BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

Justin Faulk representing Carolina on the US team. Fuck all Commies.

it's interesting to see how many people who didn't care about hockey when they joined this site...now watch it on a regular basis. I am one of them. lol

it's interesting to see how many people who didn't care about hockey when they joined this site...now watch it on a regular basis. I am one of them. lol

Yeah, pretty much me too. I first got into it during the 2010 Olympics and then stopped for some reason. Wanted to start back last year but the Lockout made me turn away. Now I'm back and loving it.

Maple Leafs with a big win. Bozak with a big return

David Nonis, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced Wednesday that the hockey club has acquired defenceman Tim Gleason from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for defencemen John-Michael Liles and Dennis Robertson.

Gleason, 30, has registered one assist and 10 penalty minutes in 17 games as an assistant captain with Carolina this season. The 6-0, 217-pound defenceman has played 616 games in his NHL career with Carolina and the Los Angeles Kings, collecting 128 points (15 goals, 113 assists) with 591 penalty minutes.

Hockey is a great game. Getting people into it is just one of many great things TGP does. :D

Hockey and Basketball are all we have for a few months, too, after the Super Bowl.

Pirates play their 1st game on March 31, though. :devious:

What a game last night between the Avs and Flyers. Tons of scoring chances cancelled out by outstanding goaltending from both netminders. :yep:

• Upvote 1

gotta say I've almost given up on this season, we're likely gonna make the playoffs because of the weakness of our division but the reliance on shootout wins is a bit concerning since we can't get wins that way once the playoffs start, we're 25th in the league right now in ROW

gotta say I've almost given up on this season, we're likely gonna make the playoffs because of the weakness of our division but the reliance on shootout wins is a bit concerning since we can't get wins that way once the playoffs start, we're 25th in the league right now in ROW

Jeff Skinner crushed your soul. :D

Someone please for the love of god explain why the Devils would send down Eric Gelinas? Had the best slapshot on our team and was playing good. He's much better than our other rookie d-man Jon Merrilll.

So stupid. Fitting we lose to one of the worst teams tonight and I have to witness it. Could only score a goal on a 5-on-3.

so i cant quote on ps3... Skinner is en fuego, do the Devils really think Gelinas is a liability on D and go Avs tonight! Rolling on this 7-game homestand

so i cant quote on ps3... Skinner is en fuego, do the Devils really think Gelinas is a liability on D and go Avs tonight! Rolling on this 7-game homestand

We brought Gelinas back up today (Elias sent to IR). Stupid for him to be sent down in the first place but oh well. It's a shame as soon as we look like we might be getting healthy we get another big injury such as Elias. Team just can't catch a break.

Big game with the Flyers tomorrow.

Rick, honest opinion on Marty?

Rick, honest opinion on Marty?

Marty is fine. He has hit highs and lows this season. I don't feel any more or less confident with him or Schneider in net. I feel like they both give us a good chance to win.

I think DeBoer has been looking for one of them to totally snag the #1 job though and that just hasn't happened.

Canes only one point out of the last playoff spot in the Metro. Skinner is pretty much Jesus and Anton Khudobin is the new hot goaltender of the week.

Can't believe how good the Ducks are....conclusion: Boudreau is a really good coach. Thought the Caps were stupid for getting rid of him.

Can't believe how good the Ducks are....conclusion: Boudreau is a really good coach. Thought the Caps were stupid for getting rid of him.

Boudreau is a spectacular regular season coach, but he hasn't figured out the NHL playoffs yet, he's basically the NHL's Marty Schottenheimer

Edited by oochymp

Matt Duchene made Team Canada. Good for him. Don't really know what to do if Canada got far and USA didn't. He can play well but the Canucks can I guess.

Can't believe Thornton and Couture didn't make the cut. Sucks as Canada usually has a designated Sharks line. Lol at Giroux missing the cut as well.

in a surprise to nobody, Ovi made Team Russia and Backstrom made Team Sweden, which makes 3 Caps on Olympic rosters (including John Carlson on Team USA :towel: ) I think I'll enjoy that a bit more than 2010 when there were five Caps on Team Russia, that felt weird

Edited by oochymp

Canes reign supreme on team Snublandia. Both Staals, Semin, and Skinner not going. Our Olympians are Faulk for Team Freedom, Tuomo Ruutu for Finland and Andrej Sekera for Slovakia. Go them.