AL_Royalty

Are 11-6 Chiefs for real?

How does a defense go to shit that badly in one half? Did Tony Romo replace Alex Smith at halftime?

Look at who they played. They run parallels with a similar team from Ohio in college football.

I made the same comparison yesterday. The offense delivered, the defense just got raped. It's a shame, really.

They had a shitton of injuries during the game. IIRC they had to move a safety to corner right before the deep hilton td, where he was targeted.

I'd say I was correct. Good team, just not a super bowl team.

yeah, injuries killed KC in that game, you can't convince me the Chiefs wouldn't have had an easier time closing that game out with Charles in the game, or even keeping their second string RB healthy through the end of the game, not that it fully excuses the, you've gotta be ready to deal with injuries, but it should be noted before we bury them for losing a close game to a good team

Yeah they were great in the first half. Second half the entire team just shit the bed. Of course I picked them to win. :coffee:

Sounds like how their season went.

You're singing a familiar tune that a lot of Packer fans are right now, but those letdowns have been consistent since the Super Bowl victory. You've dealt with it most of your life under King "Of Mediocrity" Carl, but it fell dormant for a while... And now it's back.

Welcome (back) to the club, John.

Well Jawn, on the positive side...you aren't a Browns or Bills fan. So that's something to be thankful for.

I'm not trolling when I say this-- I honestly feel bad for Chiefs fans.

The team went from 2-14 to 11-5 and you were still put in a position to be disappointed. A talented, healthy, fundamentally sound team cut right through a cupcake schedule for nine weeks which gave hope to the fan base that the Chiefs had ascended to being a Super Bowl contender. Then reality hit in the form of tougher opponents and injuries and the whole thing kind of came crashing down.

If the Chiefs would have had an average schedule and a typical amount of injuries in that first 9 week stretch, they probably still end the season with 8 or 9 wins and give their fans a hopeful outlook after a 6-7 game improvement. Instead, they're left disappointed because their expectations were inflated by extenuating circumstances. It sucks.

After the hangover of the Colts game wears off (March maybe?), I hope the KC faithful can feel good about the huge strides they took this year. The only thing I'd really be worried about moving forward is the organization committing to Alex Smith long term.

2-14 and the first overall to 11-6 and a playoff birth with an all-new staff in its first year is nothing to be upset about, at least imo. :shrug:

says the guy with the signature showing Kansas City players as the henchmen extras in the Denver Broncos march to the Superbowl movie. Only winners get wings right? Well guess what: I WANT FUCKING WINGS!

It's a great turnaround. I'm not upset about the turnaround. I'm upset about the effort that they put into disappointing a loyal fan base, and I use the word effort because you have to actually TRY to lose a 28 POINT FUCKING LEAD IN THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS! :shrug:

• Upvote 1