going to add on two games with no appeal for missing a court date? That seems a bit off to me, but then again... Maybe they just want to send a message after he abuses so many chances already, this early into his pro career.

PFT is speculating that perhaps he was caught trying to cheat the system a la D.J. Williams.

There is more talent on the defense then is given credit for. Losing Von miller is not going to turn our defense into a 20 ranked unit, we will go from one of the best to a top 10 unit still. There are still pass rushers and there are still run stoppers and there are still corners on our defense

There is more talent on the defense then is given credit for. Losing Von miller is not going to turn our defense into a 20 ranked unit, we will go from one of the best to a top 10 unit still. There are still pass rushers and there are still run stoppers and there are still corners on our defense

LolCrash.

Not having Dumervil OR Miller for 6 games is going to hurt the pass defense significantly. Especially if Champ isn't ready for the season. You're not going to convince anyone otherwise unless they're a total Broncos homer like you, in which case they really won't need convincing.

Only you could lose your best player and only proven pass rusher on defense, have a fan of a rival team say that it will hurt but they should still be fine in the long run, and still take issue as though your roster isn't getting enough respect.

30 sacks. That's the kind of presence that is going to be missing from the Broncos defense for the first 6 contests of 2013. If you hilariously assume that Robert Ayers and the like are going to replace that, well... then I guess I'm not surprised because you're amusing like that. Just don't expect normal fans to buy it (Broncos or otherwise).

• Upvote 1

LolCrash.

Not having Dumervil OR Miller for 6 games is going to hurt the pass defense significantly. Especially if Champ isn't ready for the season. You're not going to convince anyone otherwise unless they're a total Broncos homer like you, in which case they really won't need convincing.

Only you could lose your best player and only proven pass rusher on defense, have a fan of a rival team say that it will hurt but they should still be fine in the long run, and still take issue as though your roster isn't getting enough respect.

30 sacks. That's the kind of presence that is going to be missing from the Broncos defense for the first 6 contests of 2013. If you hilariously assume that Robert Ayers and the like are going to replace that, well... then I guess I'm not surprised because you're amusing like that. Just don't expect normal fans to buy it (Broncos or otherwise).

Ayers will pick it up a little bit but mostly Phillips who looked great against SF and Malik Jackson who dominated one of the best left tackles in joe staley. We have great players at A LOT of positions but having a top 5 player in the league with Von miller overshadows that. No has really looked into our roster and there are DE and DT that will make up the loss and all this does is give younger players more playing time. Our linebackers won't take much of a hit and the only real question is the pass rush.

I know right now you don't know what a team with depth looks like but Elway has been one of the best talent evaluating GMs in the league and our coaching staff has been one of the best at developing talent. We will still be a top 10 defense

Edited by Crash

1) Von, you tool. What are you doing?

2) Stuff like this makes me hate developing a man-crush on some of my hometown players because they always let you down.

3) I think the offense goes NE for the first 6 weeks and tries to run it up on everybody to try and keep pressure off the D.

4) Von, your still a tool if you took PEDs

Can't say his on other forums, but fuck you Von Miller.

I honestly don't give a shit if he's suspended a full season. He's 1A priority isn't the Broncos or football. He needs to grow up and realize he's getting paid a shitload of money to be clean.

The Broncos are still among the best teams in the AFC with or without him.

Ayers will pick it up a little bit but mostly Phillips who looked great against SF and Malik Jackson who dominated one of the best left tackles in joe staley. We have great players at A LOT of positions but having a top 5 player in the league with Von miller overshadows that. No has really looked into our roster and there are DE and DT that will make up the loss and all this does is give younger players more playing time. Our linebackers won't take much of a hit and the only real question is the pass rush.

I know right now you don't know what a team with depth looks like but Elway has been one of the best talent evaluating GMs in the league and our coaching staff has been one of the best at developing talent. We will still be a top 10 defense

I would argue with you, but I think it's more effective to point out that you're counting on Robert Ayers, Shaun Phillips, and Malik Jackson to make you a top 10 defense and you actually think that's a probability. Highlighting that is more effective than anything I could say. Not that there's ever a risk of anyone taking you seriously.

Thank goodness there isn't a Chargers version of Crash on TGP.

Since I know how much you enjoy PFF statistics:

Lone Threat

The Broncos currently possess one of the top, if not the best edge pass rushing threat in the NFL. The problem this season is they don’t possess any other sort of pass rushing threat. Saturday’s game was a microcosm of how Denver’s season could easily play out. The starters picked up three total pressures on the day with Von Miller collecting two and Shaun Phillips recording the other. The players most likely to play in the defensive line rotation this season rushed the passer 62 combined times against the Seahawks and came up with only one pressure. That sort of ineffectiveness could plague the Broncos all season long and will be particularly worrisome if Miller misses the first six games.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/19/refo-den-sea-preseason-wk-2/

Edited by KempBolt

Denver's pass rush was the main reason why their defense was good. It will be interesting to see how your secondary does without the luxury of having Von Doom ahead of them getting after the QB.

Derek Wolfe is really gonna have to step his game up if we want to survive this season.

The Denver Broncos will be without their best defensive player for the first six games of the season.

The NFL suspended Von Miller on Tuesday for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. Miller released a statement through the NFL Players Association:

"The substances of abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules," Miller said. "Although my suspension doesn't result from a positive test, there is no excuse for my violations of the rules. I made mistakes and my suspension has hurt my team, Broncos fans, and myself. I am especially sorry for the effect of my bad decisions on others.

"I will not make the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future," Miller continued. "During my time off the field, I will work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my return to the field and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver."

Derek Wolfe is really gonna have to step his game up if we want to survive this season.

Why? According to Crash he's already one of the best.

Why? According to Crash he's already one of the best.

J.J. Watt 2.0

First things first, the Broncos are overrated.

Second, without a pass rush, how do they expect to survive the first two weeks of the season? They could be 0-2 before we know it.

Oh I know, Peyton Manning this and 3 fairly good receivers that, but so what? Their defense is going to struggle right off the bat, and while their schedule does have a handful of easy games (Raiders twice, Titans, Jags), the rest of their schedule is brutal. Ouch.

Broncos fans, stop fooling yourselves. This is going to hurt.

Edited by BwareDWare94