Minny

UPDATE: Von Miller Suspended 6 Games

The Broncos will use WLB Wesley Woodyard at middle linebacker during SLB Von Miller's six-game suspension.

Danny Trevathan is now the weak-side 'backer, with Shaun Phillips and Nate Irving rotating at strong side. Woodyard should be a monster IDP, racking up tackles behind Terrance Knighton and Sylvester Williams while playing every down as a key piece in all of Denver's sub-packages. He will flirt with LB1 statistics, and is expected to stay inside even when Miller returns.

Source: ESPN.com

Didn't they report that it wasn't PEDs? While Von Miller is high on my list of players who I think may be using them, there's no proof as of yet.

As much as we don't want this to be PEDs, doesn't it seem like a lot of young players are entering the league and thriving, immediately? It seems a bit off, to me. Here we've got Aldon Smith and JJ Watt chasing records in their second seasons. It just doesn't seem right to me, and Von Miller has kind of risen like that, as well.

Didn't they report that it wasn't PEDs? While Von Miller is high on my list of players who I think may be using them, there's no proof as of yet.

As much as we don't want this to be PEDs, doesn't it seem like a lot of young players are entering the league and thriving, immediately? It seems a bit off, to me. Here we've got Aldon Smith and JJ Watt chasing records in their second seasons. It just doesn't seem right to me, and Von Miller has kind of risen like that, as well.

5TROpG4.gif

Edited by RANGA
  • Upvote 2

It was never PEDs, it was marijuana that got him put in the drug program. He got tested at practice in the offseason, he spilled it and when they tested him again after practice, it came back diluted.

Edited by SolomonGrundy

To be clear, the NFL isn't suspending him because he spilled. They're suspending him because they believe he intentionally provided a diluted sample to cheat the test. No idea if that's true, but that's why.

Edited by KempBolt

Just better hope he doesn't get in more trouble. He has more "free time" now so to speak. :panic::p:)

What I'm trying to tell you is that you'll spin anything to argue that it's good for the Broncos. Which is fine, it's just amusing is all. If you guys get home field advantage, it will all be for the best because Manning can't be beat at home. If you gets play away in a dome, it will all be for the best because Manning can't be beat indoors.

Oh he can be beat indoors too. Or else I imagined all those home playoff losses when he was with the Colts. ;)

The last place he would like to play though would likely be NE if you hooked him up to a lie detector test IMO.

He would in all honestly prefer to play in Denver I feel. Manning likes comfort and to be in his usual environment he is used to all season long. He likes routine. Cold or not....besides that game this past January to me was epically unusually cold too. Then again if you had a snowstorm and heavy winds then I don't have a clue... :yep:

Edited by Jules

I completely understand suspending guys when it's legit but he goes over a year with clean tests and then one comes back diluted after he practices where he is drinking water and Gatorade like a monster and they slap more time on?!?! Ok fine but then there is word that there are people pushing for him to be suspended for the entire year!!!! Are you fucking kidding me!!! That screams tampering to me when someone is pushing to get our best player off our team for the full year

• Downvote 1

I completely understand suspending guys when it's legit but he goes over a year with clean tests and then one comes back diluted after he practices where he is drinking water and Gatorade like a monster and they slap more time on?!?! Ok fine but then there is word that there are people pushing for him to be suspended for the entire year!!!! Are you fucking kidding me!!! That screams tampering to me when someone is pushing to get our best player off our team for the full year

If he really accidentally spilled the first sample, why not just tell someone and retest the next day? Players are told how to provide a proper sample. They know they can't chug gallons of water just prior. The reason he got suspended was because instead of just saying he dropped his sample, he provided a diluted sample which makes the NFL believe that he's trying to circumvent the system. Which they have reason to believe because he's tested positive in the past. So dispense with the conspiracy theory as if Miller was ignorant of how this works and made an honest mistake. As if the league is trying to keep one of its most exciting young players off of television screens (or much less, hurt a team quarterbacked by the NFL's favorite son). Miller is the one who was stupid enough to test positive once, and Miller is the one that blew it again this time.

Oh of course. Denver is already going to be Superbowl champions, the only way its fair for the other teams is if they get rid of Von Miller for six weeks.

Chill, man, the NFL is just giving everyone else a slim shot to catch up God's Chosen Ones, aka, the Denver Broncos, but it won't matter, everyone knows they're going 19-0 and winning the Superbowl with ease.

Actually, it's quite clear in the testing policy.

1. A player remains a Stage two participant for 24 months or 2 full seasons (whichever is shorter). After 24 months, he's cleared completely as if no violation ever occurred.

2. People can push for whatever they like, but the maximum suspension is 6 games.

3. It wasn't that he diluted his sample, or even that he spilled his first sample. Those instances are accounted for in the policy. However, if a diluted sample is provided -- which can easily occur given the circumstances of having to secure a new sample after a practice -- then the definition of a positive test changes from an acceptable threshold to 'any trace whatsoever'.

In this case, there is no tampering. The letter of the law (Policy) is clear and absolute. All Miller had to do was not smoke weed for the remainder of this year and he'd have been restored to full clean status where his next infraction would have merely merited a warning.

The guy is a garden variety addict. There is no getting around that. I don't think there is any real question that he really did try to sabotage the test because he knew the results would have been positive. He's now a stage three forever because he couldn't go 12 more months clean.

The policy is very forgiving for players.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Denver Post reports there is an open warrant out for suspended Broncos SLB Von Miller in California.
The warrant is for Miller's failure to appear for a traffic ticket issued last year. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's hands may be tied when it comes to traffic citations, but arrest warrants could be another matter entirely. We're almost expecting Goodell to add to Miller's six-game suspension at this point. The NFL wanted a longer ban before that discipline was handed down. Sep 11 - 10:12 PM
Source: Denver Post
Edited by BLUE

Such a shame. Million dollar talent with a 10 cent head. Hire someone to clean up your messes for gods sakes. This wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if he just paid his fines and moves on.

Such a shame. Million dollar talent with a 10 cent head. Hire someone to clean up your messes for gods sakes. This wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if he just paid his fines and moves on.

That's the crazy part is that nothing he's doing would be that hard to straighten out. Traffic tickets? He's got money. Failed drug test? Just stop smoking pot. Spilled your piss sample? Explain what happened and do it again the right way.

Everything he's getting in trouble for is 100% correctable. He's just too dumb or lazy to do anything about it.

Von's been hanging around D.J. Williams too much.

ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen reported suspended Broncos OLB Von Miller unsuccessfully tried to corrupt the NFL drug testing program.

This explains why rumors of a possible one-year ban swirled before Miller was eventually suspended for six games. Per Mort and Schefter, Miller received help from the urine collector in his corruption attempt. The urine collector was relieved of his duties. Miller has serious issues. One more misstep and he could lose a year's worth of pay. According to ESPN's Tom Jackson, Miller's father is now living with him in an effort to keep the 24-year-old out of trouble. Miller will be back Week 7. The Broncos haven't missed a beat without him.

Details? How the fuck do you corrupt an entire testing program?

Miller should've asked Onterrio Smith for his Whizzinator.