Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Coach's Hot Seat Rankings

http://q.usatoday.com/2013/09/18/coaches-hot-seat-rankings/?utm_source=Q&utm_medium=sidebarlink&utm_campaign=Qsidebar

Can't really disagree with these rankings.

Schiano and Rivera are easily the top 2. Rivera is constantly losing close games for the Panthers and Schiano is too stubborn to adapt to the NFL.

I don't think Shanahan is that high, I could be wrong but I think the Skins are willing to have a little patience knowing that they brought Shanahan and Bruce Allen in for a total rebuild, I think most people realize that they were ahead of the projection last season so as long as he salvages something around .500 I think he sticks around

then again, Snyder may decide that four years is enough time for the Shanahan/Allen rebuild era, especially if the defense doesn't turn it around

• Upvote 1

The better question is: Why does Ron Rivera still have a head coaching job?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I wont see John Harbaugh in there for another 5 years..... :disgust:

You guys just won the Superbowl. You're crazy if Harbaugh had nothing to do with it. Don't want to hear no more of your complaining!! lol

Frazier will probably be gone after the season. Kind of sad to think of that, really...

You guys just won the Superbowl. You're crazy if Harbaugh had nothing to do with it. Don't want to hear no more of your complaining!! lol

I will give him MAYBE 1 percent of the credit for that. That is it, nothing more, nothing less.

I like his brother better, and I dont like his brother. His brother can actually coach though so...yeah there ya go.

I'll take some flack for this but I thought the Ravens were very lucky at times last season but that is beside the point of this thread.

I'm really beginning to think Rex Ryan is regaining some credibility with the way his defense is playing (so far). Sure the offense is a mess but I really do think its a talent issue, not a coaching issue. I guess the whole "New York needs success" type of thing will always have him on the hot seat though.

Ron Rivera is definitely on the way to being fired, a bit disappointing for me as I loved him when he was with the Chargers. I actually wanted him to replace Norv lol.

I'll take some flack for this but I thought the Ravens were very lucky at times last season but that is beside the point of this thread.

I'm really beginning to think Rex Ryan is regaining some credibility with the way his defense is playing (so far). Sure the offense is a mess but I really do think its a talent issue, not a coaching issue. I guess the whole "New York needs success" type of thing will always have him on the hot seat though.

Ron Rivera is definitely on the way to being fired, a bit disappointing for me as I loved him when he was with the Chargers. I actually wanted him to replace Norv lol.

You have to be good and lucky to win a superbowl, but 5 straight seasons with a postseason win isn't all luck.

You have to be good and lucky to win a superbowl, but 5 straight seasons with a postseason win isn't all luck.

Agreed

Rex Ryan is a great defensive coordinator, that doesn't mean he's a good head coach, he knows what he's doing with the defense, but he need someone else to run the offense independent of himself, it's the Peter Principle, he was promoted to the level of his incompetence

I've said it before--I don't think Rex's job should be in jeopardy. He has not been given the offensive pieces to consistently field a competitive team, and yet his defense, which is his specialty, has been excellent pretty much the entire time. Firing Rex is pointless. The Jets don't have an offense worthy of scoring 20 points on 'Bama.

I will give him MAYBE 1 percent of the credit for that. That is it, nothing more, nothing less.

I like his brother better, and I dont like his brother. His brother can actually coach though so...yeah there ya go.

You expect too much. It's that simple.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh is 64-31 (67%) as an NFL head coach, including 9-4 (69%) in the postseason. The Ravens have made the playoffs for all five of his seasons as a head coach, have won at least one postseason game each time, and just won the superbowl. And they've done all of this with a QB who is only recently starting to approach upper echelon status. If that guy can't coach, then Baltimore is the luckiest franchise in the history of football and it's not close.

Or ozzie is that good in the draft....oh and he had 2 good d coordinators in that stretch.

Give him the patriots last 5 drafts and he is already fired.

Harbaugh is 64-31 (67%) as an NFL head coach, including 9-4 (69%) in the postseason. The Ravens have made the playoffs for all five of his seasons as a head coach, have won at least one postseason game each time, and just won the superbowl. And they've done all of this with a QB who is only recently starting to approach upper echelon status. If that guy can't coach, then Baltimore is the luckiest franchise in the history of football and it's not close.

Or ozzie is that good in the draft....oh and he had 2 good d coordinators in that stretch.

Give him the patriots last 5 drafts and he is already fired.

Yeah, well, you give Bill Bellichick the Jaguars and the Jaguars still suck.

Is Tom Coughlin at all on the hot seat? I realize they just won the Superbowl two years ago, but the Giants are now 0-3 and it is New York we're talking about.

• Upvote 1

Is Tom Coughlin at all on the hot seat? I realize they just won the Superbowl two years ago, but the Giants are now 0-3 and it is New York we're talking about.

I'd say he's on the warm seat. Speaking of that Giants/Panthers game, Ron Rivera's seat gets a little cooler, and Greg Schiano now has the hottest seat in the NFL.

Time to put Leslie Frazier on the hot seat. Fucker's cost the Vikings two straight games with his soft ass late game defense.

like you said, he won the Super Bowl two years ago and two of the last six, I think that keeps his seat pretty well cooled

New York is always talking about Tom Coughlin being on the hotseat when they're playing bad. They said the same thing the year before they won the Superbowl and hopped right back on. Coughlin is fine. That's just N.Y Media for you.